A More Hamlet Lion King

Re: A More Hamlet Lion King

Postby dariusgib » February 6th, 2012, 3:03 pm

do you think Ni is the best Polonious?
Image Created by Simbaholic

Help them to see. That the people here are like you and me. Lets us show them how to play the pipes of peace. Paul Mccartney
dariusgib
Lion of JUstice

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Look what you've done to Mr Bigglesworth!

Nickname(s): Zazu Blackadder,Pingu, Machievelli,the artist, etc
Pride Points: 3

Postby cleargreenwater » February 6th, 2012, 7:36 pm

[quote="dariusgib"]do you think Ni is the best Polonious?[/quote]

Hmm, I think Ni might be a little too savvy of a character.

I don't know how familiar you are with subcanon characters, but in one of the other TLK6NA books, "Vulture Shock" (which is absolutely terrible by the way, lol,) there's an old lion named Leo who'se full of both his own imagined nobility and importance--AND hot air, everyone else just rolls their eyes at him. He might be the silly-ly pompous sort to fit the role.

Plus Leo is visibly older than Simba & Nala, so he could be about the age of their parents to play Nala's dad.

Absolutely GREAT call on Mheetu, by the way! :D
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby dariusgib » February 7th, 2012, 9:19 am

mmmmmmmm but the problem with Leo is that he isn't Nala or Mheetu's father, and maing him their father may seem a little "odd" compared to the orginal arrangment with Ni

Help them to see. That the people here are like you and me. Lets us show them how to play the pipes of peace. Paul Mccartney
dariusgib
Lion of JUstice

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby cleargreenwater » February 7th, 2012, 1:57 pm

[quote="dariusgib"]mmmmmmmm but the problem with Leo is that he isn't Nala or Mheetu's father, and maing him their father may seem a little "odd" compared to the orginal arrangment with Ni[/quote]

Whatever fits your vision :cool2: Although I do have to say Ni is not Nala or Mheetu's father, either. He's about a college-age young adult when Nala is a slightly older cub than in the movie. :bow:

cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dariusgib » February 7th, 2012, 2:31 pm

thats what i thtough but a lot of fan fics produce Ni as Nala and Mheetu's father.....so i think Leo could have adopted Nala and Mheetu, sadly for this production Sarafina will be caste aside again :( sorry Sara

dariusgib
Lion of JUstice

Postby cleargreenwater » February 7th, 2012, 2:41 pm

[quote="dariusgib"]thats what i thtough but a lot of fan fics produce Ni as Nala and Mheetu's father.....so i think Leo could have adopted Nala and Mheetu, sadly for this production Sarafina will be caste aside again :( sorry Sara[/quote]

Aww, I feel bad now. You can use Ni if you had your designs set on him, don't listen to me too much, lol.

cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Postby dariusgib » February 7th, 2012, 9:33 pm

thanks hehe lol I shall be starting it at Half term and try to keep you huys updated with every act (note) This will not be longer, as long or a lot shorter then the actual play, i shall do my best with the length

dariusgib
Lion of JUstice

Postby Panda-chan » February 8th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Interesting idea. XD I actually think Zazu would be better suited as Polonius since he is the king's majordomo, and in the play Polonius is Claudius' chief counsellor. And both are equally annoying lol.
Rafiki should be Osric. They're both weird and flamboyant and not much use to the storyline. :P

I also agree with this:
[quote="TheLionPrince"]Fine with me, darius.

As for Horatio, you can guess either Timon or Pumbaa as they are both friends of Hamlet/Simba. Keep in mind that if you were suggesting Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to be Timon and Pumbaa, it wouldn't really work, because the hyenas suit the role more as they work for Claudius/Scar to kill Hamlet/Simba.

As for Polonious, I have no idea! But if I had to choose, I would choose Rafiki! In Act II, Hamlet refers to Polonius as a "tedious old fool", while Simba calls Rafiki something similiar, "creepy little monkey". Also, they are both old characters, though it's ironic in your story, how a mandrill can have two lions as his children.

For Laehartes, he is actually Polonius's son, not Claudius's. I would say Kovu would be a great choice! Both want to get revenge on Hamlet/Simba for another character's death; for Laehartes, he wants to avenge his sister, Ophelia, and for Kovu, it's Scar.[/quote]

Can't wait to see how this turns out. :) Hamlet is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby dariusgib » February 9th, 2012, 9:24 am

mmmmmmmm......I think this will work thanks everybody i shall start writing it soon, I shall be putting the cast list up soon as well.......Thanks everybody :) :) :) :lol:

dariusgib
Lion of JUstice

Previous

Return to Planning and Characters