help choosing a name

help choosing a name

Postby Sushi » September 23rd, 2016, 9:29 am

First of all sorry if this is the wrong place.

Part of what brought me here to the forum was for me to develop a OC which i hope to get made into a fursuit. So as I intend to make this real in a way, its important to get things right and be happy with it.

In brief the character is a illegitimate son of Scar that his mother was chased off by Zira when she found out. So not around at the time of the films. Based on Scar for the character design and he's on the face of it just as evil, bitter and twisted but thats just a front and will end up doing the right thing in the end (The dark hero kinda thing)

Ive narrowed it down to two names I like and I know its my own decision but I would like to have opinions of others as well as that so. Taken from advice elsewhere I've chosen a word in Swahili which they do fit in with TLK really well.

Samaki - This one has a hidden meaning to me (Translates as fish which is my last name) but i don't think it fits the character quite as well as

Makucha - Translates as Claws in english and to me is a bit darker and fits and more with existing LK universe names.

Any opinions are welcome, thanks in advance.
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Re: help choosing a name

Postby Sarger » September 23rd, 2016, 10:18 am

Makucha already exists in The Lion Guard, so people may get the names confused. Samaki has a ring to it, and I do like it. Overall, go with what you feel like.
Sarger
wew lad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ay lads

Pride Points: 11

Postby Sushi » September 23rd, 2016, 12:42 pm

[quote="Sarger"]Makucha already exists in The Lion Guard, so people may get the names confused. Samaki has a ring to it, and I do like it. Overall, go with what you feel like.[/quote]
Oh. I must have missed that one. I haven't seen them all yet. Thanks.
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tsuki » September 25th, 2016, 7:51 pm

Samaki sounds better to me too :)
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Sushi » September 26th, 2016, 6:12 pm

[quote="Tsuki"]Samaki sounds better to me too :)[/quote]

I guess its a bit more personal to me too. A little "In joke" with myself

Thanks.
Sushi

Return to Planning and Characters