The Walking Dead RP (with Shadowfax)

The Walking Dead RP (with Shadowfax)

Postby Carl » October 24th, 2015, 9:12 am

Right so. Walkers and stuff. :P

Anyhoo you got any kinda ideas in mind? Wanna work from a certain point in the story or do some kinda OCs or something?

Cos I'm a bit unsure where to begin at the moment. :innocent:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Re: The Walking Dead RP (with Shadowfax)

Postby Shadowfax » October 24th, 2015, 4:55 pm

I was going to suggest OC's. Perhaps we can start off about a year into the apocalypse and later on down the line maybe hook up with Rick and his group at the village they are currently in, in the series. I think I might use my old PC Ashelin for this one and my other OC Sam ^-^ will post references when I get on my PC.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Carl » October 24th, 2015, 5:08 pm

Cool, that probably is the best idea. I'll get or find an OC or two then. We should probably work in a different area than where they are in the show, since they won't have bumped into one another yet. You got any preference for location? I probably don't know a whole lot more about US geography than you do. :P
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Shadowfax » October 24th, 2015, 10:20 pm

LOOOOL, I failed Geography SO badly when I was at school xD Maybe they can be in the state next door to where the characters in the series are perhaps? Wherever that may be!

Ok, my characters are:

Name: Ashelin (Ash)
Hometown: Devon (UK), but was in the US when the apocalypse struck.
Personality: Loyal, untrusting, cautious, strong, headstrong, bold, unsympathetic and blunt.
Family: Not alot is know about her past. She never speaks of her parents and she lost her sister to the Walkers when the epidemic began.
Partner: Single.
Appearance: 5,7. Blond and red hair with green eyes. Wears jeans, black tank top, hoodie and always has a gun holster on her left leg. She has a small sword which hangs off her belt down her right leg. Also has a backpack on her person at all times.
History: Ashelin had a very lonely and sad childhood. She went into the armed forces at sixteen, but left when she was twenty as she had an incident out in one of the wars which made her lose faith in the army. She learnt alot there, though her training is kept to herself. Because of this incident that happened out in the army, Ash kind of went on the run and travelled the world trying to escape her guilt. She ended up in the US and is still there today, wandering the wilderness killing walkers and protecting the young Sam.
Current situation: Keeping Sam safe and trying her hardest to stay alive. The new world has bought more guilt to Ashelin, but these days she is able to cope better.
Reference pic (Minus gun and backpack) http://silvershadowfax.deviantart.com/a ... -398420267

----

Name: Sam
Hometown: New York
Personality: Timid, scared, lacks confidence.
Family: He lost all his family to the apocalypse.
Partner: Single.
Appearance: Short for his age. Blue eyes, brown hair and wears jeans, a hoodie and always has a bag of comics and books with him.
History: Sam was growing up with his family and lived a happy, normal and carefree life. They were visiting (The state we decide to base our story round xD) When the Walkers killed his mother first, then his father. He fled into the wilderness and stayed hidden in a garage when Ashelin found him when she passed through the city. Being the only survivor he'd seen in days he follows her, much to her annoyance. However he soon bonds with her and the pair keep each other sane as they travel the dying world.
Current situation: He found Ashelin wandering the town and took an instant like to her. He felt she could protect him from the Walkers and decided it was safest to stay with her.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby Carl » October 24th, 2015, 10:53 pm

Well, in the series they start in Georgia and have now traveled through a few states to wind up in the DC area. The state I'm from (Tennessee) is actually immediately north of Georgia. DC is around Virginia, so the characters probably went through the Carolinas to get there. I have a vague idea of TN geography, if you wanna go with that, otherwise we'll just be 100% making stuff up. :ha:

Your characters look cool, I'll try to get mine sorted by tomorrow or Monday, heading into the land of crumby internet for the rest of the day atm. :P

Edit: Here's my character; I ended up adapting a character I created long ago for a dead project. I think I'll be sticking with the one for now, but may add some others later.

Name: Laurence Carter
Personality: Laurence is somewhat squeamish, but he’s used to having to do things he’s uncomfortable with. He tends to be a bit of a loner, but is very loyal and helpful to those he trusts. He’s emotionally a bit closed off, but he can be friendly and his general attitude is to be at the very least polite to people who haven’t shown themselves undeserving of it.
Family: His father died in Iraq and he hasn’t seen his mother since pre-apocalypse.
Partner: none
History: Laurence was very close to his father growing up. His father was in the army and instilled in his young son the principles of courage and heroism, encouraging him to do what he felt right in a given situation and to protect what he loves. Unfortunately his father was killed in the Iraq War, and all that Laurence has to remember him by are his dog tags, which he always wears about his neck. In the following years without his father, Laurence discovered his sexuality and was disowned by his mother for his "sin". He began living out of his car and continued attending high school. He had to steal food and beg in order to survive, but it didn’t last long, because shortly thereafter the outbreak happened. Having been taught some things about survival from his father, Laurence procured a switchblade early on. He collected a backpack and filled it with books and food, keeping the knife on his belt. Later on he found a metal baseball bat and carries it with him in his hand most of the time, or between his back and the straps of the bag when he needs both hands. He prefers to run from Walkers than kill them when possible because of his squeamishness.
Appearance: show
Laurence headshot.png
Laurence headshot.png (242.87 KiB) Viewed 7812 times

Laurence Carter.png

Note: His father's dog tags read:
[quote]CARTER
SAMUEL, J.
123-45-9876
A POS
CHRISTIAN[/quote]
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Shadowfax » October 26th, 2015, 8:58 pm

Making stuff up sounds good xD Your character seems pretty awesome too! :D
Shall we have them bump into each other at the start, or do you want them already as a little trio?
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby Carl » October 27th, 2015, 3:16 am

May be better to have them meet up in the first few posts or something, let us get a feel of how they'd interact together more naturally.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Shadowfax » October 27th, 2015, 4:43 am

Okie doke! Would you like to start or shall I? :)
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby Carl » October 27th, 2015, 4:49 am

If you could, that'd be great. I won't really have a good opportunity until tomorrow night (or probably late tonight your time, I guess xD).
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Shadowfax » October 27th, 2015, 10:49 am

Alrighty! I'll post something this afternoon/evening =)
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Return to RP Planning & Discussions (OT)