Can Loki Be Forgiving?

Re: Can Loki Be Forgiving?

Postby WildSimba » June 4th, 2018, 12:12 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]Because he is misunderstood[/quote]

Not every character that's bad is a tortured, misunderstood soul. lol Loki is pretty bad lol
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Elton John » June 4th, 2018, 12:56 am

but he’s hawt

that means even if he kills others he has to be a guy that isn’t so bad deep down.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » June 5th, 2018, 7:43 am

I'm not quite clear on the original question; is whether Loki can be forgiving, or whether he can be forgiven by us, the viewing audience?

If it's the former, then probably not. Thing is, the only time we've seen Loki wronged (at least in the MCU) was Odin covering up his heritage, but he never seemed to forgive Odin for whatever transgressions he felt had been inflicted upon him; all of his earlier actions at least were because he ultimately wanted Odin's approval and a place for himself among the royal Asgardian family, which I don't think he ever really got.

If it's the latter, then absolutely not. Loki's a good character because he and his relationships to his family are given some level of depth that gets played out across a fairly long arc, but it really wasn't until the events of Thor: Ragnarok that he actually started to genuinely redeem himself, and even then you can't really come back from attempting to commit a fratricidal/regicidal coup (against Thor and Odin, respectively) and a separate genocide (against his own people, the Frost Giants) in your first film appearance alone, let alone attempting to take over Earth. Honestly, the only sad part - for me, anyway - about his death in Infinity War was that you saw how much it hurt Thor.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 5th, 2018, 3:56 pm

[quote="Panpardus"]I'm not quite clear on the original question; is whether Loki can be forgiving, or whether he can be forgiven by us, the viewing audience?

If it's the former, then probably not. Thing is, the only time we've seen Loki wronged (at least in the MCU) was Odin covering up his heritage, but he never seemed to forgive Odin for whatever transgressions he felt had been inflicted upon him; all of his earlier actions at least were because he ultimately wanted Odin's approval and a place for himself among the royal Asgardian family, which I don't think he ever really got.

If it's the latter, then absolutely not. Loki's a good character because he and his relationships to his family are given some level of depth that gets played out across a fairly long arc, but it really wasn't until the events of Thor: Ragnarok that he actually started to genuinely redeem himself, and even then you can't really come back from attempting to commit a fratricidal/regicidal coup (against Thor and Odin, respectively) and a separate genocide (against his own people, the Frost Giants) in your first film appearance alone, let alone attempting to take over Earth. Honestly, the only sad part - for me, anyway - about his death in Infinity War was that you saw how much it hurt Thor.[/quote]

Again Im asking if he is forgiving to his followers who have done nothing wrong to him but want to follow him. For example Im a fan of him and Ive done nothing wrong to him so why would he never forgive me for something I never did.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasMate » June 6th, 2018, 12:00 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]
Again Im asking if he is forgiving to his followers who have done nothing wrong to him but want to follow him. For example Im a fan of him and Ive done nothing wrong to him so why would he never forgive me for something I never did.[/quote]

I think if he was real he'd like you.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Gemini » June 6th, 2018, 4:39 pm

[quote="Panpardus"]his death in Infinity War[/quote]

Spoilers. :cry: :gasp:
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby FlipMode » June 6th, 2018, 10:32 pm

I was talking with my friend the other day, do you think Ant Man ever goes tiny, runs up someone's butt crack and then once inside the cavity, goes to full size again and they explode from the inside?
Because that would have made Infinity War go very differently.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Panpardus » June 10th, 2018, 8:32 am

[quote="Gemini"][quote="Panpardus"]his death in Infinity War[/quote]

Spoilers. :cry: :gasp:[/quote]

My bad; we're over a month out from its release, so I assumed most everyone who wanted to see it has seen it already. But yeah, I thought his death was all but clear from the fact that he only ever appeared in one quick scene in all of the promotional materials where he's handing over the Tesseract and looking quite the worse for wear. The only thing about him in this movie that surprised me was how that moment was executed, which I won't spoil.

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]
Again Im asking if he is forgiving to his followers who have done nothing wrong to him but want to follow him. For example Im a fan of him and Ive done nothing wrong to him so why would he never forgive me for something I never did.[/quote]

Why would you need to be forgiving if someone's done nothing wrong to you in the first place? Loki doesn't seem like a character who reciprocates goodwill; he's the God of Mischief. You can do everything right to please him and he'll still find a way to stab you in the back, even if it's just for his own amusement. I really don't get why people like him so much; I saw one post in particular on the petition page you linked that said that Loki should be brought back because was a good role model for her kids - I was just like, what!? :?
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Gemini » June 10th, 2018, 11:12 pm

[quote="Panpardus"][quote="Gemini"][quote="Panpardus"]his death in Infinity War[/quote]

Spoilers. :cry: :gasp:[/quote]

My bad; we're over a month out from its release, so I assumed most everyone who wanted to see it has seen it already. But yeah, I thought his death was all but clear from the fact that he only ever appeared in one quick scene in all of the promotional materials where he's handing over the Tesseract and looking quite the worse for wear. The only thing about him in this movie that surprised me was how that moment was executed, which I won't spoil.[/quote]

Nah, it's fine. I've kinda been wanting to see it but it's hard to find the time and motivation to go. I also kind of live under a rock which is why I haven't heard much about it thus far, so don't feel too bad, LOL.

[quote="Panpardus"]I really don't get why people like him so much; I saw one post in particular on the petition page you linked that said that Loki should be brought back because was a good role model for her kids - I was just like, what!? :?[/quote]

I mean I really like Loki to be fair but I'd never consider him a role model for children. Like... "hey there kids, it's OK to be jealous and lie to your family and mess with people" seems like a poor message to an age group that's already impulsive and not very empathetic yet. :notagain:
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Ultra Fox » January 29th, 2020, 3:36 am

no he hates goths sorry

I provide Norsella Godella chat support so I would know
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Previous

Return to The Den