Mlezi

Mlezi

Postby KionScar » May 19th, 2016, 12:35 am

Name: Mlezi
Species: Lipard (Lion x Leopardess)
Pride: Go-Between "agent" for Outlanders, Pridelanders and Rogues. Includes even Hyenas.
Personality: Kind and caring, would rather not fight but willingly would to defend herself and her adopted children/siblings/friends.
Description: Almost white-cream coated fur with slightly darker rosettes from that of her mother. She herself isn't much older than a cub like Kion, she does what she can to help the lands. She does respect him and his guard, but also knows about the scarcity problem of food in the Outlands and (spotted) Hyena overpopulation due to severe inbreeding. Hopes one day the Prideland's will take the Outlander's problems more seriously. Before there is even more trouble for them.
Position: Unknown
Crush/Mate: Surprisingly Kion (crush), despite the fact of her knowing that her father was (is) his great-uncle, Scar.
Children: (eventually) Liger, Leopard, Jaglion, - sooner: very young Hyena pups, 1 Spotted 1 Striped 1 Brown and 1 Aardwolf.
Other: Bright green eyes like her dad, black outlander nose. Claws always out; as she has had to be extremely alert of predators and others due to her age.
Picture:
Something like this, but lighter. (and TLK-styled)
Featured In: Prideland's Hope RP.
History: She doesn't know too much about her mother as she was killed by a teen group of male lions, she had been hiding and ran when she had a chance. Her mother was going to tell her more about her father later on but… These lions were known to kill spotted animals, regardless of whether they were their own kind or not. They didn't seem to care, and their reasoning was due to too much competition.

At least her mother had put up a fight for her only child despite being outnumbered, but in the end she now aimlessly wonders in the Pridelands looking for a place to call home, and a pride; a new family now that she is an orphan cub.
Last edited by KionScar on May 27th, 2016, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Re: Mlezi

Postby KionScar » May 21st, 2016, 8:05 am

http://yurikoschneide.deviantart.com/ar ... -408191243

Her cub form/look. Chin edit by me though.
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KionScar » May 27th, 2016, 3:59 am

Cub Update:

Adult:
lines: http://kainaa.deviantart.com/art/Outlan ... -449677525
Chin edit by me, again.

Updated Update: Separate Character that shares the name.
Edits by me.
Last edited by KionScar on January 18th, 2017, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KionScar

Postby Troll Berserker » January 17th, 2017, 10:56 am

[quote]Children: (eventually) Liger, Leopard, Jaglion, - sooner: very young Hyena pups, 1 Spotted 1 Striped 1 Brown and 1 Aardwolf.[/quote]
I don't get it? how can she give birth to all these, especially hyenas and aardwolves? Also tigers don't live in Africa.

Anyway, I think the first (drawn) design is fine. Changing her to look more and more like Scar to eventually making her an exact Scar clone is a bad idea. She had an unique look, Scar's scar made it cheesy and being exact Scar clone is just balantly unoriginal, unrealistic and lazy.
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby KionScar » January 18th, 2017, 10:30 pm

[quote="Troll Berserker"][quote]Children: (eventually) Liger, Leopard, Jaglion, - sooner: very young Hyena pups, 1 Spotted 1 Striped 1 Brown and 1 Aardwolf.[/quote]
I don't get it? how can she give birth to all these, especially hyenas and aardwolves? Also tigers don't live in Africa.

Anyway, I think the first (drawn) design is fine. Changing her to look more and more like Scar to eventually making her an exact Scar clone is a bad idea. She had an unique look, Scar's scar made it cheesy and being exact Scar clone is just balantly unoriginal, unrealistic and lazy.[/quote]

I've decided in actuality I've two OCs named Mlezi (just don't want to make a separate near-duplicate thread), one's pure lion (thus Scar-lookalike) and the other's a Lipard. As for the Pure Lion one, it's genetics that has her look like her daddy.

And as for the children that aren't lion, obviously adopted.

Spotted, Striped and Brown goes to the Hyena Cubs' species actually.
KionScar

Postby Troll Berserker » January 20th, 2017, 11:29 am

Still, copying canon's character's design is nowhere near your own invention, especially that she even has exact the same scar for some reason. "Because genetics" is a poor excuse.
I may not be a big fan of Scar havings kids all over the place, but here's a daughter of Scar, a manned lioness that looks a lot like him but still somehow kept her own personal bits - http://fav.me/d89u7rf
Don't give up on originality and don't copy other people's designs. Copying design - either from another artist or a company like Disney is just a shameless theft.
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby KionScar » January 24th, 2017, 3:37 am

This thread's posts are outdated anyways. /shrugs.

Her Scar though, she gained hers as a cub like Simba-sized when he was a cub. There is a story behind it.
KionScar

Postby Amur_Tiger » February 9th, 2017, 8:37 pm

[quote="Troll Berserker"][quote]Children: (eventually) Liger, Leopard, Jaglion, - sooner: very young Hyena pups, 1 Spotted 1 Striped 1 Brown and 1 Aardwolf.[/quote]
I don't get it? how can she give birth to all these, especially hyenas and aardwolves? Also tigers don't live in Africa.[/quote]

Well if the characters move 'Out of service, out of Africa' and into the sub-continent you could involve tigers at least. The Gir Forest in India still has Asiatic lions, though the more actually forested parts tend to favor tigers and leopards. Jaguars are geographically impossible and hyenas and other non-panthera are biologically impossible.
Amur_Tiger

Pride Points: 9

Postby KionScar » February 22nd, 2017, 8:00 am

[quote="Amur_Tiger"][quote="Troll Berserker"][quote]Children: (eventually) Liger, Leopard, Jaglion, - sooner: very young Hyena pups, 1 Spotted 1 Striped 1 Brown and 1 Aardwolf.[/quote]
I don't get it? how can she give birth to all these, especially hyenas and aardwolves? Also tigers don't live in Africa.[/quote]

Well if the characters move 'Out of service, out of Africa' and into the sub-continent you could involve tigers at least. The Gir Forest in India still has Asiatic lions, though the more actually forested parts tend to favor tigers and leopards. Jaguars are geographically impossible and hyenas and other non-panthera are biologically impossible.[/quote]

Never said anywhere that she gives birth to them. Just said that they would eventually be her children (adopted, but she'd still consider them her children).

Secondly, the story in where this would take place is more of a future Pangea-map, so all species technically could interact.

As for her look, again I have an actual in-story explanation for the Lipard. Curses. Disney usually has some form of magic in their stuff, right? But as I said, this thread is still kinda outdated anyhow.
KionScar

Postby KionScar » March 2nd, 2017, 5:45 am

I have story reasons for things, I just haven't them written out anywhere yet… :)

just a little photomanip I put together, and just like TLK characters she may gain or lose specific features as she grows up.
KionScar

Next

Return to Planning and Characters