The Lost Prince: Kopa [FULL]

Re: The Lost Prince: Kopa [FULL]

Postby Braveheart » January 16th, 2016, 3:05 am

I understand what you mean. In the past I also faced the same problem with another website where people suddenly disappeared, and I hope it wouldn't be repeated here. Still, I am hopeful of things to come :) In my opinion, if a member suddenly stops posting, then the slack will have to be either picked up by another, killed/retired, or put up for advertisement again.

With experienced roleplayers like yourself, I hope to seek your consul from time to time. We can always fall back on this thread for plot development. 8-)

I thought of the beginning where Kion arrived at the scene and sees kopa is being dragged away from the currents by Idir. No one quite believes him. Kion then kicks off the investigation...

For the ending, it depends on the character actions in the story. But likely a fight will ensure.Maybe even a death. :-o

Edit:

To predict the ending, we need to know character relationship to each other, and how they would interact in a given situation. For example: Idir's love for Zuri stopped Kopa from killing her. But it caused Zira to throw him off the cliff.
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 28

Postby Carl » January 16th, 2016, 3:36 am

I'm not sure we can determine an ending, because tbqh what my characters will do and how I play them will change depending on what others do. I think we just need a contingency for if/when someone goes MIA. For example, if someone knows they can't keep playing, they post here and we perhaps go on hold for, say, a week or two to see if we can get someone else to fill the roles. Or if someone just vanishes and the RP stalls for a few weeks or so, we assume they aren't returning and find a replacement. If an external player can't be found, we divide up the vacated characters. In this case, should be the person return, they can have them back.

We can discuss upcoming plot (and the ending) in this thread as we move along, just to make sure we have a general idea where we're going, but without restricting all creativity from the start to a specific ending.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Braveheart » January 16th, 2016, 3:46 am

By the way, what do you think of my opening scene? Will it be okay? :)
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » January 16th, 2016, 4:09 am

It sounds fine to me, yeah.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Braveheart » January 16th, 2016, 5:08 am

Okay I have added 3 New characters (reserved) just in case they are needed. Maybe they will be relevant, maybe not. Not sure who wanna play them, so we shall see...
Braveheart

Postby Carl » January 16th, 2016, 5:40 am

Once I've seen them, I may take Jasiri or Rei Rei.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Gemini » January 16th, 2016, 10:36 pm

[quote="Braveheart"]I understand what you mean. In the past I also faced the same problem with another website where people suddenly disappeared, and I hope it wouldn't be repeated here. Still, I am hopeful of things to come :) In my opinion, if a member suddenly stops posting, then the slack will have to be either picked up by another, killed/retired, or put up for advertisement again.

With experienced roleplayers like yourself, I hope to seek your consul from time to time. We can always fall back on this thread for plot development. 8-)

I thought of the beginning where Kion arrived at the scene and sees kopa is being dragged away from the currents by Idir. No one quite believes him. Kion then kicks off the investigation...

For the ending, it depends on the character actions in the story. But likely a fight will ensure.Maybe even a death. :-o

Edit:

To predict the ending, we need to know character relationship to each other, and how they would interact in a given situation. For example: Idir's love for Zuri stopped Kopa from killing her. But it caused Zira to throw him off the cliff.[/quote]

Yeah, people disappearing has killed pretty much every RP I've ever been in on this site. Guess people aren't too big into RPs here. lol

And of course. :) I'm always open if you have any questions about RPing, and I know Julie probably is too. She's RPed a fair number of times, perhaps even more than me, I think, haha.

I agree with your guys' consensus on people disappearing. Especially given how difficult it may be to find new roleplayers (especially once we get started and there's pages of text to read through), I think it would be easiest if the remaining players just took control of that person's characters until the time when/if they decide to return.

If you think you're gonna be gone for any considerable length of time, I think it would be a great idea to post in here first, to give everyone a heads-up. Otherwise, your characters are gonna get... split up for a while. lol

As for making an ending, it might be pretty difficult since we have multiple players. But unless we really are just gonna wing it completely and only come in here to discuss plot as it comes up, we should at least have some basic ideas of where we are headed. It's okay (and kinda natural and inevitable tbh) if it changes over time. But I've found that every story I've written goes a lot better if I know where I'm going, if that makes sense. :P I've had no real problems writing Trampled out (excluding the breaks I take sometimes), and that's been going on for four years now. All I really had at the beginning was the beginning and ending and everything else built up as I go. But if I don't have at least that, things usually fizzle out and die after like two chapters.

Maybe it's more of a novel-writing idea than a roleplaying idea, though; can't say I know. But yeah, if we come up with better ideas along the way, that's totally fine. Doesn't matter if it changes or anything. :P If someone plays someone different and the plot just kinda takes us somewhere else and it doesn't go like we expected, that's totally fine. We don't need to restrict our creativity a ton, as you said. But we should have, for example, a basic idea of how long we want it to be and in what time-frame we want to stop, and who we want to kill off.

If something else comes to us, and we change our minds, that's totally okay, though. lol
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Braveheart » January 17th, 2016, 3:44 am

It's more of a commitment thing once you get started. Real life can be unpredictable. But there's something that always made me wonder: We have like 6 pages of Roleplayers that has this title but only less than 10 are active. Where did they go, lol.

It's good to see a old hand on deck :) let's do that suggestion for inactive players.If finalized, I'll go ahead n add it to the front page so everyone knows.

As for the pages getting too long and all, perhaps we can add a page summary to summarize what has been going on so far. Just a view of the summary and you'll be good to go.

Unlike novel writing, RP is always different. In novel writing, you get to choose predictability & where the characters go because you know your own world. You are the sole director. In an RP, everyone's a director, that's the difference.

Predictability = Easier to write, everything is set. Less Room for creativity.
Non Predictability= More Creativity & you get that 'mysterious' feel. But harder to write.

I agree on the time frame period discussion through. Probably the RP ends when the big bad has been defeated & everyone goes their own ways, waiting for another adventure again. (Not everyone but you get the idea :P )

I would like to discuss everyone's character relationship to each other before we start through. Maybe that would make it easier to write?

E.g, Idir hates Kion, likes Zuri, have dealings with Zira & neutral to everyone else.

If not, that's okay I think...
Braveheart

Postby Carl » January 17th, 2016, 6:52 pm

Well, again that will depend on how characters are played. For example, I know how Zira feels about her cubs and Simba and Kiara... but how well she likes Idir will depend on how Zira would react to his actions. Similarly, we know Kovu likes his siblings and mom, can reasonably assume he'd dislike Kopa based on this plot, but other than not having him and Kiara fall for one another, we can't say for sure how he'll feel about the others. And Zuri... well she's friends with Kiara and Tiifu... whether or not she likes others will depend on how they interact.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Braveheart » January 18th, 2016, 6:33 am

^ That's very true: Too many 'X' factors. We just have to play it out and see how it goes.. Hmm.

[quote]...but how well she likes Idir will depend on how Zira would react to his actions.[/quote]
A little clarification here: 'She' in this context refers to Zira?

Currently I wonder about this:
Are Janga & his hyenas going to be working for Zira, or they independent of her and have their own agenda?
Braveheart

PreviousNext

Return to RP Planning & Discussions