The Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Postby Elton John » April 16th, 2017, 11:42 am

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 is arriving soon.

Rumor has it that next season of agents of shield will be the last.

Spider-man homecoming is next, then thor ragnarok (I really enjoyed the first trailer for this one). 2018 has Black Panther solo film then there's the next avengers film.

The punisher netflix series and the defenders are coming.

The most exciting new news is that in the past year there have been plenty of big marvel videogame announcements!
Not mcu but eh.
-spiderman by insomniac. Insomniac is a very good developer and a great fit for spidey.
-Telltales Guardians of the Galaxy is coming soon!
-Marvel vs capcom 4!!!!!!!!!!!
-The Avengers by the Deus Ex developers.

A solid list by solid developers. Awwwww yeah!
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » April 18th, 2017, 6:42 am

Saw the Thor: Ragnarok trailer last week. I'm not too familiar with Thor since I only watch Avengers films and he's not usually prominent in those (plus I think he's probably the blandest of them all, actually) but the action looks like it could be good. Not sure why the tone seems so light-hearted though.

I'm really just looking forward to Black Panther's film; very anxious and excited to see how they portray Wakanda and its relationship to the outside world.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby TheLionPrince » May 10th, 2017, 7:10 pm

I should have posted some of this a year ago, but better late than never.

I saw the Thor: Ragnarok trailer during the Easter break, and I think it has the potential to be the best Thor movie ever. It will be interesting to see Thor without his Mjonir, and the return of Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk. The Enchantress looks like a cool villainess and there will be more Loki to go along with it.

While the latest trailer of Spider-Man: Homecoming revealed a little too much, I will still see it though. Ever since his character was dropped from Spider-Man 3, I always wanted to see the Vulture on the big screen.

I fell behind on watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. since season 3. Hopefully, I'll catch up in the near future since I really enjoyed watching the first two seasons.

I really loved Captain America: Civil War. Following the destruction of New York City, Washington, D.C., and Sovokia, the United Nations pass the Sovokia Accords to regulate superhero activity. Learning from HYDRA's infiltration of S.H.I.E.L.D., Steve Rogers/Captain America knows better than to trust bureaucrats to do what's right. It was interesting to see which superhero took which side and there being some emotional weight behind their decision. Before watching the film, I was on "Team Captain America". Despite the heavily death toll and mass destruction, the Avengers saved more lives had they not been on the grounds combatting enemy forces.

In my opinion, Robert Downey, Jr. gave his best performance as Tony Stark/Iron Man since Iron Man. It was amazing to see him in an antagonist role. Also amazing was how his reflection on his actions as an Avenger led into the introduction of Peter Parker/Spider-Man. However, it was hypocritical for him to recruit Spider-Man into the airport fight. That said, it was nice for once to have an actual teenager portray Spider-Man and they really captured Spider-Man's cocky, pun-wielding personality. I'm absolutely fine with the fact that Aunt May is younger than her representations in the previous film series and comics. Furthermore, the filmmakers did justice with bringing T'Challa/Black Panther into the fold along with a character arc to follow. Chadwick Boseman did a fine job with his performance with creating a believable African accent. I cannot wait to see his solo film.

I am in agreement with Helmut Zemo being a bland villain. Nevertheless, it was refreshing to see a human villain take on the Avengers versus the alien warlords and robotic supervillains we have had in the recent years, and actually succeed with dividing them (for a while). Finally, the action sequences were well-staged, choreographed, and violently exciting. Honestly, it was one of the best theatrical experiences ever that washed away the aftertaste of Avengers: Age of Ultron the year before. It was a great start to the "Phase 3" era of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I really enjoyed Doctor Strange. It wasn't quite what I expected to be, but it's proof that the Marvel storytelling formula is still strong and hasn't grown tiresome just yet. While his American accent was a little wobbly, Benedict Cumberbatch did justice with portraying Doctor Strange. Rachel McAdams didn't have much to do with her character. Tilda Swinton and Chiwetel Ejiofor made for good supporting characters. Kaecilius (portrayed by Mads Mikkelsen) was sadly another bland villain.

