Tumblr: Yay or Nay?

Re: Tumblr: Yay or Nay?

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » January 6th, 2013, 6:29 pm

[quote="DatLioness"]I don't care. I'm not really into Tumblr. [/quote]

Um, then why even comment? :lol:
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » January 6th, 2013, 6:42 pm

[quote="Sadiki"]

But on that note, there's this one huge problem with Tumblr that never seemed to happen on sites like LiveJournal, and that is the bloodthirsty battle between misinformed, easily offended "social justice warriors" and those who oppose them entirely. There's often not enough representation of the middle ground. I wrote a sad deviantART journal (warning: some language) about the topic. Basically, it seems like every Tumblr user thinks they're superior to everyone else, everyone is attacking those with different opinions, and then certain groups get a bad rap because the loudest members of that group are the ones who represent it the worst.

Overall, I love Tumblr as a place to keep images and words that inspire me artistically on file. I love the good Tumblr activism, and the prominence of fandom. But Tumblr's community has some huge downsides, and I hope the community can work past those.[/quote]

Oh my Lord, what a brilliant post! I have seen this and have experienced this type of social justice BS not just on tumblr but in other places. It gets insane. Like, there is no room for thoughtful discussion. Personally, I like topics that border on being possibly un-pc because if we are going to take about sensitive subjects, then we need to talk about them warts and all. I have a lot more to say but I have errands to run. Once again, thoughtful quality post!

I have a theory about these social justice bloggers. Also I read your deviantart post. "Check your privilege". What does that even mean?! :lol:
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Elebeth » February 4th, 2013, 9:37 pm

I have tumblr.
It has its ups and downs.
For example: some post really keep sticking and you see what people feel in the posts.
Downside: there are some pretty hard judgers that give you advice and critisism you don't need.
Freedom of speech ya know :P
The past can hurt but the way I see it is, you can either run from it or learn from it.
Elebeth
awe

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

some

Pride Points: 2

Postby Wilfre » March 5th, 2014, 12:25 am

I have one but I don't really like tumblr tbh. Too much unnecessary rudeness.
thanks for the sig, Julie Skywalker!

~*Collector of TLK Merchandise for over 15 years*~

| flavors | lastfm | youtube | deviantart | collectors quest | pandora | tumblr | google+ | furaffinity | weasyl | nabyn |
Wilfre
#Serious TLK collector#

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

icon by Book-of-Life on deviantART!

Nickname(s): Nanuq (my real name)
Pride Points: 0

Postby Wilfre » March 5th, 2014, 12:29 am

[quote="Sadiki"]Basically, it seems like every Tumblr user thinks they're superior to everyone else, everyone is attacking those with different opinions, and then certain groups get a bad rap because the loudest members of that group are the ones who represent it the worst. [/quote]

omg yes. another thing that really bothers me is that people act like they're "hate free" yet they insult people constantly. dear lord.
thanks for the sig, Julie Skywalker!

~*Collector of TLK Merchandise for over 15 years*~

| flavors | lastfm | youtube | deviantart | collectors quest | pandora | tumblr | google+ | furaffinity | weasyl | nabyn |
Wilfre
#Serious TLK collector#

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

icon by Book-of-Life on deviantART!

Nickname(s): Nanuq (my real name)
Pride Points: 0

Previous

Return to The Den