MLK's Writing Contest #5!

MLK's Writing Contest #5!

Postby DGFone » March 20th, 2012, 5:22 am

Yes, it's time to start writing again! I know that this is almost a day late, but I will take that into account, and don't worry about it. Here are the prompts for the fifth contest:

Simba in the desert after the stampede
Timon and Pumbaa adjusting to life in the Pridelands
Kovu finding out about his father

Have fun when you write, keep your minds sharp, and let the ideas flow! The deadline for submissions is April 2nd!

Word length: Please limit the word length to around 2000 words. You may go a bit over, but remember that people will read your story, as well all the others, so it will only be respectful to keep the length tasteful. Shorter stories are also welcome. The usual writing rules apply: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing, and don't submit something you already wrote previously.
You may resubmit a story, but only if it's done before the deadline. If you resubmit, please PM me with it as though it were a first submission, but tell me that you are resubmitting, and give the file-name some sort of marker to show that it's not a first submission. (Example: storyV2.txt) You may post questions or comments in this topic.

Good luck!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK's Writing Contest #5!

Postby Azdgari » March 20th, 2012, 5:47 am

I assume you mean Kovu learning of Scar's death?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby DGFone » March 20th, 2012, 6:26 am

[quote="Azdgari"]I assume you mean Kovu learning of Scar's death?[/quote]

That's for you to decide. 8-) (According to the producers of SP, Scar is not Kovu's father. But there are other schools of thought...)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » March 31st, 2012, 8:07 pm

Two days left to submit your stories! Get them in to me if you want to be in the contest!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » April 2nd, 2012, 7:16 am

One last day to write a submission for the fourth contest!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Return to MLK Writing Contest