MLK Writing Contest #10!

MLK Writing Contest #10!

Postby DGFone » August 20th, 2012, 8:28 am

Double digits are here! :D

With nine writing contests behind us, I am pleased to announce the Tenth MLK Writing Contest! For the next two weeks, you can write on one of these following topics:

Scar survives Simba's take-over
Timon and Pumbaa split up / never met
Why Kopa is not in Simba's Pride
Ed isn't actually a total idiot

You guys have until Sunday, September 2nd to write your stories and PM them to me. When you have your submission finished, PM it to me. I accept both text files (I prefer OpenOffice .odt format, but MS Word .doc also works, with formatting issues) and stories embedded into the PM inside a spoiler box. The most fail-safe from of submitting is the spoiler-box in a PM, as stories will be already formatted properly.

Word length: Please limit the word length to around 2000 words. You may go a bit over, but remember that people will read your story, as well all the others, so it will only be respectful to keep the length tasteful. Shorter stories are also welcome. The usual writing rules apply: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing, and don't submit something you already wrote previously. Don't vote for yourself, and don't ask others to vote for your story either. I had to disqualify a story in the previous contest because of this. The stories are anonymous for a reason: so that people vote for the story, not the author.
Only vote after you read all the stories, no matter how many or how long they are.
You may resubmit a story, but only if it's done before the deadline. If you resubmit, please PM me with it as though it were a first submission, but tell me that you are resubmitting, and give the file-name some sort of marker to show that it's not a first submission. (Example: storyV2.txt) You may post questions or comments in this topic.

The winner will get a special banner made by me, and will be able to create a prompt for others to write on in the next writing contest.

Have fun writing the stories, and welcome to the second digit of writing contests! Good luck everyone!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #10!

Postby Meskhenet » August 20th, 2012, 12:00 pm

Ok. I'll do it! :D
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » August 20th, 2012, 12:09 pm

I got a perfect story, with no idea's of cheating. And p.s. That was silly me. The new link me dose not cheat.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » August 20th, 2012, 4:05 pm

Damn, these are some good ones!
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » August 21st, 2012, 6:07 am

My story is quarter done.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Postby Gemini » August 23rd, 2012, 2:58 am

Ooooh, this looks fun. XD I've actually already written a story where Scar survived, and another where Ed wasn't a total idiot... but it will be fun to revisit these themes and write short stories about them. Heehee, this should be a blast! :D

Off to work on this now.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby DGFone » August 27th, 2012, 7:43 am

I am glad to see that people like this round's prompts. This is the half-way point reminder: One more week to get your stories in to me! With school starting for everyone, prioritize the writing contest over your future ;) (or not), just remember that if you are starting school or already started it: you have less time now, so plan accordingly.
Last edited by DGFone on August 27th, 2012, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » August 27th, 2012, 7:53 am

For me school started 7 weeks ago.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Postby SNAZ » August 27th, 2012, 11:31 am

What! School starts a week from Wednesday!
Poor u!
Userbars and Extra stuffs: show
Thanks Julie Skywalker for my AWESOME siggy and avvy :-D
SNAZ
Scar Rules

But I still like Simba ;)

Nickname(s): SNSZ123, Shaz, snaz, Twin(GeminiGemelo)
Pride Points: 9

Postby Gemini » August 27th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Alas, same here. XD School starts a week from Wednesday, so I normally wouldn't be under any time restraints. Except my Internet went down suddenly and I'm typing this out at a cafe. So I'm going to send mine in early. :)
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest