MLK Writing Contest #15 [Winner]

MLK Writing Contest #15 [Winner]

Postby DGFone » January 28th, 2013, 7:19 pm

I still find it quite funny how all three submissions came in on the last day to enter them. That isn't to say that they were bad. To the contrary, considering how much one particular story dominated the others, I think we can all agree that it at least was a great story. So pleas congratulate our winner:

TheBlackCatCrossing!

Congratulations on writing this masterpiece of a story! You truly deserve all the votes you got. As always, with this win, you'll get a banner made by me to proudly show off, as well as the right to pick a topic for everyone to write for on the next writing contest.

And well done to OuRaion and DGFone for both writing a story that impressed at least one member to get the vote.

With that, stay tuned for the next writing contest in one week!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #15 [Winner]

Postby Scars Mate » January 28th, 2013, 7:52 pm

Congratulations! All the stories were really good ^^

Ask Me ~o~ My Graphics
-Signature by the amazing Shadowfax-
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » January 28th, 2013, 9:50 pm

I am humbled. *bows*

You were a worthy challenger :p
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby DGFone » January 28th, 2013, 10:05 pm

[quote="TheBlackCatCrossing"]I am humbled. *bows*

You were a worthy challenger :p[/quote]

I was a worthy challenger? I'm surprised I even got a vote, because I was working on my F-18 (viewtopic.php?f=28&p=859732#p858964) instead of writing for the contest.

If you want a challenge, I think I can give you one next time. ;)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby OuRaion » January 28th, 2013, 11:57 pm

THANK GOD DG DIDN'T WIN!

Congratulations on beating both of us by 5 votes TheBlackCatCrossing!
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » January 29th, 2013, 1:23 am

I already have a couple of prompts in my head. Can't wait to see how some of you handle them.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Buffy » January 29th, 2013, 1:35 am

Congrats on the win!! :)
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » January 29th, 2013, 5:36 am

Thank you everyone! I am honored. It was a last minute decision. The prompt got my attention because, well, it seemed funny. Technically speaking wasn't Mufasa married to all the l lionesses? They werent just there for decoration. ;)

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Postby Gemini » January 30th, 2013, 5:10 am

Very nice, Cat. I greatly enjoyed your story. Great detail and POV as always. :) I was actually thinking of attempting to break DGFone's winning streak had he won, but it seems you've beat me to it. XD

As far as the next contest, I'll probably be writing a story too, so I'm looking forwards to your prompt. Best of luck to you next time, and I suppose I will see you then. In the meantime, enjoy your victory! *tips metaphorical hat*

Twin (:
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby DGFone » January 30th, 2013, 8:24 am

Just to say, I really do find it funny how when people win, they get congratulated, but if I win, it's everyone off to kill my streak! (Okay, I get congratulated too ;) )

But hey, if my victories stimulate a competitive, spirited but sportsmanlike atmosphere in this contest, perhaps I should try to win harder for more than just personal selfish "I won!" reasons. :lol:
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest