[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - "Either run from it, or learn from it" [Private: DGF & TW] — My Lion King Forum

"Either run from it, or learn from it" [Private: DGF & TW]

Re: "Either run from it, or learn from it" [Private: DGF & T

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » May 17th, 2015, 11:50 am

Amira nodded at the statement that there probably was not a pride in this area. She could not remember one being in this area, unless they were newly formed. She liked to keep tabs on the prides she knew of, mainly for social reasons, but she wanted to be a help to her father and brother back home by keeping relations sweet. Not all prides like to talk however, she had experience of that in the far West. They weren't hostile, but they certainty weren't friendly. "I didn't think there was a pride here; not since my last visit" she smiled.

Amira's first idea of Mjuvi was confirmed; that he was a rogue. She was surprised that he had been one his entire life. Amira couldn't picture herself like that. A rogue for life wasn't uncommon though. Perhaps he travelled with just his family, she wondered. Though it did raise the question of where they were now, though he was almost fully grown so she did not expect him to need his parents.

"Yeah" she started, "Though I have only been one for maybe, seven or eight full moons. I'm from the Tambara kingdom, if you've ever heard of it". She wondered if she had said too much, but she did not reveal her position back home. She often did not like to say. Lions would treat her differently when they found out she was a Princess. They'd be more polite, they'd be afraid of what to say and how to say it. Often they failed to understand why she'd leave such a position and a life where you are always watched out for; many assumed she had been forced out.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby TheWhistlerify » May 17th, 2015, 2:53 pm

Mjuvi slightly averted his gaze from Amira as he tried to recall whether the name of the kingdom she was from sounded familiar to him or not. Surely he and his mother haven't stayed there once during his youth, as Amira was claiming to have been a rogue for only 7 or 8 months and, since they were roughly around the same age, the lion would have remembered her name and face. He often got to interact with others his age while staying with a pride along with his mother.

Slightly shaking his head in a negative response, the male turned his attention back to the lioness next to him. "I don't think I have." But he was curious to find out more about Amira. It was very rare for a lioness to be forced out of a pride but, aside from the natural question as to why someone like her was a rogue to begin with, he really wanted to know more about her. Because he hasn't had normal conversation in such a long time he was finding this to be very pleasant.

"I... used to travel with my mother." he said after a short silence, figuring he might as well explain how come he's been a rogue his whole life and was now a living adult who was able to talk about it. He didn't feel all too comfortable about going into details, but despite having met Amira just moments ago he felt confident enough to tell her at least that. "What about you?" he asked as he sat down as well. "Um... If you don't mind me asking..." She could refuse to answer and he wouldn't push her into it.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » May 17th, 2015, 3:12 pm

Amira wasn't sure if she felt relief or sadness that he hadn't heard of the Tambara. It was a truly beautiful place; in her eyes anyway. Going back to visit was always a pleasure, the valley represented homely-ness and safety for her, and her family were very important. She had been lucky to grow up there. Though it did mean he knew nothing of her and her royal heritage, which was always a positive. "Shame, it's a lovely place" she said with a hint disappointment.

He used to travel with his mother. Used. Amira's mind wandered into what that word meant. Had they fallen out? Did she join a pride with Mjuvi not being able to? Had she died? His tone of voice indicated for her not to press further into it; it wouldn't do well to upset or anger a seemingly nice lion. Upon his further questions, she decided she didn't mind him asking, and she had ways of avoiding the truth. "I left my pride on my own accord. I fancied an adventure, you could say" she said with a smile, that much was true. "I have good knowledge of these lands, and where the major prides are located, so I have made my way around".
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheWhistlerify » May 17th, 2015, 6:22 pm

Mjuvi, feeling quite grateful at not being questioned further about his mother by Amira despite her very noticeable curiosity, nodded in response when she answered his own question. "How nice..." It felt good to know that not everyone was a rogue because of something harsh or tragic, and the lioness really did seem rather content with the fact that she was travelling on an adventure, as she'd just said with her own word.

Of course, the male didn't know the entire story behind her leaving her family and pride behind. While he himself has been a rogue his entire life, he wished the circumstances as to him being a lone one would have been more positive, like Amira's. But, despite it still being painful for him and probably for his mother and two younger siblings as well, the important thing to him was that they would have an easier time looking after themselves. It was for the sake of that that he was able to endure the loneliness that was the price.

A small smile then appeared on Mjuvi's muzzle as he thought about her choice of words some more. "That's kinda cool." he said. He's never really thought of the more adventurous side of travelling. Having done just that since the day he could remember himself, it was a routine for the young adult. "Do you find it all exciting?" he quickly asked, sounding intrigued. "Do you enjoy seeing all sorts of new sights in different places?"
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » May 17th, 2015, 6:38 pm

Amira smiled thoughtfully at his questions. She let her mind wander to her different experiences. She had found her time spent in the Northern Jungle had been some of her most exciting times. She witnessed the coronation of the Queen of the Majani pride, who lived on the border of the jungle. She had been invited to the event during her stay there, and she was able to build a metaphorical bridge with the pride, improving relations and so on. She knew this would be a help to her father and eventually her brother when he became King.

"It's been an experience" she said with a laugh. "Most of it has been good. I've experienced different prides and seen some pretty amazing places. Things do go wrong though. I've come across some irritable rogues" she paused after this. Most lone male rogues. especially ones who were actively in competition for prides, often expected a form of companionship from passing females, and when turned down they often became agitated; some were obviously just foul in general. "I've gone without food and been in some awful weather too" she explained. "The positives do outweigh then negatives in my travels" she reassured. "I'm sure you've experienced a few mishaps as a rogue too though".
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby TheWhistlerify » May 17th, 2015, 8:24 pm

Mjuvi smiled ever so slightly as Amira told him that she's seen some amazing places in her travels. He supposed the same could be said about him, even if he hadn't paid much attention to that in the past. It was quite a shame, now that the young lion was thinking about it, as it could have provided him with something positive to look forward to and take comfort in while going from one place to another.

