Thoughts on Frozen II?

Thoughts on Frozen II?

Postby Stormy » November 24th, 2019, 4:36 am

Not gonna leave any spoilers atm, but I'm curious to know some thoughts on the film for those who have gotten the chance to see it already. I'm gonna be honest, I didn't have much high expectations for the sequel. And well, I left the theater the way I thought I was going to. :down: Which was "eh". I don't believe it was a terrible movie by any means, it's just not something I'd likely watch again over the first film. Any thoughts from you guys who have seen it?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Re: Thoughts on Frozen II?

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » November 24th, 2019, 11:29 am

As a second movie, I thought it was one of the better Disney sequels. They did great expanding the universe a bit, and the backstories were well-written, though some of the new characters felt underused. I found 3-4 of the songs very good especially "Into the Unknown" but the rest was meh. Then again, I did not like 2 of the songs from the first one. What made it work for me once again was the original cast reprising their roles and the strong theme of female solidarity that the "Frozen" franchise is known for. :D
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Stormy » November 24th, 2019, 4:53 pm

I do agree that the backstories were well-written as well as most of the story in general. For me the problem was the first half I was a bit bored. It felt like the story took a while to get started for them to go on their adventure. Yeah I understand (don’t think this is a spoiler trying to be careful lol) Elsa didn’t want to go right then and there and was trying to ignore whatever, but we all knew eventually they were going to go anyways and it just felt stretched to me. I’m probably over exaggerating but that’s just me lol. Anyways, I too enjoyed a few of the songs, but for me personally none of the songs were songs that I could remember besides “Into the Unknown”. I think what saved the movie for me was Olaf, I thought he was great. Especially in those darker moments. I’m glad they didn’t overdo him for the most part just because he was successful in the first film. Sometimes they’ll over do a comedic character just for the little ones then it’s just plain annoying, but I found they did it just right and I’m thankful they were able to do him right again. :D
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » November 25th, 2019, 8:40 am

Yes the intro was a bit lackluster to me up until "All Is Found". I understand what it's like to not spoil a movie lol You did great. Having seen it twice, Some Things Never Change had that catchy melody but only in the chorus. And being a Broadway fan, I did get Olaf's song and found it delightful lol. Lost in the Woods worked with the 80's Phil Collins vibe :D The rest wasn't really memorable. Olaf did save the movie in that he was entertaining but they also gave him a great plot. Having him be more educated due to reading was awesome. I like it when the sidekicks do more than just plain comedy, which is why Timon and Pumbaa worked for me in all the movies. :) The scenes with Elsa and the water nokk were stunning to see.
Now available to read!
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Postby Stormy » November 25th, 2019, 6:47 pm

I've went back and listened to a few of the tracks, and seems like I enjoyed it a bit more the second time around. Olaf's song was one of my favorites, it just feels like another "someone needs to tell him" moment to me. :lol:

I'm considering giving the movie a second go, but haven't settled on it just yet. Second viewings are always nice, especially catching things you could've missed the first go.
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » November 26th, 2019, 6:15 am

I just came back from the theater. I liked it. My favorite part was Kristoff's musical number. I was sitting there and I was thinking 'Look at him being all Bryan Adam's'. LOL!

Unpopular opinion alert: I don't care for Olaf. I just never found him funny. For me, he is a redundant character. I like Sven more. He had a personality and I always looked forward to his scenes.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Elton John » November 26th, 2019, 5:19 pm

Bryan Adams? Phil Collins? Honestly I got more Chicago/Peter Cetera vibes from that song.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Stormy » November 27th, 2019, 5:46 am

I’ve actually heard from quite a bit of people who don’t care for Olaf, I don’t think it’s too much of an unpopular opinion. Haven’t heard much people talk about Sven though which is interesting, haven’t looked into the character as much personally tbh.
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » November 27th, 2019, 8:45 am

I did get a Chicago vibe besides Phil Collins LOL And that one part with Sven and the reindeers' heads surrounding Kristoff made me think of Queen a bit.

Also, yes I don't think it's an unpopular opinion. Olaf is more for the little kids in general. In most articles that rank Disney's best sidekicks, Olaf is rarely on the top. Genie, Timon-Pumbaa and Lumiere-Cogsworth usually round out the Top 3 or Top 5. Yeah Sven hasn't really been talked about by many. Over on Instagram, he is quite popular though, mainly due to "Lost In the Woods".
Now available to read!
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Postby Elton John » November 27th, 2019, 3:54 pm

There haven’t been that many good sidekick characters from Disney this decade. Maybe Baymax if you count him as one but he’s too important to the actual story for me to count him as one.

But then I ask, what is a sidekick character? What are the qualifications of a sidekick character? The lead character of Zootopia is Judy, would Nick count as a sidekick? I don’t think so, I mean he’s far too important to the story and the emotional core of the story...

Then what about Timon and Pumbaa? They are comic relief characters but they are also absolutely essential to the story itself. Without them Simba would have died in the desert and if he somehow survived he likely would have lived alone...

Then there are the people who argue over Princess characters, and some of these characters were not born of royal blood or even married into royal blood.

We never see anyone disqualify Belle as a princess even though by the end of the movie she isn’t married to a prince (who is technically a king since his parents are dead so if they got married she would be a queen)

Mulan has no royal blood and li shang has no royal blood...

Oh and some call Esmerelda a princess in spite of her not being one...

And forget about all the forgotten princess characters who will never be in the official lineup...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Next

Return to The Den