Your Top Disney Movies

Your Top Disney Movies

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » July 1st, 2012, 3:53 pm

^_^ As the title says, any number, top 10, top 5, top 3, top 100 :P I don't care, just would like to see what people like and the reasons for it.

Out of Disney animation I'd say my top 5 are ~

5. Fantasia - Beautiful animation, beautiful music, beautiful film :') Fell in love with it when I first saw it a month ago (kill me now for not seeing it sooner).

4. Tarzan - See my most recent post on this page ^.^ PHIL COLLINS FOREVER<3

3. Bambi - Love this film so, so much. I mean, it has one of the most remembered (and sad) scenes ever, Bambi's mother dying. Also, characters are cute, love how the villain is mankind even thought you actually don't see them, but yeah ^-^

2. Beauty and the Beast/The Little Mermaid - Okay, couldn't choose between the two. Beauty and the Beast is Disney's flawless film, the music, the characters, the animation, it just all fits together perfectly. The Little Mermaid is just amazing, I love the songs to pieces (especially Part of Your World), Ariel is joint first with Belle when it comes to Princesses and Eric is probably one of the most developed Disney Princes, out of the first lot, he definitely had the most meaning (and dialogue xD) to him, and his design is just...nom. Awesome villain, she's makes me laugh but I'm scared of her. Love this film.

1. The Lion King <3 - The reason why I'm here. It has slight flaws, but I've always overlooked them because of the following reasons: The animation is stunning, the music is flawless, the characters are developed and enjoyable to watch, even Scar, who is one of the best Disney villains IMO even though at times I think in the Disney fandom he gets overlooked, the storyline (even though it's like Hamlet) is great. I've always liked lions anyway, and this film strengthened that love.

^ So yep. That's animation. When it comes to live action, I think Disney did an amazing job on the Narnia films. Who can't love the huge battle scene in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. But yeah, that's all I have to say for now ^-^

PS. Sorry if there is a topic like this, didn't think there was one where you can list them and put your reasons.
Last edited by UncoordinatedPisces on August 9th, 2012, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Re: Your Top Disney Movies

Postby Lauren » July 5th, 2012, 2:02 am

Here's my list. I love Disney so much. :)

1. The Lion King and The Lion King 2
~ These two are both together as my favorites. I don't care. Of course, my favorite movie of all time (and obsession) because of the wonderful characters we can all relate too and understand their qualities, breathtaking animation, unforgettable scenes, wonderful songs and scores, and I always have a blast when I watch the first and second movie. With TLK, I found the most important character to my life, which is Simba. I finally found the one that I really can relate to and I came to fall in love with him ever since and he'll always be the best to me. All the other characters have a special in my heart, but Simba is #1 for me. My love for lions grew bigger and bigger ever since I saw TLK for the first time and the stories are still amazing (even if they were inspired by Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet). Thank you, TLK. <3

2. Brother Bear
~ This is my second favorite because I absolutely love this story about a young man who learns about life from the perspective of an animal that they first despise but learn to accept no matter what. Beautiful animation, funny characters, wonderful songs, great moral, and also, I love how this movie does not have an actual villain but just misunderstanding. ^^

3. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
~ One of the darkest Disney movies I have ever seen and this really impressed me the first time I watched it. I have yet to still plan on reading the original story by Victor Hugo, but the Disney version is so wonderful. One of the best things about the movie is the villain, Frollo. He's is SO wickedly evil in ways that you have to analyze the story a few times in order to really understand. The characters are very likable such as Quasimodo, Esmerelda, Phoebus, and so on (with the exception of the gargoyles in my opinion). Such a sad, yet very mature film.

4. Bambi
~ I have all the simple reasons for why I love the movie, but I will say that it's another one of the saddest Disney movies I seen. The death of Bambi's mother is the second saddest death I've seen, having Mufasa's death the saddest to me. For a animated movie back in the 40s, it's really impressive and I love the story and all the characters we interact with.

5. The Fox and the Hound
~ For me, another one of the saddest Disney movies I've seen. This movie really gets me to tears because it always reminds me how important friendship is in life and sometimes, friendships go on different paths. I absolutely ADORE the friendship between Tod and Copper when they're little because it's just so cute, yet we know that it does spilt apart when they're adults. The story is wonderful and I love the moral that's taught to us. <3

6. Tarzan
~ I enjoy the story about how Tarzan ended up being adopted by Kala and he must learn to live his life like an ape although he finds out that he's actually a human. The other apes aren't too satisfied with him, but Kala is the only one who cares the most about him. I really love the mother-son relationship between Tarzan and Kala because it's just so touching and the movie's very fun to watch as well. Although our outsides are different from one another, we have the same qualities on our insides. ^^

7. Aladdin
~ Very exciting to watch with funny characters and a great villain. Their's action, great animation, the love subplot between Aladdin and Jasmine, and great songs.

