Foreign Language Topic

Re: Foreign Language Topic

Postby Sigurd » March 1st, 2016, 11:25 pm

Ich verstehe dich auch. Wenn du lernt, dann wirst du besser.

I understand you too. If you learn it, you will become better.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Claws » March 1st, 2016, 11:58 pm

Hola

It means Hi

:O
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Marizzle » March 2nd, 2016, 12:47 am

Alle verstehen alle hier. :P

(Everyone understands everyone here.)
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Ninaroja » March 2nd, 2016, 12:48 am

Estoy contento por que mi nivel de espanol ha aumentado mucho desde empezar mi curso en la universidad! Espero que el frances alcance el mismo nivel.

I am happy because my level of spanish has gone up a lot since starting my course at university. I hope my French will reach the same level.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Marizzle » March 2nd, 2016, 1:36 am

En mi caso, lo opuesto ocurrió. Mi Alemán está peor ahora que dos años atrás. Mi professor solo habla Alemán y, si alguién no entiende una palabra, él no la traduce. Él simplemente la explica...en Alemán. :unsatisfied:

(In my case, the opposite happened. My German is worse now than it was 2 years ago. My teacher only speaks [in] German and, if someone doesn't understand a word, he doesn't translate it. He simply explains it...in German.)
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Stronger than fear

Postby Shawry111 » March 4th, 2016, 6:56 am

Ich habe eine Freund im mein klass wer sprechen Niederlander, beiden Sprechen sind sehr ahnlich, aber auch sehr unterschiedlich

(I have a friend in my class who speaks Dutch well, both languages are very similar, but also very different.)

Sorry I'm still not good at this...
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Marizzle » March 4th, 2016, 1:27 pm

Ik spreek ook een beetje Nederlands, hoewel ben ik niet goed - ik weet alleen de basics. Volgend jaar wil ik klassen van Nederlands hebben. :D

(I also speak a bit of Dutch, however I'm not good - I only know the basics. Next year, I want to have Dutch classes.)
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Stronger than fear

Postby Ninaroja » March 21st, 2016, 3:29 am

[quote="Marizzle"]En mi caso, lo opuesto ocurrió. Mi Alemán está peor ahora que dos años atrás. Mi professor solo habla Alemán y, si alguién no entiende una palabra, él no la traduce. Él simplemente la explica...en Alemán. :unsatisfied:

(In my case, the opposite happened. My German is worse now than it was 2 years ago. My teacher only speaks [in] German and, if someone doesn't understand a word, he doesn't translate it. He simply explains it...in German.)[/quote]

¿De verás? ¿Tal vez es porque no estáis al nivel sufficiente entender un clase completa de alemán? Cuando yo estaba en colegio mis profesores de lengua hablaban inglés cuando explicaban algo pero con más experiencia usaban cada vez más la lengua en cuestión. Ahora en la universidad tengo clases enteras en espanol, pero pienso que los professores usan palabras mas basicos, y hablan más lentamente que su forma nativo.

(Really? Is it because you aren't at the sufficient level to understand a class completely in German? When I was at school my language teachers spoke English when they were explaining something but with more experience they used the language in question more and more. Now at University I have entire classes in Spanish, but I think that the teachers use more basic words and they speak slower than they would usually as a native)
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Marizzle » March 21st, 2016, 5:36 am

Sim, é exactamente isso. No momento, eu sou parcialmente incapaz de seguir aulas dadas 100% em Alemão, pois não percebo tudo o que é dito e nada é traduzido, em quaisquer momentos. Porém, na minha universidade, só existem aulas de Alemão a partir do nível A2.1. Se quisermos ter aulas de níveis inferiores, a nossa única opção é inscrevermo-nos para aulas do nível desejado, no Instituto de Línguas da Faculdade, pagando cerca de 300€. Sujeitamo-nos, também, a ficar um 4.° ano. A Faculdade gostaria de poder abrir diversos níveis de uma só língua em simultâneo em cada semestre, mas ainda não obteve a autorização para tal. :unsatisfied:
Pessoalmente, não acho que um aluno no nível A2.1 tenha conhecimentos suficientes para acompanhar aulas completamente em Alemão, mas okay. Quando decidi arriscar e tentar fazer as cadeiras, não pensei que o Professor nunca traduzisse nada para Português ou Inglês. De qualquer forma, é exactamente por isto que eu pareço tão "OMG!" às vezes. As coisas são complicadas.

(Yes, its exactly that. At the moment, I'm partially incapable of following classes taught 100% in German, since I don't understand everything that is said and nothing is translated, in any moments. Yet, in my university, there are only German classes starting in level A2.1. If we wish to have classes of lower levels, our only option is to sign up for classes in the desired level, on the college's Institute of Languages, and pay around 300€. We're also subjecting ourselves to staying a 4th year. The college would like to "open" various levels of the same language, in simultaneous, per semester (right now, it's one level per semester, according to your year), but, apparently, it still didn't get permission to do so.
Personally, I don't think a student in level A2.1 has enough knowledge to follow a class taught completely in German, but okay. When I decided to risk it and actually do the subjects, I never thought the professor would never translate anything into Portuguese or English. Anyway, this is exactly why I seem so "OMG" sometimes. Stuff is complicated.)
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Stronger than fear

Postby Sigurd » April 27th, 2016, 1:10 am

Wie ähnlich ist Spanisch von Portugisisch?

How similar is Spanish and Portuguese?
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

PreviousNext

Return to The Den