[Cancelled] [A Farce] RP Planning with Azdgari

[Cancelled] [A Farce] RP Planning with Azdgari

Postby Kina » July 14th, 2017, 5:52 am

So, let's start batting ideas - what you're in the mood for (AU, canon expansion, complete OC-base), what characters you might want to use, etc.
Kina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Re: RP Planning with Azdgari

Postby Azdgari » July 14th, 2017, 6:03 am

Probably canon expansion, I'm not sure I have the time to be doing much world building. As for characters, I guess I've got a Kopa character I messed around with in a fic a few years ago, along with a friend of his Izze. And a weird, hippie-like, vegetarian leopard (this fic was maybe a little out there?)

Outside that, just canon characters really. Do you have much in the way of OCs in the bullpen?

Off-topic: going through your old writing is a brutal exercise. I've got more adverbs in there than an unedited F. Scott Fitzgerald book.
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Kina » July 14th, 2017, 6:10 am

One more post before bed on my end, XD. I haven't had the time to keep up with the LK fandom in a few years, so I do have a fair bit of information shored away on my harddrive, but I'd have to dig it up - but I do have a plethora of characters, so we have stuff to work with.

So for canon expansion, would you prefer generation one or two? (Assuming that you aren't counting the subcanon generations of Ahadi/Uru, etc.)

As for the old writing ... oh yes. Finding a LK RP from 2010 in a Word file was actually what made me look up MLK again. It was terrible, XD, but the concept had potential.
Kina

Postby Azdgari » July 14th, 2017, 6:14 am

Probably one. I think Simba, Nala, and Scar are deeper characters, and others like Sarabi are pretty open to interpretation which is nice too.
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby Kina » July 14th, 2017, 1:04 pm

That's certainly true. Are you wanting to try an RP-base novelization of generation one from start to finish to flesh it out better than the movie (something that would take time, granted, but could be quite fun if we include subcanon characters and lore), or something more specific?
Kina

Postby Azdgari » July 15th, 2017, 1:17 am

Novelization of generation one sounds fun. Get into some of the deeper subcanon/lore, dig into things that the movie glazed over. I like that idea.
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby Kina » July 15th, 2017, 1:23 am

Indeed! So, now that we know what we're doing ... Are we going to include subcanon and storyboard characters (Mheetu, for example)?
Kina

Postby Azdgari » July 16th, 2017, 12:36 am

Sounds good to me! All the more reason to learn more about the subcanon. I think we could get a lot of mileage with how characters like Sarafina/Sarabi actually interact with Scar/Taka... the film takes a very (understandably) simplistic view of their relationship but it would be nice to look at how they all work together, especially when you think about how they probably grew up together, etc.
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby Kina » July 16th, 2017, 1:33 pm

Somehow I missed that you had posted last night, sorry~.

But, yeah, I'm open to brainstorming "generation zero's" background so we have a sturdier foundation to base the current storyline off of. (I do think Kula and Chumvi are siblings, though, based off of how similar their designs are.)
Kina

Postby Azdgari » July 16th, 2017, 2:52 pm

Yeah, I have a pretty cursory knowledge of those characters but based off of quick background reading and comparing their designs, that makes sense.
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Next

Return to RP Planning & Discussions