Democratic Transition in the Pride Lands

Democratic Transition in the Pride Lands

Postby SimbaKovu » December 17th, 2016, 7:55 am

I've always wanted to manage an RP in which a newly installed Queen Kiara slowly facilitates a democratic transition within the Pride Lands, and eventually loses control of its speed and momentum. Her main foil and the central agitator for further democratic change would be Vitani, but other characters both canon and original would most certainly be a feature as well. Would anybody be interested in participating in such an RP? Please let me know in this thread.
SimbaKovu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Democratic Transition in the Pride Lands

Postby Justmeonhere » December 17th, 2016, 5:37 pm

How interesting! The idea of a political LK role play is very original. I'm intersted for sure.
Justmeonhere

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

May the Austen be with you!

Pride Points: 2

Postby FlipMode » December 17th, 2016, 9:50 pm

Yeah I think that sounds interesting! I'd certainly be up for that, did you have any particular ideas in terms of to what extend it would go for a democratic system?
i think it would create some interesting potential conflicts and test bonds of some of the characters. As well as possibly brining serval others together.
I have an OC that I could bring to the story as well.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby SimbaKovu » December 18th, 2016, 7:25 am

One of the central issues in any form of transition would be which groups of animals should be afforded the right to vote in elections, if at all. One of the main recurring conflicts of the story would be Kiara and Vitani constantly having to grapple with and negotiate competing visions of how the franchise should be extended.
SimbaKovu

Postby Simba_Lion » December 24th, 2016, 8:42 pm

I would be interested in joining, especially if I can be Simba, if it's possible.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby Justmeonhere » January 2nd, 2017, 11:07 pm

I'd like to join too. It's possible to take Nala or Kovu?
Justmeonhere

May the Austen be with you!

Pride Points: 2

Return to RP Planning & Discussions