Is anybody in a band of some sort? Or play an instrument?

Re: Is anybody in a band of some sort? Or play an instrument?

Postby NightmareMoon » October 14th, 2008, 11:42 pm

[quote="kovu42"]Band Here just isn't all that catchy... Although that would have really opened the door for varieties of instruments and solos and all that fun stuff.

By the way Jamehh, a mellophone is the marching band equivalent of the French Horn[/quote]
Ah :] didnt know there was such thing xD
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The night... will last.... FOREVER!!

Nickname(s): NM, Jamie
Pride Points: 19

Postby kovu42 » October 15th, 2008, 12:56 am

I didn't either until my band teacher just randomly asked me "hey, do you want a marching french horn?" and there it was a few days later... So much nicer than marching with the actual French Horn.
Addicted to band...
Gay and proud of it!
Icarus and Daedalus Fantasy - Keith Gates
kovu42

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Resident Music Writer

Pride Points: 2

Postby NightmareMoon » October 29th, 2008, 5:05 am

My Jazz Band just had our first concert tonight! It went great although everyone messed up at least somewhere, everyone was nervous.
A Bunch of Sophomores living up to a national champion Jazz Band is nerve wrecking. ( 70% of last year's band was Seniors.)
But it was great overall.
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

Postby Zeke » October 29th, 2008, 5:38 am

I am in a band called the Kamikazes. Its my band and we rock out in the guitar hero world!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Postby Simba » October 30th, 2008, 1:04 am

our school had a school band once....then everyone got mad about something or another and it tanked. but I played anything percussion they needed. drums, bells, triangle, tamborine, symbols, and so on. I also play the piano and guitar, just not in a band.

ironically, my cousins were asking if I was good at playing drums cause they needed a drummer for their band just the other day :P
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby Scars Ghost » November 6th, 2008, 1:47 am

I am a drummer/percussionist. I used to play in a jazz band but wanted to see what choir is like so I switched and am now in the school's Men Choir. I see Nala's Mate evry' day in band. I am part of an orchestra that plays at a college, just had the first concert of the season. I am an ok pianist and I'm getting into the piano game music genre.
"The night is dark just before the dawn, I promise you, the dawn is coming!"--Harvey Dent--The Dark Knight
"Why so serious???"--The Joker--The Dark Knight
"Life's not fair is it?"--Scar--The Lion King
"My Mama always said, 'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.'"--Forrest Gump--Forrest Gump
"X NEVER marks the spot"--Indiana Jones--The Last Crusade
"10! X marks the spot"--Indiana Jones--The Last Crusade
Scars Ghost

I'm here to haunt you Simba

Pride Points: 0

Postby lk nub » November 6th, 2008, 2:01 am

I play piano.. i think it is really fun ^^
lk nub

Argh

Postby Scars Ghost » November 6th, 2008, 2:06 am

It is. Sometimes the coordination gets a little tough.
"The night is dark just before the dawn, I promise you, the dawn is coming!"--Harvey Dent--The Dark Knight
"Why so serious???"--The Joker--The Dark Knight
"Life's not fair is it?"--Scar--The Lion King
"My Mama always said, 'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.'"--Forrest Gump--Forrest Gump
"X NEVER marks the spot"--Indiana Jones--The Last Crusade
"10! X marks the spot"--Indiana Jones--The Last Crusade
Scars Ghost

I'm here to haunt you Simba

Postby lk nub » November 6th, 2008, 2:08 am

I think it is WAY easier than playing bar chords on a guitar... btw i go to hemet high to :)
lk nub

Argh

Postby NightmareMoon » November 6th, 2008, 2:16 am

[quote="Scars Ghost"]I am a drummer/percussionist. I used to play in a jazz band but wanted to see what choir is like so I switched and am now in the school's Men Choir. I see Nala's Mate evry' day in band. I am part of an orchestra that plays at a college, just had the first concert of the season. I am an ok pianist and I'm getting into the piano game music genre.[/quote]
Orchestra? Which!

Me and Scars Ghost play Dearly Beloved before band class starts every day. lol ^^
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

PreviousNext

Return to The Den