POTUS

Re: POTUS

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 10th, 2016, 6:32 am

um hi, I was wondering since some of our really devastated and are having a hard time coping, is there a thread we can make that helps us cope for those who are going through fearful and feeling scared like me? I got some advice I would like to share for coping, I mean its already really brought my excitement for Fridays lions of the outlands, and well even staying focused on studies is hard enough, and it helps to talk it out.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 10th, 2016, 6:39 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]um hi, I was wondering since some of our really devastated and are having a hard time coping, is there a thread we can make that helps us cope for those who are going through fearful and feeling scared like me? I got some advice I would like to share for coping, I mean its already really brought my excitement for Fridays lions of the outlands, and well even staying focused on studies is hard enough, and it helps to talk it out.[/quote]

You need therapy now or what?
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby DGFone » November 10th, 2016, 6:50 am

Why did Hillay lose? Because it's the economy, stupid.

Now where have we heard that before? Oh, wait...
I will write a longer post when I get back to my place after work on Friday.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Timon the great » November 10th, 2016, 7:22 am

So what if Trump won? It's not the end of the world. Not even close. Nor will it ever be because he did. That's just the darn brainwashing effects of the very liberal mainstream media here in the US.

A lot of people in the country (excluding the government and media) ended up not wanting Obama in office anymore, and for good reason. Which I'm not going to get into details with anyone here about it if they feel hurt because I said this.

On top of that, Everyone already knew that Hillary's agenda was just going to be the same as Obama's which is even worse. And that's also why I and a lot of people didn't vote for her either.

That's also why I took Donald over Hillary (and any time for that matter), with my vote to be in office.
Last edited by Timon the great on November 10th, 2016, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Regulus » November 10th, 2016, 7:36 am

For some reason, MLK has always been my favorite place to discuss politics and other serious issues. It seems so weird--why go to a (usually inactive) Lion King forum to discuss this stuff? I have no idea. Even after years of it, I don't understand.

Yet, I haven't been able to do a productive thing all day, because I've been talking with people in real life and on other websites about what just happened this election. As soon as I come to this thread, it's like finding a damn gold mine. I love this place when there's actually discussions. It's lively in such a way that it's not something I can find anywhere else.

[quote="DGFone"]Why did Hillay lose? Because it's the economy, stupid.[/quote]

Yep. It's pretty obvious. People are mad and upset about not having jobs--or having crappy ones--and Trump was the candidate in the general election who poised himself as a solution to that problem.

Will he manage to fix the economy? No, probably not. But he said he would, so that's who people voted for.

[quote="GeminiGemelo"]But yeah. I just find it ironic that everyone beforehand was saying "weh, don't vote third party! vote like a mature adult!"... and yet these are the same people who've been whining about OTHER PEOPLE'S voting choices. Way to be a mature adult.

Sorry. I just had to rant about that.

But yeah, tl;dr both parties suck, both candidates suck, it is what it is. Let's all move forward together, America.[/quote]

I know so many people elsewhere who are deeply upset about Trump winning, because they have arrived at the false realization that it means more than half of Americans are racist bigots like him. No. No, that's not the case, and you outlined exactly why.

To most people, this was the election of two evils. To those who lean left, Trump was the greater evil. To those who lean right, Clinton was the greater evil. They each gained roughly half of all votes, plus or minus just a very tiny bit. Third parties didn't shift the election by any significant margin.

To say that half the country is racist and wants to deport Muslims and Hispanics is just absurd. All these democrats have been telling us not to vote third party because we would be throwing our votes away in such a critical election--and yet, we have to realize the same is true on the other side. Democrats NEED to realize that many people find Clinton morally distasteful in the same way many of us do Trump. Just as we were urged to vote for Clinton for political reasons, many conservatives were urged to vote for Trump for those same reasons, despite their opinions against him.

It's refreshing that people here will actually look at the facts and move forward. The facts are, 60-something percent of people dislike Trump, and a similar figure dislike Clinton. Just because they each get half of all votes DOESN'T mean half the country is behind either one.

If anything, I see the liberals protesting in the streets tonight and I just kinda laugh to myself. Yes, I get it, Trump is a horrible and despicable person, and he shouldn't be president. But he was elected, and our rules dictate that he will be president. That's democracy at work, and if there's anything I believe in, it's a fair democracy. It seems silly to protest that--especially when the democrats had a candidate in 2000 who ACTUALLY DID win the electoral college, and no one seemed to care about that at the time. Oh, Gore won? That's cool. Here you go Bush, you win the election. Congrats!

So, what I think is kinda like this: Look, guys, why are we completely complacent when democracy is stolen from us, and yet we have to have protests when some one is elected through a fair and (to my knowledge) unrigged election?

Either way, I still respect their right to protest, so it's all cool I guess. It would be ironic though if it turned violent, and then the liberals would become the very thing they're swearing to prevent.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby KopsTheTerminator » November 10th, 2016, 10:51 am

Honestly, I retract anything I've said. I'm glad Trump got elected simply because Hillary could end up being an awful warmonger and it'd just mean more innocent lives lost thanks to petty interests. It's not worth risking electing her in office simply because of that.

What an awful election...

Seriously though, what's even the point of protesting? They can't even reasonably stop this from happening. It's just pointless dramatics since the result isn't going to change.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeely » November 10th, 2016, 12:03 pm

Many of my friends are saddened and scared by the results. For good reason, he's an awful person and he makes it sound like he'll make life worse for every minority.

But I think protests are taking things too far. He's our president now, for the time being we just have to accept that. He won through the electoral college, not the popular vote. The only thing we can do now is hope Trump is all talk and isn't actually able to make discriminatory laws. And wait till the next election when, should Trump make decisions we don't like, the left-wing candidate will most likely be running on a platform of undoing those things.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Claws » November 10th, 2016, 12:20 pm

I just think everybody is being super dramatic over there, I mean people thinks this is nazi germany and everybody but white straight people is being sent to the gas chambers or something, really c'mon, do you even think Trump will be capable of half the stuff he's said? Like what? he just walks past the congress and everything else? Sure...

Also everything Regulus said.
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Elton John » November 10th, 2016, 12:54 pm

If anything positive is to come from a trump election, it's that he's going to fight against people like henry kissinger or the rockefellers. People with more power than the president. If he is as anti-establishment as his supporters say he is.

That's just me being overly optimistic.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 10th, 2016, 3:22 pm

ok, I didnt read every comment but I think Everyone here is not realizing what really happened and forgive me if you already said it, but my mom and my best friend has told me that it was all because not enough people voted, and this is exactly what I feared, when people say to VOTE, there attitude is, either, dont blame me I voted for Hillary, or I will not vote for either one of them, or Oh Hillary is so gonna win I dont need to vote cause my vote wont count. thats what happened, thats why trump won, and this will a hard lessons to the one who didnt vote or didnt vote right. Even my brother realized it before and changed his vote to jill to Hillary.
:( :sad: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Now I will tell you all im extreamly scared as a environmentalist, because I am all about fighting climate change, which IS our biggest threat of our time, I will say I suffer from Climate change depression which is a real thing if you ask the scientists, according to this article http://grist.org/climate-energy/climate ... scientist/ and I'm scared now even more for what the negative bad results will be for Trump being our next president, Im scared that everything ive gong to school for and fighting to help the environment will go back word or down hill and make thing just plain harder for everyone else. I am even having a hard time trying to focus on my school, I cant even imagine what my professors are feeling right now. I'm also scared for those who's race and sex are threatened by trump, I fear that crime and war will go up, Im having to look into counseling because of this.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

PreviousNext

Return to The Den