Is #BlackLivesMatter a legit movement or black supremacy?

Is #BlackLivesMatter a legit movement or black supremacy?

Legit Movement
56%
Black Supremacists
37%
Other
7%

Total votes : 27

Re: Is #BlackLivesMatter a legit movement or black supremacy

Postby it means no worries » April 8th, 2016, 11:19 pm

I have no problem with the concept of the group but not with their methods. They have shown that they can be a very violent group.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby TheLionPrince » April 8th, 2016, 11:49 pm

[quote="lelizwe"]Yeah, you have to wonder why on earth someone would use Fox News as a source for one of their claims. It's almost like saying "I want this to be true, but meh, it's probably BS."[/quote]

I was trying to find the clip of the disturbing chant, and it happened to be one of the videos that carried the footage. I don't particularly endorse the statements made by Bill O'Reilly or his commentators in the video. And nothing is wrong with using Fox News as a source as long as the actual fact (and not the opinion) spouted is backed with hard evidence and statistics.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Rollo » April 9th, 2016, 3:31 pm

[quote="Kops"]Of course they're there to benefit blacks, that's the whole point. You wouldn't see the first feminists trying to fight for men's rights because men already had the rights women didn't have.[/quote]

This.

Honestly, I can't help but feel that this entire discussion is based on the same hatred that many people hold for feminism. You are NOT looking at the bigger picture, or the majority of the followers or supporters of the movement. You are looking at the selective groups who back up the opinion you have. You're only taking into account the minority of people, be it 'femi-nazis' or black supremacists, and deciding that yes, this is what every single black person is advocating for, this is what this movement is based on, what it's working toward and this is why you should hate it. How on earth can you be so foolish as to assume that every single black person wants this? That this is what they all support and thus, this is what the movement is? This is what a portion of the movement is. How could we ever judge an entire movement based on what a few people agree on? How is that remotely fair?

What Kops said about hiveminds is so true. I'm honestly in awe that one could assume otherwise.

The people in BLM who want more justice in the system are not doing it for the good of society. Not doing it to get justice for the poor men and women who suffered and had their lives ended for no reason other than racism. Nah, they're out to enforce supremacy. Of course that's it.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby KopsTheTerminator » April 9th, 2016, 4:38 pm

[quote="lelizwe"]Honestly, I can't help but feel that this entire discussion is based on the same hatred that many people hold for feminism. You are NOT looking at the bigger picture, or the majority of the followers or supporters of the movement. You are looking at the selective groups who back up the opinion you have. You're only taking into account the minority of people, be it 'femi-nazis' or black supremacists, and deciding that yes, this is what every single black person is advocating for, this is what this movement is based on, what it's working toward and this is why you should hate it. How on earth can you be so foolish as to assume that every single black person wants this? That this is what they all support and thus, this is what the movement is? This is what a portion of the movement is. How could we ever judge an entire movement based on what a few people agree on? How is that remotely fair?[/quote]

I did notice that attitude too to be honest. If you judge every group by its extremists you're better off supporting no one at all, because every human group has its extremists that don't shape their movements.

You can do this for every group and come to the same conclusions.

Christians? Backwards religious people forcing religion into their country and denying LGBTs of their rights.
Atheists? Militants that constantly harrass otherwise moderate religious followers.
Democrats? Delusional SJWs.
Republicans? Rich privileged scumbags only looking out for their own riches.

Matter of fact is if you keep looking at the worst of each community you will always find deeply unpleasant people, so if that makes each group fundamentally evil, why be part of anything at all?
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Simbaholikov » April 9th, 2016, 4:55 pm

This is one of the worst thought out topics I've read for a long time.

The first post is incredibly biased against BLM whilst providing absolutely nothing to compare it against. Reading that alone of course it's going to sound like some evil 'black supremacy' movement. Reads more like an ignorant one sided opinion piece than an actual discussion topic here.
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rollo » April 9th, 2016, 4:56 pm

^ Exactly! Both Kops and Simbaholic. Couldn't have put it better myself.

To be perfectly honest, speaking from my own observations, I feel like there's a few members on this site who are trying so hard to be as anti-SJW as possible that they're coming off as far worse people than the SJWs I've seen. You can't see the positivity in any movement or support any matter of equality because then you're a SJW. I think they may need a reality check on what a SJW actually is.

Don't fight hatred with hatred, guys, you end up sounding like a child. It makes it so hard to take any argument you have seriously.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KopsTheTerminator » April 9th, 2016, 4:58 pm

Yeah, that's what we call a confirmation bias. His stance was already against this movement to begin with, from the looks of it he just hunted down extremists to support his stance without even providing any good aspects of the movement to give readers a better picture making it a ridiculously one-sided 'debate'. Not a very good basis for a topic. :/
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Elton John » April 9th, 2016, 5:07 pm

Yeah imma stay out of this topic...
Last edited by Elton John on April 10th, 2016, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KopsTheTerminator » April 9th, 2016, 5:13 pm

[quote="lelizwe"]To be perfectly honest, speaking from my own observations, I feel like there's a few members on this site who are trying so hard to be as anti-SJW as possible that they're coming off as far worse people than the SJWs I've seen. You can't see the positivity in any movement or support any matter of equality because then you're a SJW. I think they may need a reality check on what a SJW actually is. [/quote]

I've noticed this trend too and it's ridiculous. Let's get this straight.

Advocating for human rights is a good cause and does not make you "whiny" or "spoiled". It's downright stupid to deny that modern society isn't perfect and there are still unpleasant aspects of racism and sexism that we need to address to.
Going on witch hunts over people you consider "privileged", claiming you're an oppressed bunnykin and shaming people for who they are is being hateful and pathetic not to mention most likely a sign of mental illness which is the vibe I get from these people. (I saw someone's blog on Tumblr once claiming they're flamekin and would go on bouts of serious self harm whenever someone challenged their "identity" as literal fire... what?)
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Rollo » April 9th, 2016, 5:20 pm

Precisely. Don't get me wrong, it would certainly help if the people who claimed to be 'kin' as well as the other trends that seem to occur with SJWs on Tumblr stopped claiming to be oppressed and perhaps realised that you cannot support the people who are actually oppressed in our society while still believing that you're oppressed for a made-up issue. That would definitely help, for sure.

But it's the clowns who actually believe that social justice is about pretending to be part-cat and having 'fake' sexualities and mental illnesses and hating men, that really need to grow up and maybe do some actual research for once. You're following the exact same trends, it's just the type that focus on making fun of 'SJWs'. You haven't bothered to actually remember that this is not relevant to social justice and never will be. And most likely, as I've noticed with a few people, they hate it when other's may notice that they have some subconscious sexism or racism within them before they do.
Rollo

PreviousNext

Return to The Den