Welcome! Introduce Yourselves!

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourselves!

Postby xKendo » June 11th, 2016, 10:33 am

[quote="Swifteye"]Howdy, I'm Swifteye. I'm new here.

I used to be called Woody Swifteye, but then some people began to laugh at my fursona name as wolf, and I changed to just Swifteye. It stuck since. I come from the furry fandom and someday I want to buy a real fursona suit! However they are really expensive. I just watched a few Lion Guard Episodes and I hope to learn more about these cute guys. Especially Kion!

I have no idea what to add, which means I shall end it here.[/quote]

Hey Swifteye! Welcome to MLK :D
As Maggy already mentioned, I'm a furry and I'm building my own fursuit as well, it sure is a lot of work and even after remaking countless times a certain part (of the suit) a million times I still cut myself, so I feel you. However, if you keep trying I know you will suceed! Mostly because fursuits aren't cheap. You can pretty much make a fullsuit by yourself and ends up being WAY cheaper and sometimes you can make your character come to life better than anyone else, but ofc, be careful, I don't want to know that a fellow furry was hurt during the making of the suit! :kiaraunsure:

But yeh, here, in Portugal, I don't think people know much about the "bad side" of the furry fandom, which is good. However, don't worry about it now, we got your back!
My fursona is a maned wolf, named Zack Lucis! Do you gave a ref of yours? I like to draw :P

Have fun here tho!
xKendo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Swifteye » June 11th, 2016, 1:20 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]Hello Swifteye have fun here.[/quote]
Thank you, I am loving this place already. This has a great community.

[quote="xKendo"]
Hey Swifteye! Welcome to MLK :D
As Maggy already mentioned, I'm a furry and I'm building my own fursuit as well, it sure is a lot of work and even after remaking countless times a certain part (of the suit) a million times I still cut myself, so I feel you. However, if you keep trying I know you will suceed! Mostly because fursuits aren't cheap. You can pretty much make a fullsuit by yourself and ends up being WAY cheaper and sometimes you can make your character come to life better than anyone else, but ofc, be careful, I don't want to know that a fellow furry was hurt during the making of the suit! :kiaraunsure:

But yeh, here, in Portugal, I don't think people know much about the "bad side" of the furry fandom, which is good. However, don't worry about it now, we got your back!
My fursona is a maned wolf, named Zack Lucis! Do you gave a ref of yours? I like to draw :P

Have fun here tho![/quote]

I am working part time as a Cashier at a convience store, and saving a large part of money to realize my dream. I was self taught, but soon realized it was quite hard. Ordering online would be easier. If I get a new job, preferably as a teacher, I can earn enough one day to get one. My fursona is Swifty. By "ref", is it the color of paws, size and shape?
Swifteye
One with nature.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Swifty
Pride Points: 1

Postby xKendo » June 11th, 2016, 1:37 pm

[quote="Swifteye"]
I am working part time as a Cashier at a convience store, and saving a large part of money to realize my dream. I was self taught, but soon realized it was quite hard. Ordering online would be easier. If I get a new job, preferably as a teacher, I can earn enough one day to get one. My fursona is Swifty. By "ref", is it the color of paws, size and shape?[/quote]

Well, as I haven't finished school yet I don't have money to spare to buy one, but if you can, then fo gor it :D
Which maker are you looking up too tho? Seriously curious rn!

By ref, I mean something like this:
Spoiler: show
(Art is not mine tho, this was an adoptable I bought from a friend)Image
Last edited by xKendo on June 11th, 2016, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xKendo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Marizzle » June 11th, 2016, 2:29 pm

[quote="Swifteye"][quote="Marizzle"]Welcome to MLK! My name's Marizzle, but I also go by Maggy. :D I'm a Furry too! I'm actually building a Fursuit at the moment, and, another member here, xKendo, is also doing the same. You're most definitely not alone. :highfive:[/quote]

Woah, that's amazing. The last time I tried making one, my hand got cut because I was careless with the knife. :( I'm a grey wolf, how about you people? :) I'm a little hesitant revealing myself as furry because society doesn't seem to like us.[/quote]
Unfortunately the Furry fandom isn't that known in Portugal and most people don't even know what a Furry is. The positive side of this is that the "bad fame" of Furries doesn't affect us that much, so we don't really fear "revealing it".

Yeah, getting cut, burnt, hurt is part of Fursuit making, but, in my opinion, it's all worth it in the end. I personally never cut myself by accident, but I did get burn many times, with the hot glue. :lol: But, if you plan on asking a maker to do your own fursuit, that's pretty cool too! Do you have any favourite makers/options? :D

I'm an orange, black and white Tundra wolf. :D Here's my Fursona's ref (the info isn't updated, but the design is still the same):
Spoiler: show
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Chavratheserval » June 17th, 2016, 4:06 am

Hi...my name is Reanna. 13, and for some reason I became overly obsessed with anything that has to do the Lion King. But that's a good thing, I thought I was the only one into it. I'm so happy there's many more like me. Even though it's the internet...still get a little shy. Can't wait to meet you guys:3 :puppyeyes:
Hey there! :glad:
Nicest person you'll ever meet. :P

Love the Lion king! ;)

Check out my Deviantart page!http://sonicboom4560.deviantart.com/
Chavratheserval
NO WAY NO HOW I WON'T SAY I'M

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

my special BROWNIE in life

Nickname(s): Rere
Pride Points: 10

Postby FireAndSun » June 17th, 2016, 7:06 am

Hi there. I hope you enjoy your time here. :)
FireAndSun

Pride Points: 25

Postby Elton John » June 17th, 2016, 7:13 am

Welcome to the pride!
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Marizzle » June 17th, 2016, 12:32 pm

Hi, welcome to MLK! :hug2: If you need any help, just ask! :D
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby SimbasGuard » June 18th, 2016, 8:58 am

Welcome chavratheserval Enjoy being part of the pride.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Biovr » July 2nd, 2016, 12:49 am

Hello. I am Boris. I am Russian. I do not know much English... But I really liked your community.
Maybe I'll talk bad in your language, but I have all the respect and want to get to know you better. I really like the cartoon "The Lion King" and everything associated with him. Therefore, I would be interested to see your forum. Thank you for attention х)
Fate, she is so...
Biovr
I'll never reach to the stars

Nickname(s): Biovr, Charles Badge, Hanter (A - hAnter), Winter,
Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions