Brother Bear

Re: Brother Bear

Postby WindAnnWise » February 17th, 2012, 10:20 pm

This is one of my faves! The sequel was one of the few I actually liked! I loved Koda, he was so sweet, he had that "So annoying, it's cute" vibe.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby Lauren » February 18th, 2012, 2:52 am

Brother Bear! :) Honestly, this is my second favorite Disney movie because this movie touches my heart with the music, plot, the moments, and characters (but never as much as TLK does, of course). ^^ I don't really enjoy the second one as much as I used to. I guess it's not my cup of tea. =/
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Laladidoa » April 30th, 2012, 4:16 am

I just downloaded and watched both movies today since I had a lot of spare time, and I must say, they are definitely in my top 5 favorite movies now. :)
I think it was very heartwarming to watch, rather than exciting like most movies. I also love the soundtrack from both of them! The sequel is really well done in my opinion, one of the few where the original doesn't completely over shine it. I think Brother Bear 2 is a better sequel than SP to be honest.
Laladidoa

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 6

Postby Noah » April 30th, 2012, 2:55 pm

I just watched this with someone special. It was much better than I remembered. I had forgotten the main brother dies at the beginning and I was like O.O Also, the music was good. All the songs were excellent. The characters and animation made me just wanna go dawwww. On par with TLK. =)
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby TheLionPrince » May 1st, 2012, 10:16 pm

I liked the movie when I was a kid, and I still like it now. My only problem with the movie is that its storyline is too similiar to other animated films. For example, the concept of a young animal losing its parent has been used too many times in films like Bambi (which originated it), The Fox and the Hound, and of course, The Lion King. Also, the storyline of the protaganist being turned into an animal, and being accompanied on a journey in order to be changed back into a human was the same as in The Emperor's New Groove.

But, the movie makes up for its generic plot with beautiful animation (and beautiful backgrounds), good songs from Phil Collins and Mark Mancina, and heartwarming overtones of love and brotherhood.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Kovu131 » June 8th, 2012, 8:06 pm

I love the movie, Its touching, It opens your mind on things and it reminds you of love and how to be a brother. very Touching.I love it, But the part where dead brother appeared, In stead of that the spirits of the north lights should had then see him. Then to always say his brother name. They should make more clues and mystery in the movie. Just a thought that i notice.
Image By Flora Lioness
Kovu131

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

i want to join your pride

Nickname(s): Koda
Pride Points: 1

Postby Kitty » July 30th, 2012, 1:45 pm

It's a pretty decent film : ) Although, it didn't have enough wow factor for me to go out and buy the sequel. I also found it just didn't have the same charm as the older Disney movies had, it's definitely lacking something (in my opinion). Saying that, I never really have been a fan of bears. I'd give it a 6/10, worth watching, is fairly decent however, there's definitely something lacking, for me ^^

Banner by SophieCub :3
Kitty

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 4

Postby Nitrol » January 4th, 2016, 1:07 am

Brother Bear is my second favourite of Disney! One of the very fev that makes me cry.

It's just sad that BB is so underrated, almost... unnoticed. Not many remember this movie nowadays. :(
I think this is because of the time when it was released. The early 00's were a time of 3D boom and finding Nemo got all the attention.
Same thing was with the Atlantis (same year as Monsters Inc. and Shrek) and Treasure Planet (same year as Ice Age). Luckily at least Lilo & Stich were noticed and loved by the audience. :)
Nitrol

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nit, Mosi
Pride Points: 9

Postby Elton John » January 4th, 2016, 1:15 am

I saw brother bear for the first time in 2014 and it was surprisingly good.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Captain Cupcake » January 4th, 2016, 1:54 am

As much as I loathe to parrot the thoughts of Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic/That Guy With The Glasses) on this, I find that the middle of the film stumbles in quality, whereas the beginning and end are the stronger parts.

The whole basic plot had so much potential. and they squandered it by wasting a good chunk of the movie on this whole brotherly bonding concept with the little bear cub. It feels like there could have been a more grandiose drama revolving around Kenai's unusual problem, but they scrapped it in favor of following family-friendly conventions or something. It could have still been strong had their attempt to produce a more conventional film was actually executed well, but all the weak humor, the annoying cub, and the predictable plot developments surrounding him just wasn't much to write home about.

All in all, everything within the middle of the feature ultimately comes off as annoying padding that's taking away the spotlight of a better and more dramatic storyline. One that could have even rivaled the emotional highs of The Lion King or The Hunchback of Notre Dame had it got the chance to be the primary focus.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

PreviousNext

Return to The Den