MLK Writing Contest #17!

MLK Writing Contest #17!

Postby DGFone » March 12th, 2013, 6:10 am

So the original plan was for this topic to be created early this morning, but I had to wait for Gemini to get her prompt in for me. Now that I finally have it, I can start the contest! It will still be the same two week writing period as before. And like the last contest, if you guys will need it, I can extend it, but I would rather not have to do that. So with these things aside, these are the prompts for the contest:

Nala, and not Rafiki, is the one that convinces Simba to return home.
Timon and Pumbaa before they found the safety of the jungle
Zira changes her mind about her "suicide" at the end of Simba's Pride
What if Simba told his father that Scar convinced him to go to the Elephant Graveyard?

The time limit will still be the usual two weeks to write a story. Therefore, the deadline is: Thursday, April 4th! When you finish with your story, just PM it to me, or send it via a PM attachment. Yes, I still edit those stories that are submitted as a mess to me (yes, I do define a big block of text as a mess), but I won't spend a long time editing stories to be readable when I create the voting topic. If I can't fix the problem with the enter key, then I probably won't do it.

Usual rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.

One last thing: Just so that it won't become a habit, try as much as you can not to have to ask me for a time extension. I want them to be an exception and not the norm.

That should be all for the rules, so it leaves only one last thing:

Good luck, and good writing!
Last edited by DGFone on April 3rd, 2013, 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #17!

Postby DGFone » March 19th, 2013, 7:22 pm

About a week left, but I have no submissions yet. I'm not too worried yet, but just reminding you guys that we're past the half-way point for submitting a story.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Azdgari » March 19th, 2013, 8:40 pm

I might work on something ;3
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby DGFone » March 22nd, 2013, 6:09 pm

Three days left!

Still no submissions. :oops:
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Azdgari » March 22nd, 2013, 9:58 pm

Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby FlipMode » March 23rd, 2013, 12:18 am

Oh sweet mother of all ironies, the one time I'm ready to write and enter this happens to be the time that nobody else wants to enter...

Well I haven't actually written it yet, but I do have a plot based on the prompt that really interested me and I plan to write it tomorrow time not withstanding. I'll definitely be able to make it before the deadline though!

So here's a thing - if I enter before the deadline and there is an extension again, will I be able to use the extension to edit the entry and re submit it? Or first entry only?

:)
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » March 23rd, 2013, 12:23 am

^ As long as the deadline is not over, extension or not, you can resubmit as many times as you want. I don't look at the stories until after the deadline ends and I create the voting topic. If I get re-submissions, I simply delete the old ones.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » March 23rd, 2013, 11:17 pm

About two days left.

Got my first submission! :D
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » March 24th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Last day guys, and only one submission so far.

Crunch time... starts now.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Regulus » March 24th, 2013, 7:33 pm

If you extend the deadline a week, I promise I will submit a story. I already have my idea for a plot, I just need to write it down.

If you do not, then I promise I will not submit anything because I have too much hw this weekend.

It's your choice. :P
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest