POTUS

Re: POTUS

Postby KopsTheTerminator » November 9th, 2016, 10:25 am

Might as well bump this before the thinking thread explodes.

Wtf just happened?
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FireAndSun » November 9th, 2016, 11:58 am

Insanity just happened. That's what.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby Marizzle » November 9th, 2016, 1:21 pm

All I can say? Congratulations, America. You may have ruined the lives of many people, but, apparently, their religion, ethnicity, sexuality, etc is what defines them. I just hope things won't be as bad as thought. :/

Edit: I'd appreciate it if my 2nd post was read to. It clears things up regarding my opinion in all this, I believe.
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Squeely » November 9th, 2016, 1:28 pm

[quote="Marizzle"]All I can say? Congratulations, America. You may have ruined the lives of many people, but, apparently, their religion, ethnicity, sexuality, etc is what defines them. I just hope things won't be as bad as thought. :/[/quote]
Same. I'm hoping Trump's more outlandish plans don't come to fruition. Who knows, maybe he'll end up succeeding with smaller-scale plans which might do some good. As awful as he is, perhaps his business experience will be of some help in our broken economy?

I really, really dislike him, but here's hoping.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Marizzle » November 9th, 2016, 1:34 pm

[quote="Squeely"][quote="Marizzle"]All I can say? Congratulations, America. You may have ruined the lives of many people, but, apparently, their religion, ethnicity, sexuality, etc is what defines them. I just hope things won't be as bad as thought. :/[/quote]
Same. I'm hoping Trump's more outlandish plans don't come to fruition. Who knows, maybe he'll end up succeeding with smaller-scale plans which might do some good. As awful as he is, perhaps his business experience will be of some help in our broken economy?

I really, really dislike him, but here's hoping.[/quote]
My thoughts exactly. Also, let's be honest. He's a businessman, he knows how to "play" people. Maybe, just maybe, not everything he stood for during his campaign matches reality. That doesn't change the fact that more than half of the American population believes hate is the solution to "fix the country". That's what saddens me, honestly.

EDIT: Some are misunderstanding me and believing I'm a small-minded person who believes most Americans are awful human beings. No, I simply can't get over the fact that some people believe his pro-ideals, such as those related to the economy (I know many people who chose him due to this), are good enough when in comparison to the cons, such as his stance in many of the minorities and immigration. Personally, I cannot bring myself to agree that his views in X areas are an "okay price to pay" in exchange for development in Y areas. Also, I personally hate how politics can be so twisted that two people such as Clinton and Trump end up running for President. I "can't understand" nor did I ever expect them to end up being the possible leaders of one of the most powerful countries in the world, given all issues shown by both, when this all began many months ago.If this makes me small-minded or "media-filtered", that's okay, you may believe whatever you want. I apologise if I did not express myself correctly before and created a confusion.
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Carl » November 9th, 2016, 1:41 pm

I've been telling you people that America is an unpleasant hate-filled place for years. This should come as a surprise to no one. Life continues to do what it's good at, which is being craptacular.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 9th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Seems like I am one of the few here who doesn't pretend it's the end of the world. Then again, us Dutch people have been forced to endure our A.hole prime minister and politicians that don't give a single damn about us at all for heaven knows how long, so we ourselves are already paying the horrible consequences for allowing those idiots to ruin our country. Now you Americans will be forced to deal with the consequences as well just like us because we were all too chicken to stand up against the corrupt elites.

As for my opinion about trump, I'm neutral and I don't wish to meddle into politics outside my own country. but that doesn't take away the fact that I am very curious to find out what it will be like for a country to be ran by a rightwing populist, because I have no quarrel with admitting that I myself am a rightwing populist as well.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Squeely » November 9th, 2016, 2:53 pm

[quote="Carl Skywalker"]I've been telling you people that America is an unpleasant hate-filled place for years. This should come as a surprise to no one. Life continues to do what it's good at, which is being craptacular.[/quote]
This. While I can say Trump winning seems like it'll have a bad effect on our country, I can't say it's a surprise.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby KopsTheTerminator » November 9th, 2016, 4:34 pm

[quote="SlayerOfLight"]Seems like I am one of the few here who doesn't pretend it's the end of the world. Then again, us Dutch people have been forced to endure our A.hole prime minister and politicians that don't give a single damn about us at all for heaven knows how long, so we ourselves are already paying the horrible consequences for allowing those idiots to ruin our country. Now you Americans will be forced to deal with the consequences as well just like us because we were all too chicken to stand up against the corrupt elites.

As for my opinion about trump, I'm neutral and I don't wish to meddle into politics outside my own country. but that doesn't take away the fact that I am very curious to find out what it will be like for a country to be ran by a rightwing populist, because I have no quarrel with admitting that I myself am a rightwing populist as well.[/quote]

Honestly, both the Democrat and Republican party have been corrupted to the core for years. American politics have been awful long before Trump, Trump's just the final result of the pathetic left-wing of the west and the awful, corrupted status quo that's been plaguing a lot of countries for aaages. :headache:

Quite frankly I do think this is probably a huge overreaction as well, but I really can't be sure because I have absolutely no idea what Trump's real stances are on anything. I don't know if he was just baiting the American alt right for votes and has different views of his own, if he actually means what he says, if he'll do any of what his campaign was about... No idea what to expect.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FireAndSun » November 9th, 2016, 5:35 pm

[quote="SlayerOfLight"]Seems like I am one of the few here who doesn't pretend it's the end of the world. Then again, us Dutch people have been forced to endure our A.hole prime minister and politicians that don't give a single damn about us at all for heaven knows how long, so we ourselves are already paying the horrible consequences for allowing those idiots to ruin our country. Now you Americans will be forced to deal with the consequences as well just like us because we were all too chicken to stand up against the corrupt elites.

As for my opinion about trump, I'm neutral and I don't wish to meddle into politics outside my own country. but that doesn't take away the fact that I am very curious to find out what it will be like for a country to be ran by a rightwing populist, because I have no quarrel with admitting that I myself am a rightwing populist as well.[/quote]

I'm not saying it's the end of the world. The world will continue, regardless. The question is whether that will be a good one, a worse one, or the same one we live in now. The scary thing for me is that I have no idea what the future holds. Trump was so over the place during his campaign, that I have no idea what to expect from him at all. All I can do is hope he doesn't make more of a mess than there already is. God, I hate politics.
FireAndSun

Pride Points: 25

PreviousNext

Return to The Den