[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 — My Lion King Forum

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Postby Azdgari » May 12th, 2017, 11:46 pm

just stirring up some activity hurr

Anybody else catch GG2? I was a huge fan of the first one, so I was pretty excited to see this one too. I thought the soundtrack was great once again, and the movie itself nearly as good as the first one. The plot I thought was a little less taut than the original... took a long time to get going, and felt like it needed a little bit more on the end, but I suppose that's just my perception. I also enjoyed the camaraderie and in-jokey humor, but it got a little self-aware and self-referential at times--but only a little. Nothing too bad, and a lot of the humor (especially Drax) was extremely effective; that's to say, hilarious. The animation on Rocket always blows me away: if somebody saw this movie twenty years ago, they would probably come to the conclusion that raccoons can actually talk and shoot stuff, it's that realistic down to the drifting of individual hairs, twitching of ears, etc.

Any other Guardians fans out there?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Postby Elton John » May 13th, 2017, 12:06 am

You're asking if there are other fans? Must've missed the half a billion posts I made about the movie :P

I kid!

Saw it on opening night. I want to see it again soon. This is shaping up to be the best trilogy in the mcu.

I also saw the first one four times in theaters.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby CheetahCat » May 13th, 2017, 1:31 am

I've seen the first movie but I'm getting around to seeing the second. :)
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby TheLionPrince » May 13th, 2017, 8:13 am

TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Sushi » May 14th, 2017, 11:09 am

I really enjoyed Guardians 2 but not quite as much as the first. Its up there but just not quite for me. Its easy to be disappointed by a follow up film as you have higher expectations from having loved the first one. So maybe there is a bit of that in it too. Its hard to say what I thought without giving any spoilers so sorry if any of this sounds too negative or vague.
I didn't quite like the soundtrack as much as the first, thats just personal taste. It wasn't bad, just not quite as epic as the first.
The story line was good but quite drawn out and the jokes seemed more placed than as in the first they where just natural, more in style of Deadpools 4th wall breaking but not quite at that level.
For the fun family film it got really dark at times and it was good with the balance between comedy and darkness, whilst also managing to not mix the two together.

Oh just a side note. During the end credits the people behind where talking about "who is that old guy?, I don't get it"
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 11th, 2018, 11:18 pm

Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Ultra Fox » January 29th, 2020, 3:38 am

ok me done 5 now
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Return to The Den