8. Dinosaur
~ To be honest, I actually didn't see this movie when I was little but I remembered how my older brother used to love it when he was little. I saw it and I did end up liking it. Aladar is a great character because he never gives up, has a good personality, and is always helpful towards the ones in need. The CGI animation impressed me and I felt like I was "inside" the story with the characters. ^^

9. Beauty and the Beast
~ I love the characters (with the exception of Gaston because he's just mediocre :nehneh: ), the animation is beautiful and the story flows very well. Once you know Beast, he's not bad at all. You really understand why he's the way he is based on the story told at the beginning of the movie. Also, I love how Belle's relationship with Beast really developed well. ^^

10. Tangled
~ The CGI animation is beautiful, the characters are likable, the story is enjoyable and so is the movie. There are funny moments that get you to laugh and Mothel Gothel is another good villain to enjoy. ^^
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby cleargreenwater » July 5th, 2012, 3:06 am

1. Lion King, of course! The opening of the movie still makes my breath catch and occassionally tear up.

2. The Rescuers Down Under--Loved, loved-loved this movie. Love the anti-poaching, anti-wildlife trafficing environmental message, and the sequence of the boy riding the eagle is the singularly most magical Disney moment there is for me. That's my carpet ride right there, my take-off to Neverland, that quintesential Disney feeling.

3. Aladdin--ranks above a whole batch of other really great Disney films like Fox & the Hound, 101 Dalmatians, Bambi, Little Mermaid, etc, solely because I sang a solo to "Whole New World" in Middle School choir. I know, such stringent criteria :P
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Tabby » July 5th, 2012, 3:25 am

1. The Lion King: I saw it more than a year ago for first time, I firstly thought it was really good but didn't like the music, then... wow, it become in my favourite animates movie with a second watch, it is just icnredible and Simba's just the most cute character ever, xD. The plot, the characters the animation, the soundtrack, everything is just epic.

2. The Fox and The Hound: It was one of my favourite movies during my childhood and still I love it, it's higly depressing.

3. Oliver & Co.: It must be one of the VHS tapes i would watch the most xD, I really used to love this movie and still do, Oliver it's so cute, lol, also it's plain funny and some of the songs are good I guess x)

4. Brother Bear: It's another movie i watched less than 2 years ago, actually it was my high obsession which got displaced by TLK xD, I really like 2 songs of it, and the whole animation while Kenai it's a bear it's higly great, Koda is so cute aswell and his relation with Kenai was both funny and cute.

5. UP: 10 best minutes of a movie ever. you don't have idea of how much the kid reminded me of my little brother and how much funny the movie was for me xD, some say the movie is weird, the movie it's so fantasious, but meh, I LOVED the movie and the characters a lot =)

6. Jungle Book: Kops said it, it is not the same that used to be, but it is still one of my favourite movies, i remember I went to the cinema to watch the second part of this movie and i dind't like the idea since i was a fgt child that didn't like child movies xD, but now it's different, mostly like it because of the characters since the plot itself is not breathtaking, i guess, LOL, but the characters are pretty good, I love the charisma and evilness of Shere Khan >83

7. Finding Nemo: This movie was funny and really well animated, the story was good aswell, and the character of doris was really lulzy

8. Bolt: CUTE DOG, MUST HUG, lol, well it was original for a disney movie, kinda different considering disney movies are always about parentless characters with deeply black pasts, LOL, no but srsly, the animation was great too.

9. Mulan: It was a great story, all disney princess are huge attentionw-----, this girl actually fought for everything and got her prince herself, hahaha, the story is higly funny.

10. Tangled: FRYING PANS, LOL

LOL WHY DID YOU LIKE THE MOVIE?
-THE CHARACTERS WAS SO KYOOT
Last edited by Tabby on July 5th, 2012, 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Postby Misiziri » July 5th, 2012, 3:32 am

1. Bambi
2. Robin Hood
3. Toy Story 3
4. Finding Nemo
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby angelica fernandes » August 1st, 2012, 7:03 am

My top Disney movies are:

-101 Dalmatians
-102 Dalmatians
-The Princess Diaries
-The Haunted Mansion
-Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
-Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement
-Spooky Buddies
-Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
-Tangled
-Santa Buddies
-Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie
-Princess Protection Program
angelica fernandes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Shadowfax » August 7th, 2012, 6:20 pm

1) The Lion King
2) Beauty and the Beast
3) Lilo and Stitch
4) The Aristocats
5) Basil the great mouse detective
6) Jungle Book
7) Treasure Planet
8) Finding Nemo
9) A bugs life
10) Tarzan
Shadowfax
Never give up;

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby SophieCub » August 7th, 2012, 6:33 pm

1. The Lion King 1/2
2. Brave <3
3. Bambi 2
4. Brother Bear 2
5. Tangled
6. The Little Mermaid
7. Mulan
8. Peter Pan
9. Bolt
10. Oliver and Co.
Last edited by SophieCub on August 7th, 2012, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby AdAstrα » August 7th, 2012, 6:37 pm

If Disney/Pixar counts

1. The Lion King
2. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
3. Pocahontas
4. Brave
5. Tangled
6. Tarzan
7. Beauty and the Beast
8. Tarzan
9. Mulan
10. Finding Nemo
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Carl » August 7th, 2012, 6:40 pm

My top 13 Disney movies are, in no particular order:

-Mulan
-Pocahontas
-The Lion King
-Simba's Pride
-Toy Story (even if my baby cousin makes me watch it too much)
-Toy Story 3
-Treasure Planet
-Lilo & Stitch
-Hercules
-Aladdin
-Oliver and Company
-Jungle Book
-The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Next

Return to The Den