Writing Contest/Exhibition? :3

Re: Writing Contest/Exhibition? :3

Postby DGFone » July 3rd, 2011, 11:36 pm

I will also board ship ship! This is a great idea! :)

But I don't want a word limit: my writing style is long and explanatory. I like "fluff" a some call it. Good or bad, I always write down long pieces.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheLionQueen » July 3rd, 2011, 11:37 pm

I'd love to be in a writing contest! We have alot of competitions in schools and camps so this would be perfect I am very competitive.
TheLionQueen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rachel or TLQ
Pride Points: 33

Postby changa » July 4th, 2011, 3:50 am

I'd love to join! I love to write, (and I'd like some publicity for my writing. :awesumface:)
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
Avatar and siggy by RainbowDash, userbar by me.
changa
Mighty Pirate™!

How appropriate. You fight like a cow!

Nickname(s): AK, Mhuni, Hooly
Pride Points: 9

Postby Kopalover » July 4th, 2011, 4:22 am

I'll join, but it depends if you get to choose your own topic. I can't write good stories if people tell me what to do, but otherwise . I'll join! :)
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby Azdgari » July 4th, 2011, 8:47 am

Kopalover: At least for now, I don't think there will be a category outside of it being TLK related. ^^

DF: Trouble is, we run into the problem that if ten people enter 5,000 word stories, voters have to read 50,000 words before they can vote for anyone. Keeping the word count low is tough, but if it's higher I don't think the contest will work. I'm free to any suggestions you might have though! ^^
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Songo » July 4th, 2011, 8:56 am

I will join in tooo! ^_^

Songo
Shes dangerous. ;3

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Such a pretty Kitty. <3

Nickname(s): Call me Lyss. :D
Pride Points: 16

Postby DGFone » July 4th, 2011, 8:56 am

[quote="Azdgari"]Kopalover: At least for now, I don't think there will be a category outside of it being TLK related. ^^

DF: Trouble is, we run into the problem that if ten people enter 5,000 word stories, voters have to read 50,000 words before they can vote for anyone. Keeping the word count low is tough, but if it's higher I don't think the contest will work. I'm free to any suggestions you might have though! ^^[/quote]

Sections/Divisions?

0-1000 words, 10001-5000 words, and 5000+ words? Maybe some other divisions. This way, if people want to read a lot, they can, but for those who want shorter sections, they can get that too without having to search for them.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » July 4th, 2011, 9:54 am

I'm not sure if we have enough participation to divide into that many sections at this point. :3
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby Annie » July 4th, 2011, 1:30 pm

Would there be a theme?
If so, would it be simple like "Write about Simba" Or a bit more complex, like "What would have happened if Simba met a leopard in the jungle?"
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby Azdgari » July 4th, 2011, 4:15 pm

We could certainly work with prompts. In fact, I think that's a great idea; we could all see each other's different perspectives on the same story idea. :3

Do people like that idea?
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

PreviousNext

Return to Planning and Characters