Tarzan

Tarzan

Postby morri908 » March 6th, 2009, 1:15 am

Well, this movie is like, my mom's fave Disney movie.... So due to that , i have the special edition DVD, cuz we couldn't find the VHS copy. So, while talking on here, i'm watching it, on my new laptop.. woot.. so, what do you think of it?
both siggies and avatar by Simba's Mate
No podemos cambiar el pasado, pero podemos dar forma al futuro
morri908

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

~Sarabi's Mate~ (was the first one... copy cat!)

Pride Points: 1

Re: Tarzan

Postby whitewolf17 » March 6th, 2009, 2:12 am

I've only seen it on the internet 'cause I don't have the DVD or VHS but I thought it was pretty good. I'll probably buy it someday but I can wait to get it.
The winner for last week's question is...NalaLionQueen. Congratulations!!

This weeks question:What is the only other known place in the universe with a stable body of surface liquid?

Winner and next question will be announced next Sunday.
whitewolf17

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

#1 Sonic fan

Pride Points: 0

Postby Schindler » March 6th, 2009, 2:19 am

I have it on VHS.
I honestly didn't like it very much. I guess it's an okay movie, but it's definitely not the best from Disney.
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Postby Moka » March 6th, 2009, 2:27 am

I didn't like it much either. It wasn't anything special. I liked the part where he fought the (jaguar?).

Maybe if I watched it again. I think the TV series ruined it for me. I used to watch those a lot.
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby Kopa » March 6th, 2009, 2:48 am

I thought it was an okay movie. The only thing I really got into though was the music. I used to love the music from Tarzan but now...I only listen to it every now and then haha. You're right about that Moka. The series is what ruined it for me as well. After I watched a few episodes I was like... :disgust:
Kopa

There'll be peace when you are done.

Postby Majordomo » March 6th, 2009, 3:20 am

I actually didn't care much for the music. I much prefer it when the characters actually sing, and Phil Collins sang every. single. song. :headache: It almost felt like he interrupted during "You'll Be In my Heart". I have yet to hear the broadway soundtrack for it, and that might be better in that regard, but that was a big turn-off for me.
Majordomo

Because I said so

Postby Schindler » March 6th, 2009, 3:24 am

Characters in Disney movies stopped singing a long time ago. I miss it.
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Postby morri908 » March 6th, 2009, 4:54 am

Me to shindler... I like the first Tarzan movie... however, the next 2 movies sucked... and i never watched the series... i only like the first 2 songs of the movie... the stupid song were they are beating on trashcans and breaking stuff. i find it highly annoying. And yeah Moka, i would assume that it's a jaguar.... or a leopard.

oh, i just read on wikipedia that Tarzan's father was killed by kerchak (in the original story)
also on wiki, i found out that Sabor (the thing that kills the little gorilla and tarzan's parents) is a leopard
In the original story, Sabor was a Lioness,,,

i just liked the songs... i didn't even watch the whole movie today... i didn't feel like it.
both siggies and avatar by Simba's Mate
No podemos cambiar el pasado, pero podemos dar forma al futuro
morri908

~Sarabi's Mate~ (was the first one... copy cat!)

Pride Points: 1

Postby Kopa » March 6th, 2009, 5:05 am

You're right about that Schindler. I think Mulan was the last animated Disney movie where the characters actually sang wasn't it :? ? I can't remember. I'm not counting sequels mind you. I loved the music from that movie and I still do. Mulan is one of my all time favorite Disney movies besides The Lion King of course. Tarzan just really isn't up there for me. It had it's moments but it just didn't click with me except for the music.
Kopa

There'll be peace when you are done.

Postby serra20 » March 6th, 2009, 8:16 pm

I liked Tarzan and I still like it.Actually,I have saw only a French version of Tarzan 1 and a Lithuanian version of Tarzan 2.I never got a chance to see it in English.
serra20
An old pride member

Watching over you

Nickname(s): Serra
Pride Points: 3

Next

Return to The Den