MLK Writing Contest #16 [Winner]

MLK Writing Contest #16 [Winner]

Postby DGFone » March 4th, 2013, 10:01 pm

Well this certainly has been quite an interesting contest. The first one to get a week-long delay, at any rate. So the votes are in at the last minute, and we have a winner!

GeminiGemelo

Well done! I enjoyed reading your story, and look forward to seeing what you can write for future contests! You will get a banner made by me, and will be able to create a topic for others to write on for the next writing contest.

Congratulations to Regulus for getting second place! FYI, your first-order differential equation is actually referred to as a logistical growth model. First order ODEs are too general of a term.

Stay tuned for the next writing contest to be up in a week!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #16 [Winner]

Postby Regulus » March 4th, 2013, 10:12 pm

Oh, you... :P

Congrats to Gemini for writing a story more brilliant than mine. xD
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » March 4th, 2013, 11:53 pm

Congrats, Twin! I had a feeling that one was yours. ;)
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby OuRaion » March 5th, 2013, 6:23 am

Congratulations on beating me of all people ;)
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby DGFone » March 5th, 2013, 7:38 am

[quote="Regulus"]Oh, you... :P
[/quote]

Just saying. Calling a logistical growth model only as a "first order differential equation" is the same as calling your car a "ground-based mode of transportation". Once you learn the term "logistical growth", you don't use anything else.

Still, congrats on beating me. I'll get you next contest! :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Kopalover » March 5th, 2013, 4:01 pm

Congratulations! What a great story :)
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby Gemini » March 8th, 2013, 6:45 am

Thanks to all of you who voted for mine! :) To be honest, I'm kind of surprised. I finished it at 1 AM Monday morning and submitted it as it was, without any extra editing or anything. Not to mention it turned out significantly different than I originally thought and I felt kind of iffy about it. Normally I would have rescinded and edited/rewritten it, or just done another prompt, but I was out of time.

Plus, I didn't want to be the person to ask for a week-long extension and then not use it. XD Thanks to DG for extending that offer - I was sick and had to catch up on schoolwork afterwards, so there was no way I would have been able to finish it on time. :(

I guess this leaves me to wait for my banner and think up another prompt. Thanks to all of you again... oh, and by the way, Regulus, you deserve an honorable mention. Your story was very funny and it made me laugh. lol

Twin :)
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby DGFone » March 8th, 2013, 10:02 pm

[quote="GeminiGemelo"]Thanks to all of you who voted for mine! :) To be honest, I'm kind of surprised. I finished it at 1 AM Monday morning and submitted it as it was, without any extra editing or anything. Not to mention it turned out significantly different than I originally thought and I felt kind of iffy about it. Normally I would have rescinded and edited/rewritten it, or just done another prompt, but I was out of time.
Twin :)[/quote]

I purposely went to bed on Sunday without having created the contest in order to give you even more time to submit the story. And the submission I got was one big unreadable block of text. The version you all read I edited, separating all the paragraphs and making the story much easier to read.

So for all of you people who claim that I rig the contest: if anything, I make it even harder for me to win. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » March 12th, 2013, 12:02 am

So where are the new prompts? ;)
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby DGFone » March 12th, 2013, 12:37 am

Waiting on a certain twin to PM me his prompt. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest