This is going to need a new host...

This is going to need a new host...

Postby FlipMode » October 3rd, 2011, 1:38 pm

I think this is a pretty great contest and would hate to see it die.
Anyone up for taking over the host position?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: This is going to need a new host...

Postby Applejack » October 3rd, 2011, 1:41 pm

I'd be willing to take the host position, Flip
Applejack

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

oo0o0o0o0oo000oo

Nickname(s): AJ, Rich
Pride Points: 16

Postby Panda-chan » October 3rd, 2011, 11:08 pm

I think you'd better get Azdgari's permission first. Just because he's away for a while doesn't mean this contest is up for grabs. He created it, he owns it, and it'd be quite rude to just snatch it from him while he's offline. :roll:
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby FlipMode » October 3rd, 2011, 11:14 pm

Its not like it would be permanently... And to be fair, you cant exactly ask the permission of someone who you are not likely to see again for months.
I guess if he wanted someone to take it over he would of said something but he might have just forgot lol
FlipMode

Postby Applejack » October 3rd, 2011, 11:17 pm

If he comes back, I'll hand it right back over to him =/... this is just incase he cant come back for a while.
Applejack

oo0o0o0o0oo000oo

Nickname(s): AJ, Rich
Pride Points: 16

Postby TheLionQueen » October 9th, 2011, 5:29 am

I'd love to be a host for this contest. I love writing!
TheLionQueen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rachel or TLQ
Pride Points: 33

Postby Panda-chan » October 9th, 2011, 8:45 pm

[quote="Catonkey"]Its not like it would be permanently... And to be fair, you cant exactly ask the permission of someone who you are not likely to see again for months.
I guess if he wanted someone to take it over he would of said something but he might have just forgot lol[/quote]
The point I'm trying to make though, is that he CREATED it. That would be like me stealing someone's OC and being like, "hurr I'll give it back when the owner returns.."
Sure, he might have forgotten to give it to someone, and there might be no way of contacting him, but we should respect his ownership of it regardless. If you want to host a fanfic contest so bad, why don't you just make your own? It's not fair to snatch up someone's hard work word for word and claim it as "yours". I'm sure Azdgari will be pretty disappointed to see that people have hijacked his fanfic contest when he returns. I know I'd be pretty mad.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Woeler » October 9th, 2011, 9:05 pm

[quote="Amanda"][quote="Catonkey"]Its not like it would be permanently... And to be fair, you cant exactly ask the permission of someone who you are not likely to see again for months.
I guess if he wanted someone to take it over he would of said something but he might have just forgot lol[/quote]
The point I'm trying to make though, is that he CREATED it. That would be like me stealing someone's OC and being like, "hurr I'll give it back when the owner returns.."
Sure, he might have forgotten to give it to someone, and there might be no way of contacting him, but we should respect his ownership of it regardless. If you want to host a fanfic contest so bad, why don't you just make your own? It's not fair to snatch up someone's hard work word for word and claim it as "yours". I'm sure Azdgari will be pretty disappointed to see that people have hijacked his fanfic contest when he returns. I know I'd be pretty mad.[/quote]

People come and go, there is no reason to stop something because the original founder is gone. did people stop building physics on relativity because Einstein died? No the did not! And it is by a clear mile NOT stealing work, it is just carrying on what another has started. I would love to see someone do the writing contest again, I am always surprised from what I get to read here.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby FlipMode » October 9th, 2011, 9:16 pm

[quote="Amanda"]
The point I'm trying to make though, is that he CREATED it. That would be like me stealing someone's OC and being like, "hurr I'll give it back when the owner returns.."[/quote]
Except nothing like it...

[quote="Amanda"]
Sure, he might have forgotten to give it to someone, and there might be no way of contacting him, but we should respect his ownership of it regardless.[/quote]
That is actually a fair point, although I would possibly argue the fact that this is only temporal and that if he does have an issue with it when, or indeed if he does return, then he can continue it his way if he would like.

[quote="Amanda"]
If you want to host a fanfic contest so bad, why don't you just make your own?
[/quote]
That is pretty much what I was trying to get at, surely hosting your own version of a pre existing contest that has temporarily ceased is pretty identical to taking over as host?

[quote="Amanda"]
It's not fair to snatch up someone's hard work word for word and claim it as "yours".
[/quote]
Is not what is going on here, nothing is being snatched nor am I claiming it is mine... Irrelevant point there, sorry.

[quote="Amanda"]
I'm sure Azdgari will be pretty disappointed to see that people have hijacked his fanfic contest when he returns. I know I'd be pretty mad.[/quote]
Well knowing him reasonably well, I wouldn't imagine he would be and would have the intelligence to understand that we are temporarily continuing it, not stealing anything. If he is, then hey I will apologize but lets just see, because the fact that YOU would be mad, does not mean anything, because you are not Az...

EDIT - Its happening anyway, so you can carry on arguing it if you want but it is pretty fruitless to do so, I asked several of the staff if this was okay before and they agreed with it, because yeah it would have been better to have asked him first but it really is not that big a problem as you (and me) are making it out to be.
FlipMode

Postby Moka » October 10th, 2011, 3:44 am

We've encountered this problem before. If the founder of the contest left for an amount of time without recommending a new host, we give temporary host rights to someone. If the founder returns and wants his or her position back, we let them. So what we're looking for is a temporary fill-in host. xP

I think Saja would do a good job of being host for this.
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest