help with my lion king script/novel pls?

help with my lion king script/novel pls?

Postby it means no worries » August 11th, 2014, 9:02 pm

i am half way through writing a lion king script/novel, id appreciate tips and comments and if anyone want s to help write it or has ideas pls PM me!

the first TLK, apparently is based on Shakespeare's hamlet, mine is kinda based on king lear,it picks up about a year after the birth of the cub at the end of number 2, the new cub is called Kopa. Kovu is being groomed as heir, this makes Kopa feel angry and alone. He struggles to get attention and feels he needs to do something drastic for recognition, he goes out with his brother to hyena territory and plans to be his brother's triumphant "saviour", this goes badly wrong and they get caught up needing Simba to rescue them but Simba only has time to help one of them, he helps kovu and kopa just escapes unharmed. Naturally this heightens tensions, Simba then publicly announces Kovu as his successor.
A few years later Simba is very old and Kovu becomes king, he grows power mad and banishes Kopa from the pridelands, Simba realized he has chosen the wrong successor, he argues with Kovu and is then banished himself. Simba finds Kopa roaming the jungle, bitter with hate, Simba admits he was wrong and asks Kopa to help re-claim the throne, at first Kopa refuses but then Simba tells Kopa the story of Scar (Kovu's father). Kopa agrees to help and they return to the pridelands and and overthrow the tyrant (Kovu). Because he is very old Simba appoints Kopa king. END.

hope you liked it! please PM me with opinion of this, and if you want to help me on this :)

Cameron
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Re: help with my lion king script/novel pls?

Postby SimbasGuard » August 20th, 2014, 12:31 am

It's a very different take on the Lion King. Good Luck going forward, I really have no idea for you on this.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Carl » August 20th, 2014, 1:18 am

The idea could be interesting, depending on execution. One thing I'd advise is make sure your story has proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation (I only say this because your post lacks them, please disregard this if you're one of those people who is just lazy in their posts). If you need help with this, you could look for someone to provide pointers or proof read it for you. Good luck.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby it means no worries » August 20th, 2014, 1:30 am

Thanks
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Return to Planning and Characters