69%
Both..?
8%
Something else
23%

Total votes : 13

Re: Yanny or Laurel?

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » May 18th, 2018, 3:52 pm

[quote="Elton John"] I know what the bigger story probably is, but feel its too controversial to bring up on a disney site for movies about singing african animals.[/quote]

Is it the Illuminati?
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » May 18th, 2018, 4:30 pm

No.
Last edited by Elton John on May 18th, 2018, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby WildSimba » May 18th, 2018, 4:47 pm

[quote="Panda-chan"]How is everyone hearing Laurel? I don't exactly hear Yanny but I do hear something like Yammy/Yaley. But I definitely do not hear anything that even remotely resembles Laurel. :?

Y'all are trippin'.[/quote]

Sounds like you might be the one on crack fam
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Regulus » May 18th, 2018, 8:11 pm

[quote="Panda-chan"]How is everyone hearing Laurel? I don't exactly hear Yanny but I do hear something like Yammy/Yaley. But I definitely do not hear anything that even remotely resembles Laurel. :?

Try this.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ebate.html

You probably don't hear low frequencies well, so this tool can adjust those to a higher pitch to make laurel more obvious.

In the unaltered clip, both Laurel and Yanny are there. Laurel is the bass, while Yanny is the treble. By not hearing Laurel, your brain either has a preference for picking up the higher frequencies over the lower ones, or you have hearing damage which prevents you from picking up the lower frequencies at all.

I find things like this to be endlessly fascinating. Even what are seemingly the most obvious of things can be interpreted one way or another. Reality is often more interesting than it seems.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby FlipMode » May 18th, 2018, 9:22 pm

^This. Of the two I definitely hear Yanny but I hear it as Yarry.

[quote="Regulus"]It depends on how well tuned you are to low frequencies. If you're listening from a device that has a good subwoofer and good bass, and you don't have hearing damage, you can quite clearly hear Laurel. However, if you're listening from a system that has awful sound quality, you're not going to hear the deep L-sound at the beginning and end. Thus, you hear the L's as Y's.[/quote]

Probably explains a lot. Monitor I am using right now has pretty crap speakers.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Tora » May 18th, 2018, 9:55 pm

Even the creator admits it says Laurel. Tis settled.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby SimbasGuard » June 4th, 2018, 8:49 am

Any time I have had this played for me in person I hear Yeah Me (only with no space between the words).
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Buffy » July 8th, 2018, 5:28 am

#Laurel
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Ultra Fox » January 29th, 2020, 3:31 am

pickel rick
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Previous

Return to The Den