anything lion guard

Re: anything lion guard

Postby Ashera » April 21st, 2016, 6:37 pm

It is a Polish comic from "The Lion Guard" ("Lwia Straż") magazine. I publish all the pages in oryginal language, but unfortunately I don't have time for translation now. You can select one of the two ends of this story.

First ending:

Second ending:

Zuri is incorrectly colored :despise: I also also have scans in much better quality, but they are too large to be placed here.
Ashera

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Also known as Maisha-Iris

Pride Points: 3

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » April 22nd, 2016, 3:54 pm

[quote="Daktari"]Sooo, after watching The Lion Guard I can't help but feel a little sad that they've changed Kiaras personality. She was very "bubbeling", laughed alot, and super curious in SP. In TLG they've made her more serious due to her being the older cub and the one with responsability. But for me that responsability doesn't need to affect her personality. When Kiara is a young adult in SP she still has that great personality. I want to see that in TLG! I don't say that I don't like the Kiara in TLG, but it almost feel like it's another cub....

And Kiara also always has this "wrinkle" on her nose in SP, which I cannot see in TLG :( :sowwy:

AND. I'd rather see that Kion would've got more of Nalas color instead of changing Kiaras from Simbas color to more Nala-ish in TLG. Why change??[/quote]

Kiaras personality is perfect actually. Speaking as a younger brother with an older sister myself, her and Kion have a pretty realistic interaction with one another. It's pretty normal for brothers and sisters to be snooty or snarky at each other sometimes.

EDIT: Nevermind, I misread your post. I thought you were referring to her snooty attitude at times.
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Postby Squeely » April 22nd, 2016, 4:18 pm

[quote="Daktari"]Sooo, after watching The Lion Guard I can't help but feel a little sad that they've changed Kiaras personality. She was very "bubbeling", laughed alot, and super curious in SP. In TLG they've made her more serious due to her being the older cub and the one with responsability. But for me that responsability doesn't need to affect her personality. When Kiara is a young adult in SP she still has that great personality. I want to see that in TLG! I don't say that I don't like the Kiara in TLG, but it almost feel like it's another cub....

And Kiara also always has this "wrinkle" on her nose in SP, which I cannot see in TLG :( :sowwy:

AND. I'd rather see that Kion would've got more of Nalas color instead of changing Kiaras from Simbas color to more Nala-ish in TLG. Why change??[/quote]
I feel like Kiara's character change makes sense. She's presumably older in TLG, preteen to young teen. It seems like she started taking her status as future queen more seriously, and now that she's older, Simba is lecturing and training her more. It feels like a natural progression to me. Though, it would be fun to see Kiara loosen up a bit and have fun.

As for the wrinkle thing, well TLG has a much more simplified art style. It needs to, otherwise episodes would take years to make. A wrinkle is a minor detail that doesn't really need to be there, because it'll help speed production along if they don't have to worry about something as small as that.

Nala's father was shown via Rafiki painting, and he had very Kion-esque colors, which makes Kion not having very Nala-like colors more forgivable imo. But I personally didn't notice much color change in Kiara. :kiaraunsure: :nod: I guess she is a bit paler? Probably more of a stylistic choice to go along with the look of the show more than anything else. I doubt it was done to make her look more like Nala.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 22nd, 2016, 5:39 pm

agreed
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby zerodix » April 23rd, 2016, 1:50 pm

ashera, that comic is a great find! and wow it looks great! are there more tlg comics like this one?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby goody2shoes » April 25th, 2016, 4:20 pm

this friday with what i seen in the comershill they are going to be doing the hakuna matata song in the new episode this friday cant wait to see it.
goody2shoes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): simba
Pride Points: 10

Postby Ashera » April 25th, 2016, 5:08 pm

Hakuna Matata in TLG? That's great information! :D
Zerodix, there is only one issue of this magazine for now, but I'll let you know when a new comic will appear in Poland :)
Ashera

Also known as Maisha-Iris

Pride Points: 3

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 25th, 2016, 9:59 pm

wow this will be interesting
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby zerodix » April 27th, 2016, 9:43 am

wow, they really milked out that song to the max, then. some originality would be in place, like a new song. on the other hand, it might give the old stuff a little boost and it might be rediscovered by the younger viewers.. you never know.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Squeely » April 27th, 2016, 10:20 am

Eh, I like Hakuna Matata. Don't see much issue with them using it, and I mean, it makes sense that Simba, Pumbaa, and/or Timon would sing it again.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard