POTUS

Re: POTUS

Postby KopsTheTerminator » November 13th, 2016, 10:08 pm

@what Sadiki said about the results sparking hate crimes within hateful groups... that's a legitimate issue, just like Brexit caused a spark in anti-immigrant sentiment in Britain as well.

I just have to say this thread is very interesting and gave me a 180 turn in how I feel about the outcome of this election. I was definitely wrong, just because I disagree with Trump on (most but not all) things doesn't mean it's okay to let someone involved with so much corruption win, so I understand the protest vote sentiment now a lot, and it's good to give a message that you won't let corruption win as any bad policies Trump enacts can change in the future. I strongly disagree with the actual hateful people who voted for him, but for everyone else, thank you for not letting such awful corruption pass in the name of political correctness and I'm sorry you were denied of Bernie as the legitimate candidate. And sorry if I sounded hateful as well.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Regulus » November 13th, 2016, 10:16 pm

[quote="Kops"]I just have to say this thread is very interesting and gave me a 180 turn in how I feel about the outcome of this election. I was definitely wrong, just because I disagree with Trump on (most but not all) things doesn't mean it's okay to let someone involved with so much corruption win, so I understand the protest vote sentiment now a lot, and it's good to give a message that you won't let corruption win as any bad policies Trump enacts can change in the future. I strongly disagree with the actual hateful people who voted for him, but for everyone else, thank you for not letting such awful corruption pass in the name of political correctness and I'm sorry you were denied of Bernie as the legitimate candidate. And sorry if I sounded hateful as well.[/quote]

It's even more complex than that. Here's the thing, though:

Trump is pretty corrupt too.

He talks about holding back lobbyists, but he's a character who brags of his influence over congress. He talks about getting jobs back from China and Mexico, but he outsourced his own jobs. He's putting all the same corporate-influenced establishment republicans in his cabinet that he campaigned so strongly against.

Trump's message was a populist one, but that doesn't mean he himself is (or will be, more accurately).
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby KopsTheTerminator » November 13th, 2016, 10:41 pm

[quote="Regulus"][quote="Kops"]I just have to say this thread is very interesting and gave me a 180 turn in how I feel about the outcome of this election. I was definitely wrong, just because I disagree with Trump on (most but not all) things doesn't mean it's okay to let someone involved with so much corruption win, so I understand the protest vote sentiment now a lot, and it's good to give a message that you won't let corruption win as any bad policies Trump enacts can change in the future. I strongly disagree with the actual hateful people who voted for him, but for everyone else, thank you for not letting such awful corruption pass in the name of political correctness and I'm sorry you were denied of Bernie as the legitimate candidate. And sorry if I sounded hateful as well.[/quote]

It's even more complex than that. Here's the thing, though:

Trump is pretty corrupt too.

He talks about holding back lobbyists, but he's a character who brags of his influence over congress. He talks about getting jobs back from China and Mexico, but he outsourced his own jobs. He's putting all the same corporate-influenced establishment republicans in his cabinet that he campaigned so strongly against.

Trump's message was a populist one, but that doesn't mean he himself is (or will be, more accurately).[/quote]

I'm aware, yes. Personally... I don't trust most big "successful" businessmen to be non-corrupt. But as far as I'm concerned right now... I think he was the better choice. I guess time will tell, but I hope he doesn't get some of the more crazy ideas of his passed before the next election. Hopefully if Bernie has his go at the next election too he won't have lost his supporters by then too, because I think he would have made an excellent president personally.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeely » November 13th, 2016, 11:02 pm

And trust me, I'm not surprised that Trump is corrupt too. Or that he outsourced his own jobs, and very well may not end up bringing them back.

Trump and Hillary are both equally corrupt, contemptible people. Why then, did I say some good things about Trump? Because I wanted to shed light on the many reasons why people voted for him, and I'm an optimist, so fingers crossed some good can come of all this. All I was seeing from the left was "Trump said horrible things!" and figured that's all many others were seeing as well. While the bad sides to Hillary and good sides to Trump were being glossed over. As a disabled female-bodied LGBT person, I had all the reason in the world to look into why it seemed like half of the people who voted didn't care about me. Lo and behold, I found some pretty legitimate reasons why people would vote Trump outside of "lolbigotry!"

I really, really hate to say that Trump of all people was the better choice between the two. I'd sooner have a dirty sweatsock as president. But doing a no-fly zone over Syria that would likely have sparked war between Syria and Russia vs the US, when they have more manpower and nukes (!) than we do, all because one of Hillary's corporate sponsors manufactures war planes? Quite frankly, *censored* that.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Regulus » November 13th, 2016, 11:22 pm

[quote="Kops"]I'm aware, yes. Personally... I don't trust most big "successful" businessmen to be non-corrupt. But as far as I'm concerned right now... I think he was the better choice. I guess time will tell, but I hope he doesn't get some of the more crazy ideas of his passed before the next election. Hopefully if Bernie has his go at the next election too he won't have lost his supporters by then too, because I think he would have made an excellent president personally.[/quote][quote="Squeely"]And trust me, I'm not surprised that Trump is corrupt too. Or that he outsourced his own jobs, and very well may not end up bringing them back.

