Zootopia

Re: Zootopia

Postby Elton John » June 24th, 2017, 12:21 pm

I love Clawhouser.

I mean, the scene where he was packing up to change departments because he was considered "threatening" nearly broke my heart.

I'm a big and tall guy, and I can relate to being considered threatening when I typically have a cheerful demeanor. People have complained about me to the dean in college that they felt 'unsafe' around me.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby LeonKFox » June 24th, 2017, 1:04 pm

Yeah, poor Clawhauser. He wouldn't hurt a fly :( At least he gets his old back by the time Nick graduates from the police academy (which is one of the most touching epilogues to any film, ever. No arguments)

I read an ongoing fic that chronicles the time between Bellwether's arrest and the epilogue, it makes for a really amazing read and yes, it takes a bit for Clawhauser to be let out of records.

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12141796/1/H ... ring-Wound
LeonKFox

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Gaze » June 25th, 2017, 5:27 am

I'm glad to see someone else bringing up the disappointingly small amount of Zootopia merch! it's so strange that Disney wouldn't plaster images of this film onto every remotely marketable object possible. they usually seem pretty good at doing that. I was shocked when I found Zootopia fruit snacks at the grocery store because that seemed like one of the only mundane items with Zootopia marketing on it that I've seen, haha.

and honestly I feel that a lot of the merch that was released was pretty low quality. I didn't buy much of it just because I was so disappointed in the majority of it. there's Zootopia action figures on sale at Target right now for like $5 and I'm still hesitant to buy any....they just don't look that great )~:

it's a shame because it's SUCH a damn good movie. I wasn't expecting it to be good because I haven't really enjoyed any of the computer-animated Disney films at all. it blew me away and continues to do so every time I watch it.
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby LeonKFox » June 26th, 2017, 11:44 am

[quote="Gaze"]I'm glad to see someone else bringing up the disappointingly small amount of Zootopia merch! it's so strange that Disney wouldn't plaster images of this film onto every remotely marketable object possible. they usually seem pretty good at doing that. I was shocked when I found Zootopia fruit snacks at the grocery store because that seemed like one of the only mundane items with Zootopia marketing on it that I've seen, haha.

and honestly I feel that a lot of the merch that was released was pretty low quality. I didn't buy much of it just because I was so disappointed in the majority of it. there's Zootopia action figures on sale at Target right now for like $5 and I'm still hesitant to buy any....they just don't look that great )~:

it's a shame because it's SUCH a damn good movie. I wasn't expecting it to be good because I haven't really enjoyed any of the computer-animated Disney films at all. it blew me away and continues to do so every time I watch it.[/quote]
You can see them in one of my merch photos, but the flocked Toys R Us exclusive figures of Nick and Judy are quite high quality and film accurate, albeit limited edition. Importing them to the UK was not cheap. Doesn't help I bought a set for a friend as well... :ocwap:
LeonKFox

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » June 26th, 2017, 12:13 pm

Now that I think about it, there isn't much zootopia merch.

The film grossed over a billion worldwide, won an oscar, and.... there's almost nothing for it.

It doesn't make any sense. Does Disney suddenly hate money or something?
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby LeonKFox » June 26th, 2017, 2:48 pm

[quote="Elton John"]Now that I think about it, there isn't much zootopia merch.

The film grossed over a billion worldwide, won an oscar, and.... there's almost nothing for it.

It doesn't make any sense. Does Disney suddenly hate money or something?[/quote]
Like I said in the post where I revived this thread, it's basically a repeat of the Lion King vs Pocahontas scenario from the Renaissance era. Lion King was seen as not being all that marketable compared to the new Princess movie so all the stock and marketing went into that, again for Zootopia it was Moana.

And we all know how that turned out. It could be a good year or two removed from the release of the film before they get sufficient merch out. People tell me it took them about that long with the Lion King. (I was too young to remember or notice)
LeonKFox

Postby Elton John » June 29th, 2017, 6:17 pm

Moana is legit great. Not AS great as Zootopia but definitely a high point in Disney animation.

The soundtrack is the best they've done since Tarzan. Half a year later, I still listen to it a few times a week.

There are rumors that Zootopia will be a part of the animal kingdom in disneyworld. You know what that means? More merch.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Bunga1973 » February 15th, 2019, 9:59 pm

[quote="Gaze"]I'm glad to see someone else bringing up the disappointingly small amount of Zootopia merch![/quote]
I agree.
Bunga1973

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nostalgia nerd

Postby Ultra Fox » January 29th, 2020, 3:25 am

bun police is fun police
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Previous

Return to The Den