This film was DC's Green Lantern done right. Think about it, it has the same arrogant protagonist who has the same career profession as his girlfriend. Both protagonists suffer an accident, travel elsewhere, and end up being trained as part of a team to protect the Earth. An even better improvement was the handling of the post-credits scene. The post-credits scene of Green Lantern had Sinestro wearing a yellow ring and turning evil. It was supposed to hint at a sequel, but to first-time viewers who were not familiar with the Green Lantern comics at the time it was released, it came from nowhere and there wasn't any lead-up to Sinestro turning evil. Here, in Doctor Strange, it was understandable to know why Mordo feels disillusioned with everything he thought he knew about the mystical arts.

Other than that, the psychedelic special effects was amazing to watch. I did like Michael Giacchino's score which had traits of Pink Floyd in there. If there was a few discrepancies, it was that some of the humor was weak.

I'll watch Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 this weekend. It should be fun.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Panpardus » June 24th, 2017, 1:03 am

Hella late with this, but the Black Panther teaser trailer came out about two weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWvtMOGAhw Everything looks really nice, and the implied storyline looks like it'll deliver plenty of action and political themes without being just a 'Hotepian' fantasy or a stereotype. I could go a lot more in-depth with my various thoughts on it, but I don't feel too compelled to do it right now. (Maybe I'll come back and update this later with said thoughts.)

I've read there's some stuff going on pertaining to Disney/Marvel and Sony's collaborative efforts on Spider-Man and his associated characters, including an R-rated Venom movie that may or may not be a part of the MCU. Granted, some people are saying that Sony is just saying off-the-cuff things regarding MCU inclusion - particularly in joint interviews with Kevin Feige, who seems very irritated by the whole thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvR8oFYSlLQ - so there's some speculation that this isn't actually going to be the case.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » June 24th, 2017, 1:14 am

I have heard that avengers: infinity war will have a 30 character scene.

I REALLY want it to end with Captain America going AVENGERS ASSEMBLE, with him wielding Mjolnir and wailing the stuffing out of Thanos. Of course, it would have the biggest free for all action scene in the MCU. With all the avengers and the gotg against Thanos.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panpardus » October 16th, 2017, 9:13 pm

Well, the official "full" Black Panther trailer came out today and it looks amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBMJkFwl1Jw

After the more subdued and mysterious teaser, this one really just dives all-in to Wakanda while still managing to keep a lot of actual plot details under wraps, so I'm perfectly fine with them not releasing anything more until the actual movie comes out. It was great to watch for me because I just finished a week of binging all of the MCU films in release order in order to catch up with the overall story, and as soon as I finished the last film I had to see (the second Guardians film, since I saw Spider-Man: Homecoming in theaters so it's still pretty fresh in my mind) I clicked off the tab, went to YouTube, and the first thing staring me in the face was the thumbnail for the new trailer, so that was a great way to cap off my binge.
Panpardus

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 11th, 2018, 11:14 pm

EVERYONE PLEASE SIGN THIS! TO BRING LOKI BACK!
https://www.change.org/p/marvel-studios ... =ex99%3Av2
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Panpardus » May 16th, 2018, 5:42 am

They've already filmed Avengers 4 (they shot both Infinity War and Avengers 4 at the same time over the course of 2017) and have plans laid down for at least the next few films of Phase 4, so the petition isn't going to do anything to change their plans. Besides, Loki's died twice now and he's run his course. Let him stay where he is.

(Frankly, I also just don't like him. He's a good character; I get that he has some personal issues regarding his adopted status and Odin wasn't a great dude himself, but he came off as a slimy brat (at best) to me throughout his film appearances all the way through the end of Thor: Ragnarok, so good riddance, I shed no tears. (I don't get the fan[boy/girl]ing going on in the petition page; let's not forget he tried to commit genocides on multiple planets and rule as a tyrant, and never reformed himself at any point aside from being less of a jerk to Thor.))
Panpardus

Postby SimbasGuard » June 5th, 2018, 7:57 am

I don't think the petition is necessary. As I doubt Loki will be gone for good.

Ant-Man And The Wasp looks like it will be very good, and I am eager to see if it takes place during or after Avengers: Infinity War.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » June 5th, 2018, 1:01 pm

it takes place inbetween captain america civil war and avengers infinity war
Elton John
I’m with you

PreviousNext

Return to The Den