Foreign Language Topic

Re: Foreign Language Topic

Postby IMightBeHere » January 15th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Maar je hebt ons :)
But you have us :)

Spoiler: show
"The road of life is long and confusing, but try to walk it with pride and bring joy and happiness to the ones crossing your road of life. Who knows, maybe you can walk your roads of life together." - By me :)
IMightBeHere

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby VitaniCubbeh » January 15th, 2011, 3:57 pm

I think JDH your post lagged <.< This says the last post is from you but theres no post from you lol xD
I live in Finland and yes, we live in igloos, drink Koskenkorva, fight with polar bears and chill with penguins. jk lol.
VitaniCubbeh
A lonely lion from theOutlands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Million Miles Away

Nickname(s): VC
Pride Points: 4

Postby IMightBeHere » January 15th, 2011, 4:59 pm

Could be, no idea :)

Spoiler: show
"The road of life is long and confusing, but try to walk it with pride and bring joy and happiness to the ones crossing your road of life. Who knows, maybe you can walk your roads of life together." - By me :)
IMightBeHere

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby AdAstrα » January 15th, 2011, 5:17 pm

[quote="JDeHaes"]VC+QoPR: Wow, Swedish and finnish completely different languages :p (but aren't they close to each other?)
TheIvanMuse: Thanks for the topic!
QoPR: Swedish seems quite familiar to Dutch. What are Good morning and good evening thanks/please in Swedish?
VC: Wut are thx and plz in finnish?

Srry if I'm askint too much :D[/quote]

We're close to each other geographically but language-wise, there's a HUGE difference lol. I don't understand Finnish at all. It's VERY different from Swedish.

As for Swedish being similar to Dutch, some words are but generally..not so much. It's more similar to German because Germany had a big influence on us back in the 12th century something. Lots of German people worked and lived in Sweden during that time and thus, the language was also influenced.

Swedish words:
Good morning = God morgon
Good evening = God kväll
Thanks = Tack
Please = Tack/Snälla
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby xLilacVixenx » January 15th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Hey, all you people. If any of you knew how to speak Scottish and could teach me, I would be forever in your debt. I would like to learn to speak Swedish and Scottish as they are where my ancestors decended. ^^ I'm almost half Scottish.
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Pride Points: 13

Postby VitaniCubbeh » January 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm

Doesn't they speak english in Scotland?
I live in Finland and yes, we live in igloos, drink Koskenkorva, fight with polar bears and chill with penguins. jk lol.
VitaniCubbeh

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Million Miles Away

Postby xLilacVixenx » January 15th, 2011, 5:54 pm

[quote="VitaniCubbeh"]Doesn't they speak english in Scotland?[/quote]

I think they do, but I thought they had a language. Maybe it was Irish I'm thinking of...
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Pride Points: 13

Postby TheWhistlerify » January 15th, 2011, 5:55 pm

I always felt like studying German =o
Sometimes I simply sit down and write because I cannot help it. Who knows, perhaps one day something will come out of it. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
My 'The Lion King' fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370841/1/
My 'Pokémon' fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9017329/1/
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby AdAstrα » January 15th, 2011, 6:01 pm

[quote="xLilacVixenx"]Hey, all you people. If any of you knew how to speak Scottish and could teach me, I would be forever in your debt. I would like to learn to speak Swedish and Scottish as they are where my ancestors decended. ^^ I'm almost half Scottish.[/quote]
I could try to teach you some Swedish but I warn you, it's a very difficult language to learn. Although if you're determined enough, it's definitely doable =) So don't be discouraged hehe.

Are there are Spanish-speakers around here? I'm studying Spanish and would love it if someone was willing to teach me more..=D
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby VitaniCubbeh » January 15th, 2011, 6:06 pm

I can speak some spanish, I have studied it two years. And we need to study over 6 years of swedish in finland -.-"
VitaniCubbeh

Million Miles Away

PreviousNext

Return to The Den