Use the force, Mickey!

Use the force, Mickey!

Postby FlipMode » October 30th, 2012, 11:38 pm

Yeah, so Disney bought Lucasfilm from Mr.Lucas.
What does this mean? Disney now have the Star Wars franchise (and yeah they have already announced a new trilogy of episodes VII, VIII, and IX, first of which is planned for 2015).
Yet another huge deal for Disney, then. And continues to solidify the fear that we may never have films like TLK again at this rate...

Opinions? Think they will be able to continue the legacy or are they going to mess up?

FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Use the force, Mickey!

Postby Regulus » October 30th, 2012, 11:48 pm

You know, this could be a good thing. George Lucas has practically ruined his franchise.

Though I really don't care anymore as long as I get my next generation Battlefront game, someday. The Old Republic can kiss my shiny metal butt.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby FlipMode » October 30th, 2012, 11:53 pm

Yeah he made a few small editions to it, totally ruined it lol...
Agreed on Battlefront though! OMG Battlefront 2 was the best =D

Edit it could also be like they did with Marvel. They bought the studio but let it continue to do its own thing and just reap some of the profits, if they do that with Lucasfilms, it could give them the freedom to make a really good sequel.
Last edited by FlipMode on October 30th, 2012, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Regulus » October 30th, 2012, 11:55 pm

Han shot first! :P
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » November 21st, 2012, 4:31 am

Wow, how did I not notice this thread?

Anyway, when I heard the news, I was shocked! For years, Lucas said the Star Wars saga was about Anakin and Luke Skywalker:

[quote="George Lucas"]The movies were the story of Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker, and when Luke saves the galaxy and redeems his father, that's where that story ends.[/quote]

Because I agreed with Lucas's comment, I felt there was no need for a sequel trilogy. However, I have warmed up to the idea since Disney has had great success with Marvel Studios due to the success of The Avengers and Iron Man 3 is shaping up to be pretty good. Who knows, they could be better than the prequel trilogy! After all, they hired a decent screenwriter, Michael Ardnt, who can balance dark, dramatic sequences with light-heartened fluff as seen in Toy Story 3, which is what the new Star Wars movies needs to appeal to all ages.

CONFIRMED: Carrie Fisher says she'll be a part of the Star Wars sequel trilogy
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Regulus » November 21st, 2012, 4:49 am

^ Uuuugh... you know nothing about the EU, I'm guessing? :P

The story does not end with Vader's death. It continues for another 150 years or so, after RotJ.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby DGFone » November 21st, 2012, 4:59 am

Leave the EU where it is. I mean, really, aren't six movies enough? Can't Disney create a new IP and use that? Why another three movies?

Plus, just because Star Wars 7 (as if the name alone won't make people cringe) might be good, doesn't mean that the other two will. At best, I think we can look forward to another prequel trilogy.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Dark Huntress » November 21st, 2012, 5:00 am

I think they're going to mess it up because, no offense to StarWars Fans (Imma a big one myself [Love Aayla Secura]), but the only StarWars films IM interested in seeing is Clone Wars and that's about it...
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Tora » November 21st, 2012, 5:04 am

[quote="werewolfgrrly"]I think they're going to mess it up because, no offense to StarWars Fans (Imma a big one myself [Love Aayla Secura]), but the only StarWars films IM interested in seeing is Clone Wars and that's about it...[/quote]
:nukawut: I think you're confused.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Dark Huntress » November 21st, 2012, 5:06 am

Nope. I am not confused. What on earth would I be confuse about?!
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Next

Return to The Den