The 1st Anual Write Aboutt Your Char Comp: 2012, Winner

The 1st Anual Write Aboutt Your Char Comp: 2012, Winner

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » June 8th, 2012, 10:58 am

The winer of the user bar is... Nobody
We need entrys If anyone is to recieve the userbar.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Re: The 1st Anual Write Aboutt Your Char Comp: 2012, Winner

Postby AdAstrα » June 8th, 2012, 2:50 pm

And the point of this topic being....that no one entered your contest? I thought that was fairly obvious. And even if it wasn't, you could've just updated the other one istead. No need to create a whole new topic to announce a winner.....if there is no winner :P
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » June 10th, 2012, 2:00 am

You do have a point
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby Panda-chan » June 10th, 2012, 6:19 pm

[quote="KopaKovuVitaniKiar4"]winer[/quote]
Whining?
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby FlipMode » June 10th, 2012, 6:33 pm

Came here to read some decent fan fiction, AdAstra is right, this is why you should have made an edit or even reply to the previous topic, not that I expected anyone to actually enter, you really did not go the right way about this

FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » June 10th, 2012, 10:43 pm

For a writing contest, the winner bar has 4 out of 16 words incorrectly spelled, that's 1/4 of the words that are mistakes...

If you want people to actually participate in this contest, spamming topics about it (such as to announce that there are no winners) only makes things worse: instead of seeing you as a 13 year old who wants to try and host a contest, you are viewed more and more as a troll who simply wants to annoy the membership of MLK. The best way to establishing yourself as a legitimate host is to make sure that your spelling and grammar are correct. Not spamming and trolling other topics goes a long way as well.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » June 10th, 2012, 10:46 pm

KopaKovu, I will try to be as sensitive as I can but I think these are the few reasons why no one joined.

1. It's very, very hard to take your topic seriously, or at least be considerate of your project, if your spelling is way off. This is not a put down. I am giving you honest and constructive critique. I realize that you are only 13 and it's great that you want to express your enthusiasm for the LK, but if you are going to start a writing contest, then I suggest that you start to write legibly. Now, I personally would not call myself a grammar Nazi, but when all I see is L33t speak or text speak, it hurts the eyes. You have access to a computer. There are ways you can check for corrections. I personally cannot stand text speak, especially when it is on a messageboard. When you write, you have to use FULL words. Make it flow. When I read your posts, all I see are chunks and bits. This is likely why anyone who read your post was discouraged from joining. It's like someone promising me yummy pizza, but then I see that the cook has mold in the dough. I don't want to eat at that restaurant. It is not my intention to hurt your feelings. Please understand that. However, being that you are still very young, I think it is important for you to note how to communicate effectively online, especially on a messageboard. I am sorry if I offended your feelings.

Now, I am old lady compared to you, but one of the reasons I joined this forum was to have long, thoughtful discussions on something we are all passionate about. That means I like reading long, wordy explanations. I am not asking for perfect spelling. I have been using boards for many years. I have run into mistakes. Usually, I let it go. However, seeing the word 'aboutt' written incorrectly when it could be easily corrected, it just discourages anyone from engaging.

2. I am sure quite a few forum members joined the Writing Challenge. They probably need to recharge their batteries. Here are some suggestions.

a) Fix the typing. Write legibly.
b) Asborb the forum. I just joined recently, but I don't think it is in my place to start declaring challenges when there is one already in place.

Here are some tips. If you were communicating with a friend, you can l33t speak all you want. However, this is a public forum. Some people will have....less tolerance of certain things. You get me, girl? ;)
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Panda-chan » June 10th, 2012, 11:36 pm

Yeah, well, I think SOMEONE owes someone an apology...

*cough*
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22215&start=100#p683602

And this is why I reiterate my suggestion that kids 13 and under should not be allowed on this site. Immature brats contribute nothing to a discussion board but spam and trolling. It's a shame it had to take the example here to prove it. ;D
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » June 11th, 2012, 1:12 am

^Can I say that I agree with your 13+ age restriction forum?
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Azdgari » June 15th, 2012, 3:53 pm

[quote="Amanda"]
Immature brats contribute nothing to a discussion board but spam and trolling. It's a shame it had to take the example here to prove it. ;D[/quote]
When you were on here at age 13 would you have been happy to be told to get off MLK because you're an immature brat? If you don't like younger member's posts, add them as foes and don't see their posts. Or just ignore them... not quite rocket science. ;3

KKVK4: As others have said, you should improve your spelling and organization of the contest in order to gain legitimacy. It's not a bad idea but if you want to be taken seriously, you have to bring it up a notch in terms of professionalism.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Return to MLK Writing Contest