POTUS

Re: POTUS

Postby Squeely » November 11th, 2016, 6:26 am

I don't think the wall is happening either. I found a post on imgur going over it in more detail and holy crap, he doesn't just want to build a wall. He wants to build a freaking 50-foot-high, 10-feet deep wall stationed with armed guards. I don't know how he plans to accomplish this in just four years. I don't think it's anywhere near legal to be like "hey Mexico you're gonna pay for this super-wall" so I have no idea how it's going to be funded for starters. There's also the fact that we have checks and balances in place in our government, so even if all the powerful officials agreed with building it, it would probably take somewhere around a year to get it through everything. Lastly, I don't know how it is in other countries, but in America, any kind of construction work goes along at a snail's pace. So even if it got off the ground despite everything, I don't think it'll get finished and come 2018, people will probably be hungry for a new president. Granted, I don't know the future, and the possibility of a re-election is there. But it seems slim.

Thank you thank you thank you for tax cuts. As much as paying a lot in taxes goes toward helping others, my mom and I are at risk of losing our house. We're the ones who need the help right now.

As for the rest, some seem quite good (finally taking our jobs out of poorly-regulated foreign factories and bringing them back here, where we have child labor laws and plenty of regulations in place to keep the workplace safe, sounds like it'll be good should Trump manage to accomplish it) and some seem bad.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Elton John » November 11th, 2016, 8:19 am

I mean, people are protesting a fair election. Hillary got the popular vote, but the electoral college has been in place for eons in America.

Where were all these protestors when the DNC actually admitted to rigging the primaries so that Bernie lost?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panda-chan » November 11th, 2016, 11:10 pm

[quote="The Lionvengers"]I mean, people are protesting a fair election. Hillary got the popular vote, but the electoral college has been in place for eons in America.

Where were all these protestors when the DNC actually admitted to rigging the primaries so that Bernie lost?[/quote]
This time the protests are being funded by George Soros.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Regulus » November 11th, 2016, 11:17 pm

[quote="Amanda"]This time the protests are being funded by George Soros.[/quote]

Whoa. 0_o

If this is true--and I'm a little skeptical, but if--then this is pretty eye-opening.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Panda-chan » November 12th, 2016, 12:13 am

[quote="Regulus"][quote="Amanda"]This time the protests are being funded by George Soros.[/quote]

Whoa. 0_o

If this is true--and I'm a little skeptical, but if--then this is pretty eye-opening.[/quote]

It's no secret that Soros donated millions of dollars to Hillary Clinton's campaign during the election season. Check for yourself; his name pops up everywhere in the DNC emails on Wikileaks. Now that his candidate lost, he is pouring millions into the anti-Trump protests to incite further chaos.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/tr ... neity.html
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Squeely » November 12th, 2016, 2:40 am

These protests are the worst and are making the left look horrible. I'm not happy that Trump is our president either, but protests aren't going change anything. Remember how heavily Obama was protested? Look how well that worked! Oh wait it didn't do a darn thing.

And before you make assumptions, no, I did not protest Obama. Our system, flawed though it may be, elected Trump. Not every election is going to be won by the left. We lost this one. It sucks. Move on.

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Postby Gaze » November 13th, 2016, 9:10 am

not tryna get heavily involved in this thread, but I think it's important to remember that the majority of the protestors surely don't believe that protesting will actually change who our president-elect is. rather the point is to come together, give support to those who are afraid of how Trump's presidency will negatively affect their lives, and show that they don't support the things Trump stands for. there are undeniably some misguided protestors whose actions are further hurting the people who Trump's presidency has potential to hurt, but I've also seen tons of thoughtful dialogue surrounding that and discussing the best ways to give a voice to those who need it.

I just feel that a lot of people have been denying the importance of protest without even thinking about what the point of it all is. I can guarantee you most people aren't dumb enough to think 'the government' will reverse the election results

edit: also, I'm really sorry to single you out Squeely, but I've seen that "move on" or "get over it" mentality a lot and it confuses me. there are people who are being very, very directly affected by this. even just looking at things happening in the area I'm located in alone, bigoted people are becoming more brazen and outspoken in their hatred for queer people and people of color, for example. even if Trump doesn't follow through with everything he's promised, there is still the danger that vulnerable groups of marginalized people will be increasingly targeted due to people continuing to feel more justified in their violent or hateful actions and words because the election has made them feel more 'safe' expressing such things. my friend who teaches preschool children has even noticed these sorts of incidents happening among the children, so I can't imagine what those kids' parents are saying!

so basically, many people can't just move on. the results of the election can't just be changed, but people can band together for support and spread awareness. white anarchists wanting to "f*** things up" by setting fires or throwing bricks through windows should be condemned but not at the expense of everyone else. the weeping Muslim father in my community was completely justified in standing up to address a crowd of peaceful protestors and tearfully remind them all that Muslims are not terrorists. the fierce and strong single mother I took a college program with last year is justified in feeling horrified that she may no longer be able to afford her diabetic son's medical supplies and that he could die, and she is justified in doing all she can to prevent that.

and I'm sure everyone will be incredibly glad and grateful to be proven wrong if and when Trump doesn't do all the things we've feared he will do. we've already gotten some evidence that will be the case, and that's wonderful! we don't know for sure, though, and in the meantime I have nothing but empathy for everyone who is terrified. especially when we've got emboldened racists and sexists making themselves increasingly known in our communities.
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Squeely » November 13th, 2016, 7:21 pm

Thank you, Sadiki, for giving me a better perspective on the protests. You're right that most people probably don't believe it'll change the results, I now better see why they are going on.

I still have a lot of concerns with regards to them, though. The thing that put me off of them so much initially is video footage of protesters burning effigies and American flags, like holy crap no, those are terrible things to do. I'm concerned with what it does to the left's image, most on the right are going to view the left as crybabies and probably feel more scared of us, and seeing reports of protestors having beaten up a Trump supporter, they're not unjustified in feeling that way. I'm also concerned with how much support Hillary has, when she herself is anti-marijuana, pro-fracking, and pro-war, which is the exact opposite of how the left feels on those things. Not to mention, being as corporate as Trump, if not more, and being so corrupt as to rig the primaries and deny us the candidate we really wanted and really voted for. I can't help but feel like people got too attached to the idea of our first female president, and didn't stop to consider that she would have been pretty dang horrible for the left.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby it means no worries » November 13th, 2016, 8:13 pm

[quote="Squeely"]
finally taking our jobs out of poorly-regulated foreign factories and bringing them back here, where we have child labor laws and plenty of regulations in place to keep the workplace safe, sounds like it'll be good should Trump manage to accomplish it) and some seem bad.[/quote]

Companies like to base their factories in countries with cheap labour and lax health and safety laws-It'll be very difficult to get a large number of manufacturing jobs back from places like China.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby Squeely » November 13th, 2016, 8:28 pm

Yeah I agree it's going to be extremely difficult to pull off. At same time though, if Trump does manage to do it, holy crap.

Squeely

Sassy cub

PreviousNext

Return to The Den