His smile naturally faded as she then went ahead and slightly talked about the downsides of her journey, mainly other rogues. He had a pretty strong hunch that she was talking about other males. "Well, I've obviously had my bad luck with food and weather in the past as well." he said, finding that to be very much relateable. Suddenly, he found it impossible no to chuckle. "If it makes you feel any better, I also had my share of encountering... irritable rogues..."

It was very much like him to joke around, but it was even more like him to not be able to stop himself from just saying his silly statements out loud. "Although, with me they're either just plain impossible to get along with or trying to hurt me." It then occurred to Mjuvi that perhaps comparing the two cases wasn't the most humurous thing to do. No, he's definitely had better moments.

"S-Sorry..." he quickly muttered as he rubbed the back of his head with a paw, finding it impossible to look Amira in the eye. Feeling his face heat up with embarrassment didn't help much either and he hoped the lioness wouldn't notice. "I tend to be, well, too talkative sometimes..." He could hardly help trying to get a laugh out of someone, but he really did wish he would think what he had to say through before talking on some occassions. Now she was probably thinking that he had a horrible sense of humor... Good luck trying to break that first impression...
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » May 17th, 2015, 8:42 pm

Amira giggled, it did make her feel better. Though she had expected he had encountered miserable rogues before, hearing him say it was somewhat comical. As he spoke further she felt at conflict to laugh at his statement or not, upon seeing his embarrassment she titled her head to one side in consideration. She started to chuckle again, finding what he followed him with to be relate-able. "I have that problem, don't worry" she responded, referring to his talkativeness. "I'm pretty sure the impossibility to get along with these rogues comes from their side completely, I can't see how they'd dislike you".

The lioness felt a cringe shiver through her body, why had she said that? That sounded a bit forward, and it confirmed that she didn't always think before speaking too. She refused to dwell on it and quickly moved on, not wanting to get flustered about it. "So...what are your plans? Are you heading anywhere?" she asked. "I think I'm going to stay around here for a bit" she decided. The antelope may return to the pond, or other prey may appear in then next morning so it was worth the wait around. She could probably find a place to sleep the night that was close to the pond.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby TheWhistlerify » May 18th, 2015, 6:07 am

Mjuvi couldn't help but notice that Amira was quite amused by what he was saying despite it seeming like a complete disaster to him. True, his own embarrassment had to be a part of that mix, but at least it wasn't all that bad... He couldn't help but agree with what she was saying about unpleasant encounters with rogues. Some of them just had some very bad attitude issues. It was no doubt as to why they were rogues on their own. At least, he liked to think that he wasn't in that position for the same reasons.

What Amira then said caught Mjuvi a little by surprise, and he found himself staring at the young lioness by his side for a few seconds afterwards. "Oh, thanks!" he said cheerfully, smiling at her. It sure felt great to know that she thought that way and that she liked being in his company, especially after all of his bad luck with other prides and rogues.

"You could say I'm looking for a place to settle down." The lion then explained. "I've been a rogue my whole life, so I think that would be nice. The problem is that I don't really know where I'm going." It was all of a sudden that an idea occurred to him, followed by another example of him maybe speaking out too soon. "We could travel together..." Yeah, that was pretty straight forwards... "U-Uh... I mean... You're really nice..." He rubbed the back of his head with a paw. "Most rogues and prides I've come across aren't, and, w-well... it's always pleasant to have company..." So far he really did enjoy being around Amira, but chances were she wouldn't want to stick around... Nevertheless, Mjuvi found himself looking at the female with a pretty hopeful look.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » May 18th, 2015, 9:48 am

Amira was instantly thrown into her own inner turmoil. She was going to head home for a visit in about three weeks; she hadn't been there for a while. If he were to travel with her he'd have to find out about being an heir to a Kingdom. Not just any heir, the former first in line. She hoped it wouldn't change his already formed opinion of her. He validated that she was 'really nice', which made her smile, maybe a bit bashfully. Oh well, she thought, if he does find out and takes it badly, it won't be the end of the world - but something made her doubt her thoughts.

"I'd love to travel together" she responded, finally, after too long of a pause. "And you're really nice too" she added with a softer smile. She stood up, feeling a bit drier. She began to walk through the high grass to get to the low hanging trees on the other side, assuming he'd follow. "You don't mind if we stick around here first though, do you?" she asked, looking behind her. "I've been travelling East for a week now and I need the break". She also didn't want to leave that pond just yet, it was a rather pleasant little area, and it would make for a comfortable retreat.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby TheWhistlerify » May 18th, 2015, 11:19 am

To Mjuvi, Amira's pause as she thought the possibility of them travelling together over felt like eternity. But, when she finally did respond, positively, the young male couldn't stop a broad smile from spreading across his muzzle. And she thought he was nice, too! "R-Really?" he asked. "Great!" True, they'd only agreed to travel together, but it was a pretty big deal for him; not having to constantly be alone...

Standing up as well, Mjuvi went ahead and followed Amira as she began to walk through the tall grass, in the direction of some trees which were bound to provide some shade. "Oh, no, I don't mind at all." he said, smiling all the while. It's not like the lion had some destination he was heading towards. He had a basic idea as to which direction he was going, but that really didn't matter to him anymore. As long as he wasn't by himself, he really didn't mind. A rest also sounded perfect.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying