Dark vs Light (RP partner wanted; villain preferred)

Dark vs Light (RP partner wanted; villain preferred)

Postby Carl » December 3rd, 2015, 11:01 am

Alright so here's the deal. I don't want the same typical kind of "slice of life" RPs we get a lot of on here. Here's what I want:

I have recently created a character, Ajabu, and I want him to have two mentors, one good, and the other evil. I have not determined his family yet, and perhaps one of the mentors could be a family member/relative. I was thinking, if someone with a good villain character wants to play his evil mentor, that my character Sethunya could be his good mentor; however I can create an evil mentor if need be. The evil mentor would need to be sneaky, and be up to something; they'd need some kind of goal to be working towards, and they'd need to be developed, instead of just "bahahahaha I'm evil cos EVIL!!!" These characters should belong to a pride other than the one from the films, but not necessarily a pride of all OCs. Maybe they are part of Malka's pride or something. I'm looking for some dark things to happen, perhaps some characters die who didn't deserve it etc.

I want at least 5 sentences per post and an attempt at grammar and spelling at the least. I also want a partner who's willing to contribute ideas to the story, and who doesn't mind if it takes a while for me to respond, as sometimes life gets in the way. (I don't expect immediate responses, either.)

Anyone interested?
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Re: Dark vs Light (RP partner wanted; villain preferred)

Postby Braveheart » December 3rd, 2015, 12:43 pm

Who exactly is Ajabu and what are his main goals? Why does he have 2 mentors?
(This reminds me of Fable....)
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 28

Postby Carl » December 3rd, 2015, 12:50 pm

He's a cub. His goals are pleasing his mentors. And he has two because more than one took him under their wing. Lots of kids have more than one mentor; with humans, it's often teachers at school and the parents, etc. Someone the kid looks up to for some reason. Perhaps both mentors teach important lessons, maybe one of them saved his life, there's all kinds of possibilities.

I haven't really developed Ajabu's character yet, as I write characters to develop them, and I didn't work out everything about the two mentors as the other person's character is currently an unknown to me and they'd have to help work out the plot.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Braveheart » December 3rd, 2015, 8:09 pm

You're right. Mentors could be found anywhere.

At first I have some reservations but the more I think on it, it could really be interesting. Morality RPs are not always a straight line answer. Does this cub able to obtain some supernatural powers like Kion did in TLG? Then we can expect to see many deus ex machina situations. :P :cheesysmile:

I do have an faint idea on how this might play out but it would explore new boundaries (I think.) I would like to work with you and see how it will go from here. However, the downside is me still being a relatively new player at Roleplaying LTK stuff. Ideas can go both ways, I probably need help along the way too.

P.S: It's not easy to be sneaky if the lioness in the pride are vigilant enough, and of course the bird majordomo would be annoying.

Would you be interested to hear them?
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » December 3rd, 2015, 8:17 pm

I don't think supernatural powers is a good idea; as so far established random cubs don't get those. Also, not all prides are going to have a bird as the majordomo; it could easily be another animal. And of course being sneaky is hard, but it's possible. If you're not sure you can pull off the villain's role, then I will do it and you can take on the other role. (You'd also be free to have other characters, either way, of course.)

But yes I'd be interested to hear your ideas. :)
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Braveheart » December 3rd, 2015, 8:54 pm

I can agree with that. Superpowers are a little iffy for me too, I would like to keep it realistic if possible. All you need to do is to bride the watch animal, and everything falls into pieces.

Now, on with the ideas. Where do I start with all the messy pieces swirling around my head...

I don't really know what are the relation of mentors to the cub, but I would assume that they are the pride seniors in a large pack of lions, from young to adults. I don't think they are just casual friends. Therefore, my idea of the Big Villain would someone he can trust easily; maybe a war veteran he looks up to? Someone that has been in battles over pride territories? His methods can be ruthless, but also seen as a necessity for survival.

Some may die along the way, but that's only a number. A figure to be cast aside.

What drives this lion? Perhaps he sees himself in the fledgling Ajabu. A reflection. Or a puppet to play with. He may/may not have disabilities or having limited strength due to his advanced age. Mr Senior is able to do his job well, as expected of an experienced hunter.

Unfortunately, Mr Senior has a deep secret that he doesn't share with others.

A little female cub that he secretly sired. Daddy's little girl. He hopes that Ajabu can make her his lioness one day. Unfortunately there's just one minor problem...

Pesky little weaklings have taken her. How could they? Why would they do that? Those beings! He watches her from far painfully, hoping that she could can be truly free one day.

If that is not enough, time is not a luxury for him, and he knows it.
Braveheart

Postby FlipMode » December 4th, 2015, 3:51 am

I could play the evil mentor. Definitely have some ideas.
I was thinking that (and I have to ask how dark you want the story to go?) he could be training Ajabu and like manipulating his mind to try and kill the good mentor.

The evil mentor should be from a different pride, struggling to get food and have their son (the evil mentor) plan all this out so they can overthrow the competing pride.
Just an idea I git based on the op
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Carl » December 4th, 2015, 5:24 am

Both of those ideas sound like they could work; do you each want to do separate 1 on 1 RPs or try to collaborate all 3 of us?

And Flip, I'd say about as dark as the movies, perhaps a bit darker, but nothing super extreme.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Braveheart » December 4th, 2015, 6:29 am

It's possible to have a collaboration but we have to understand what are the basic intentions of Sethunya's mentor, and what she wants of him. More of her history would be nice to read. (I'm guessing that Ajabu is probably groomed to be the next future leader of his pride, and not a vagrant male.) Both of the ideas theme are similar - being evil in nature but having different plots. We also need to flesh out supporting characters.

I will outline both ideas intentions in a nutshell if that's okay with everyone. (And expand more on my idea)

Flip's idea - The evil mentor ultimately wants to overthrow the pride leader and wants to bring his son into power. Good mentor must be killed. (I assume that Ajabu will be cast out afterwards, or probably being killed is a high possibility.)

But I point out that: If Sethunya is cub's tribe mentor or have a close relation, he might not be influenced by an outsider easily. He's most likely to be chased away.

My idea- The evil mentor AKA 'Famous Hero' doesn't want to overthrow the balance of power. He just wants Ajabu falling in love deeply with his daughter like any father would. Because his daughter is the only bloodline left. However a ultimate freedom rescue would be a very tough task to the protagonist, because it would require no easy choices.

What drives this desperate father is because of... no, not because of hyenas, wild dogs, leopards. It's much worse.

Spoiler: show
HUMANS.

:(

Humans make interesting antagonists because it's something unfamiliar and different to the hero. They are a formidable but not without flaws. Thinking out of the box would be required through.

Similar to Flip idea, he may or may not kill the good mentor but he believes that the cub can either: counter influence the other mentor/put her in place when he becomes king/ignores her 'goody-two shoes' advice.
Last edited by Braveheart on December 4th, 2015, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Braveheart

Postby Carl » December 4th, 2015, 6:44 am

Sounds like separate is probably better. And Sethunya is merely a wise old lioness who wants peace and you know, harmony, that kind of thing. Her history, if relevant, can be revealed at a later time, but it shouldn't really affect the plot too much. I wasn't planning on Ajabu being trained to be the ruler, but I suppose that would work with your ideas.

However, I don't know about humans, every time they've been inserted in any TLK type thing I've been involved with it hasn't been good. :unsure:

You'll have to make a strong case for their presence.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Next

Return to RP Planning & Discussions