European Union: Britain, remain or leave?

Remain or leave?

Poll ended at June 22nd, 2016, 3:41 pm

Remain
67%
Leave
25%
Undecided
8%

Total votes : 12

Re: European Union: Britain, remain or leave?

Postby Rollo » June 25th, 2016, 12:48 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 25th, 2016, 12:54 pm

[quote="Rollo"]http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-scottish-referendum-scotland-eu-remain-nicola-sturgeon-snp-a7100736.html

Great article from Independent that suggests there is a possibility that Scotland and NI could rejoin the EU without leaving the UK.

In regards to a second referendum, although I do have a strong feeling we'd vote yes this time, I think that the timing has to be crucial. They would really have to plan it exceptionally well and the campaigning would have to hit all the right buttons--being misled by England and the No campaign altogether would have to be a constant reminder for those who still, somehow, have faith. There ain't no chance in hell we'll get a third referendum, so we can't screw this sequel up.

I do want it to happen though.[/quote]

Huh, that's curious. This is going to be an interesting turn of events for the UK, that's for sure.

Still baffled over the voter remorse though, why would you vote for something you don't actually want?? :headache:

Also the UK badly needs more representation of ALL its union members, not just England, if it wants to stay united. This referendum just plainly exposed the rift in the union, and I highly doubt citizens of the other union members are gonna be happy the way things are going. Christ, I knew it was questionable before but now the backlash seems to be overwhelming.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Si-Amber » June 25th, 2016, 12:57 pm

^ You could say the same about if the 20odd% of English voters had turned out. My point is, please don't bash my entire country for something a lot of us didn't want. ;)

And yes, there's hope for a decent PM in the near future IF an election is called. My dream situation would be a Labour victory under Corbyn. Not sure I'd have much faith in anything else.
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby juhouh » June 25th, 2016, 12:59 pm

[quote="Simbaholic"]Idiocy has prevailed once again.

Tons of right-wing groups from other countries hailing it makes it all the more concerning. With the apparent appaling state of the Left in the UK it's just gonna pave the way for the right-wing, a sad day for anyone in the UK.[/quote]
And how come? In my country the right wing and capitalists are the ones who wants to stick with EU and USA and the leftists and communists wants to leave it and be more tied with Russia than the EU. Whether you wanna follow, capitalism or communism the EU is a middle-ground that prevents to go either way and you are stuck in the middle where the decisions cannot be made. Those leftist who support EU are revisionists
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Simbaholikov » June 25th, 2016, 1:06 pm

[quote="juhouh"][quote="Simbaholic"]Idiocy has prevailed once again.

Tons of right-wing groups from other countries hailing it makes it all the more concerning. With the apparent appaling state of the Left in the UK it's just gonna pave the way for the right-wing, a sad day for anyone in the UK.[/quote]
And how come? In my country the right wing and capitalists are the ones who wants to stick with EU and USA and the leftists and communists wants to leave it and be more tied with Russia than the EU. Whether you wanna follow, capitalism or communism the EU is a middle-ground that prevents to go either way and you are stuck in the middle where decisions cannot be made[/quote]

In your country yes. UK and Finland are two very different things, Finland leaving the EU at this moment in time would likely be a good thing because of the leftists. But the UK doesn't have a major leftist support and has always been extremely capitalist so all that's likely to happen in the UK is more right-wing groups. If the UK was more leftist then absolutely they should've left but that's not the case right now.
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 25th, 2016, 1:07 pm

[quote]Leave voter regrets voting Leave when he realises it means we're now Leaving[/quote]

I didn't know I was reading The Onion.

:|

Spoiler: show

...is this legit? Did Fox News really think the UK is leaving the UN?
KopsTheTerminator

Postby it means no worries » June 25th, 2016, 2:06 pm

[quote="Kops"][quote]Leave voter regrets voting Leave when he realises it means we're now Leaving[/quote]

I didn't know I was reading The Onion.

:|
[/quote]

People are just panicking initially.

@Shadowfax- I highly doubt Corbyn will even be head of the party in two weeks-there's already a vote of no confidence being filed against him.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby FlipMode » June 25th, 2016, 2:13 pm

I already see posts here on the lines of "Oh well now this is going to happen."... Who are you and can you please tell me next weeks winning lottery numbers since you can apparently see the future.
The simple fact of the matter is that no one knows at the moment and all this speculation and uncertainty is what is really driving people apart I feel.

If this turns out to be the worst thing ever, feel free to find me in five years and tell me "Told you so" but until we actually start to see the results of this decision, all the speculation and people saying "Well now this thing will happen." are just adding fuel to the fire and driving people apart. We need to stick together to make sure this is handled correctly and in a way that works out as well as it can for everyone. Or we can just spend the rest of our days just bashing everyone else who has an opinion that's not the same as our own.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Si-Amber » June 25th, 2016, 8:52 pm

^ This. I'm bored of seeing spats on social media over the result and some of my fellow Remain voters throwing their toys out the pram, demanding a 2nd referendum. It's pointless, this was a democratic vote and disappointed as I was yesterday, I accept that a small majority voted against the result I want. Enough with the bashing England, bashing the over-60s, branding Brexitiers as racists and Xenophobes. What's done is done and we need to look to the future, hope for the best and all work together towards looking after all four countries of the UK and everyone who lives here, especially the poor and vulnerable. Worse things have happened to us than leaving the EU. Life goes on. Let's keep on fighting to make England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales four of the greatest nations.
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby Tsuki » June 25th, 2016, 9:40 pm

^ This.

I was ashamed and upset at the vote. But what's done is done. We need to roll our sleeves up and get on with it :).
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

PreviousNext

Return to The Den