Trump and Hillary are both equally corrupt, contemptible people. Why then, did I say some good things about Trump? Because I wanted to shed light on the many reasons why people voted for him, and I'm an optimist, so fingers crossed some good can come of all this. All I was seeing from the left was "Trump said horrible things!" and figured that's all many others were seeing as well. While the bad sides to Hillary and good sides to Trump were being glossed over. As a disabled female-bodied LGBT person, I had all the reason in the world to look into why it seemed like half of the people who voted didn't care about me. Lo and behold, I found some pretty legitimate reasons why people would vote Trump outside of "lolbigotry!"

I really, really hate to say that Trump of all people was the better choice between the two. I'd sooner have a dirty sweatsock as president. But doing a no-fly zone over Syria that would likely have sparked war between Syria and Russia vs the US, when they have more manpower and nukes (!) than we do, all because one of Hillary's corporate sponsors manufactures war planes? Quite frankly, *censored* that.[/quote]

Yep. This was honestly the first election I've not had a strong opinion on one way or the other. In 2008 and 2012, I was fully behind Obama. I've always supported the democratic candidates in any race, as the republicans are just so far to the right on most issues that I could never bring myself to vote for them.

Clinton, though? Ugh. I couldn't bring myself to back her. I was so disgusted by her win in the democratic primary this year that I was almost considering not voting at all.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby KopsTheTerminator » November 14th, 2016, 12:50 am

^ pretty much... it's not that I feel joyed Trump won, but considering the Democrat candidate, no thank you... :ehh2:

I feel like I understand a lot more about the right wing and their concerns right now though, so that's interesting to know, personally. It's good to understand opposite views.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Panda-chan » November 14th, 2016, 4:03 am

---RANT TIME---

I'm getting really tired of these protesters, honestly. I've had to stay away from my newsfeed for the past few days because of how whiny and unbearable it is. :sleepy: I, and a lot of Trump supporters, voted for him despite his abusive rhetoric, not because of it. What are people protesting anyway? Trump is not even president yet—he has done nothing. In fact, he has actually gone back on a lot of the more controversial promises he made while he was running, such as repealing Obamacare. Sure, once he is inaugurated, and he does something stupid, that's when people can start protesting. The second Trump bans Muslims or gays, that is when I will join them in the streets. But now we need to accept that he won the election fair and square. Whatever you think about his policies, his temperament, or his stupid hair, he won and he is our president now. I understand people's frustrations but to protest him simply for winning...? It's childish and it makes the left look like sore losers.

For people complaining about the fact that Trump -may- lose the popular vote, why are you complaining now? If you feel so strongly about how much the electoral college system sucks, you should have done something long before voting began. Even if it is flawed, this is the way we have historically chosen our presidents and this is the system that all the candidates agreed to play by when they declared that they were running. You do not get to retroactively decide the rules of a game after one side has already won.

For the people saying that Trump should be impeached—do you even know how impeachment works? US presidents can only be impeached while in office. Do you really think that the Republican-controlled House will eagerly vote to impeach him, and that the Republican-controlled Senate will decide that he's guilty? And even if that does happen, guess what, we have President Mike Pence, another Republican (and an even more conservative one at that).

And by the way, screw Hillary for complaining that Comey is the reason she lost the election. I can say that as a former Bernie Sanders supporter, my mind was made up long ago, back in July in fact. I hated both candidates back then but I was actually leaning toward Hillary before the proof of her rigging shenanigans leaked out. Once again, screw Hillary, she deserves to lose. :roll:

---RANT OVER---
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Squeely » November 14th, 2016, 5:07 am

If Trump gets impeached, we get to enjoy Mike "gay conversion therapy" Pence as our president. Granted, if Trump fouls up so bad that impeachment is the morally right thing to do, we may have no choice. But he has not yet done a single thing, so until he does something unconstitutional, we're better off letting him be.

If Trump gets assassinated (which some are calling for >.<) I think I'll vote Republican for the entire rest of my life out of spite.

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Postby Claws » November 14th, 2016, 9:23 pm

Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Squeely » November 14th, 2016, 9:45 pm

Most of the hate crimes you read about are fabricated. I've seen so many sensationalist "news" sites reporting clearly fake stuff, and hospitals coming out and saying "so-and-so was never here". So relax, it isn't anywhere near as bad as the media would have you believe.

Nonetheless, there still has been a spike in harassment. Not 100% of stories are fabricated. Good on Trump for finally stepping up to the plate and telling people to stop. Harassing people because the Annoying Orange is president is just stupid.

Squeely

Sassy cub

PreviousNext

Return to The Den