Balto

Re: Balto

Postby Littlefoot » April 27th, 2018, 2:35 pm

I saw it for the first time a few months ago (never saw it as a kid), and I loved it! I haven't seen any of the sequels yet, but I will watch them soon, and maybe I'll like them, maybe I won't.
"I paid, but it's not slippery road surface. Finally, I was a taxi!" :sinister:
Balto forum: http://baltofanclub.proboards.com/
Land Before Time forum: http://www.gangoffive.net/
Littlefoot
Let your heart guide you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It whispers, so listen closely

Location: Body is in Colorado Springs, CO. Soul is in Santa Fe, NM and Estes Park, CO
Nickname(s): LF, Shane
Pride Points: 7

Postby PridelandsPhantom » May 28th, 2018, 3:38 am

I love Balto and have seen all three movies. The third is my least favorite. I suppose I'm one of the few people who really liked Wolf Quest a lot. Balto was never my favorite character. It we're going with the original movie I love Jenna, but if you add Wolf Quest I my favorite is Aleu. I would have liked to see more of the white wolf, Balto's mother.
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby SimbasGuard » June 4th, 2018, 8:38 am

I absolutely love Balto the sequels are good also. I personal like the 3rd better than the 2nt, but that does not mean I have anything against the 2nt. Balto is a movie and franchise that I like almost as well as The Lion King. There are not many of those.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Littlefoot » July 10th, 2018, 8:24 am

I saw Wolf Quest a few weeks ago and I actually really loved it! I can't wait to see Balto 3!!

[quote]Balto is a movie and franchise that I like almost as well as The Lion King. There are not many of those.[/quote]Same here. Balto is up there for me with Lion King and Land Before Time, which is saying something, given that I've loved TLK and LBT for pretty much my whole life, whereas I just saw Balto for the first time right after I started college last fall.
Littlefoot
Let your heart guide you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: Body is in Colorado Springs, CO. Soul is in Santa Fe, NM and Estes Park, CO

Postby PrincessKiara » July 12th, 2018, 9:56 pm

I have seen all three movies. The third one I have only watched once, and it was pretty forgettable.. The first and second ones I have watched several times, and my favourite is honestly Wolf Quest. The original Balto is good, of course, but I prefer the sequel because it focuses more on the animal characters and the father-daughter relationship between Aleu and Balto, which reminds me a lot of Kiara and Simba. :P One thing that I love about Aleu`s story is that there is no romance plot. That is very refreshing for a female protagonist.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SimbasGuard » July 14th, 2018, 8:42 am

[quote="Littlefoot"]I saw Wolf Quest a few weeks ago and I actually really loved it! I can't wait to see Balto 3!![/quote]

I personally liked Balto 3 better than Balto 2, Even though I love both of them.

[quote="PrincessKiara"]it focuses more on the father-daughter relationship between Aleu and Balto, which reminds me a lot of Kiara and Simba. :P [/quote]

I couldn't help, but notice that as well. For me that is not a bad thing. Aleu is also voiced by Lacey Chabert, who voices Young Vitani.

[quote="PrincessKiara"]One thing that I love about Aleu`s story is that there is no romance plot. That is very refreshing for a female protagonist.[/quote]

I never gave that to much thought.

Spoiler: show
Other than the fact that as The Wolf Queen she would have to find a mate. The problem with that is from what I can see there is no Wolf worthy of her in her pack.

The no romance angle is a quite a departure from the norm when you think about it.

SimbasGuard

Postby Littlefoot » August 1st, 2018, 3:43 am

Well, I just started a Balto forum, if anyone wants to join: http://baltofanclub.proboards.com/
Littlefoot
Let your heart guide you

Postby Kiana » August 3rd, 2018, 12:03 am

Balto was one of my first obsessions, right along with The Lion King and Spirit. It really got me into drawing, which got me into writing. The first will always be my favorite, and if I had to choose between Wolf Quest and Wings of Change, I would probably go for the 3rd. I love them all though. The animation was what really got me, and the first forum I ever joined was Balto Source, funnily enough. I remember when Wolf Quest was literally nowhere, and we had to special order it. Then it decided to show up at Walmart and I was ticked :lol:

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » August 6th, 2018, 9:02 am

It makes me happy anytime I see the movies being sold in Walmart or anywhere else, but when all 3 are in a pack for (I think) $5.00 does that mean that Universal does not think too highly of The "Balto" Franchise :?

SimbasGuard

Postby DGFone » November 8th, 2018, 7:10 am

A bit bumpy for an old topic, but I somehow managed to miss this and only found it today.

Considering the budget it was made with, or rather a lack thereof, the movie is in many ways much better than it really has a right to be. Not that that's a bad thing.

What was really funny is that because I liked the soundtrack by quite a bit, I went ahead and bought it from the Amazon music store. I then played it in my car while driving along a nice road that I don't go on too often -and now I strongly associate the soundtrack with that road. Can't really say that's a bad thing.

As for the movie itself? Well, yes, I said it above: it's far better than it has a right to be. Plus, it most likely got a few people interested in the real history of Alaska at that timepoint, even if the movie "based on a true story" has talking dogs in it. And is animated.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to The Den