MLK Writing Contest #16!

MLK Writing Contest #16!

Postby DGFone » February 4th, 2013, 9:29 am

Sunday just ended for me, and that means one thing: Another writing contest! For the next two weeks, you will be able to write down a short story based on one of the following four prompts, and submit it to me until the voting round. And then we'll find out who was the best author of February. But until then, there some writing to do, right?

How did Zazu become the Majordomo
The pressures of ruling a kingdom
Where did the Hyenas run away too?
Mufasa and Pumbaa meet one another - How does a smelly warthog fit into the Circle of Life?

The time limit will still be the usual two weeks to write a story. Therefore, the deadline is: Monday, February 18th! When you finish with your story, just PM it to me, or send it via a PM attachment.

Usual rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words . However, there is also now a minimum requirement of 1000 words as well. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing, and don't submit something you already wrote previously. Don't vote for yourself, and don't ask others to vote for your story either.

Good luck, and good writing!
Last edited by DGFone on February 6th, 2013, 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #16!

Postby Ninaroja » February 4th, 2013, 5:01 pm

There's only four prompts. Didn't you say there were 5?
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby DGFone » February 4th, 2013, 5:41 pm

We had five last time because we had two prompts from two winners of the contest. Now it's back to the standard four.

And the part where is says five is because it was copied over from the last contest. :lol: I generally try to rewrite each topic so that it's not the same text all the time, but usually there's about 50% that is copied over from before.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Ninaroja » February 4th, 2013, 11:44 pm

Gotcha. Hopefully I'll be able to enter this time, having said the last few I would and then not being able to ultimately
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » February 5th, 2013, 12:30 am

Whoever writes a well written fic for the last prompt will have my undying devotion. :p
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Gemini » February 5th, 2013, 2:09 am

Well, I have been waiting for this for a while, and I can't say I am disappointed with this selection. Now I have to think of how to fit a coherent story on one of these themes/topics into less than 4000 words. XD

Twin :)
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby DGFone » February 5th, 2013, 3:47 am

^Agreed. I find it ironic how when you're not motivated, 1000 words seem like such an unreachable goal, but as soon as you get that spark, 2000 words, the old limit, start seeing like the cruelest and most tedious of barriers that serve no purpose but to force mass editing and content cutting.

I truly feel like raising the max limit from 2000 to 4000 was a very good move, because when an author gets motivated, it shows!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby OuRaion » February 6th, 2013, 7:11 am

[quote="DGFone"]

Even though there are four prompts instead of four, the time limit will still be two weeks to write a story. Therefore, the deadline is: Monday, February 18th! When you finish with your story, just PM it to me, or send it via a PM attachment.

[/quote]
Do you do this on purpose?
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby DGFone » February 6th, 2013, 7:47 am

See post 3. 8-)

Fixed.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby OuRaion » February 6th, 2013, 7:53 am

So, you fixed it, which caused another error. You'd think you'd recognise something like that wouldn't you?
OuRaion

Pride Points: 60

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest