Zootopia

Re: Zootopia

Postby zerodix » April 14th, 2016, 7:15 pm

i went to see it. thought it would be nice. it was really ashtonishing. i was very ashtonized and loved every thing off it. i cannot spoil but this is a must see. the best of its genre in years! loved mister stu hopps, judies father the most with his "motivational speeches" but nick wilde grew on me soon. he reminds me of my best friend. it was very great of a watching and i will buy some merchandise in the form of:
-plushie(s)
-book(s)
- many figurines
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Squeely » April 17th, 2016, 4:25 pm

This movie is amazing this movie is amazing this movie is amazing.

Seriously, turned out phenomenally better than I thought it would. Go see it.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Elton John » April 17th, 2016, 4:31 pm

I strongly desire the movie on blu ray.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby zerodix » April 17th, 2016, 6:57 pm

i hope it appears on netflix soon! got myself a netflix since 2 days *waves social life goodbye*
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasMate » April 17th, 2016, 11:06 pm

Never seen it. Heard some furries threw sh*t fits because "their species wasn't in it". Thought that was a bit ridiculous. Perhaps if it shows up on Netflix in the future I will watch it.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby KopsTheTerminator » May 6th, 2016, 6:02 pm

-No yet another forced romantic sub-plot thank the lords.

-Better message than the misguided idea of the world being rainbows and sunshine and thinking asbolutely everyone can be everything they want that's been going on.

-Also message that ignorance can come from anyone and it's not reason to villainize them (hear hear SJWs).

-Sunglasses.

It's already in my top 5 favourite Disney films.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PrincessKiara » May 14th, 2016, 8:49 pm

I really enjoyed this film, and I`m honestly so happy I`m an adult (hear me out.. lol) because if I had seen this as a kid, most of it would have gone way over my head, but I still would have loved it for the animals. Watching it as a mature adult, I can truly appreciate the symbolism, the complexity of the characters and the plot and simply "get" the movie fully. Love it, highly recommend watching it.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Sushi » August 25th, 2016, 8:17 pm

Late reply but only just found this thread.

Actually went to the Cinema to watch this. Me and seven other furs that where at a furry event that weekend. It was a bit of a cringe walking out at the end to find we where the only ones in there that where above the age of eight, or a parent with a kid. Not that that matters.
I think some people try and make too much of the film. I have heard complaints about plot being too simple and things but I think people just need to take it easy and as it is a bit more.
Great humour, fun film, half hidden messages and above all entertaining.
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Postby PridelandsPhantom » September 5th, 2016, 10:04 pm

I finally saw the movie after wanting to see if for a while. My first looks have been mainly trailer sneak peeks and fanart. I finally rented it through my DirecTV. I am a furry to and have to say I loved it and the message underneath it. It was beautifully done, funny, and also touching in so many ways. Has anyone seen the deleted scene (it's on cracked) how predators control their instincts towards prey? Wow, it's heavy stuff but a wonderful movie. On an off note being a furry, I hate how stereotyped we are as weird, deranged, etc. We're not. Just like MLP fandom, Star Trek, etc we're a fandom and a generous and mostly kind one at that. I related to poor Nick being stereotyped as a "sly, slick" fox with no real feelings except for himself. As a teacher, you do this to kids and it become self-fulfilling. Anyway, I do see the the whole Judy/Nick pairing and I like it a lot. Thought it was a wonderful, clever film. Go Disney!
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Tame Collars Plot in Zootopia

Postby PridelandsPhantom » September 7th, 2016, 2:00 am

It should be fairly obvious that I adore Zootopia even though I have only seen it once (thus far tonight will be my second viewing) ;) Being the movie nerd I am, I found the deleted scenes and I actually liked the tame collar plot in Zootopia far better than "evolving" beyond eating prey. An example of the storyboard for the collar sequence for the Taming Party is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkJGLCleFmI.

I think it would have made the movie darker and more interesting. What would predators eat otherwise? Tofu? :lol: Many animals cannot process without meat and although some are omnivores (foxes and wolves) they still need meat to survive. It could also explain why predators are more stand-offish towards prey species being made to wear collars that literally shock them each time they get too strong of physical emotions. I don't buy the whole harking back to genocide themes. In order to have a world where prey and predators co-exist there would have to be some serious physical and mental reassignment. Predators might be able to evolve beyond their needs for meat in time, but not right away. In order for these results to occur the severe aversion therapy would need to occur before biology began to evolve. I get it's just a movie and a universe won't answer everything, but I find it makes it more interesting for the predators to have the collars and it explains a lot of bitterness and anger many of them carry.

It would have never made it into the movie being dark as it is just like I would have preferred elements of TLK to remain in such as Scar being consumed in flames at the final battle between him and Simba, Scar choosing Nala as queen, and even Zira's suicide, but most of the more fascinating tidbits are cut from these movies for fears of being dark. I'm still shocked The Hunchback of Notre Dame made it off the board room floor because it's darker than any of these ideas IMO. :ni2:
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

PreviousNext

Return to The Den