MLK Writing Contest #21 [Voting]

Which is the best story from the 21st Writing Contest?

Poll ended at September 29th, 2013, 8:20 pm

30%
10%
10%
No votes
10%
20%
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: MLK Writing Contest #21 [Voting]

Postby DGFone » September 26th, 2013, 1:23 am

Hey, at least I get to double post. :P

DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Gemini » September 26th, 2013, 1:42 am

XD
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Ninaroja » September 26th, 2013, 4:19 pm

[quote="GeminiGemelo"]
And that kind of explains how you wrote Captive so dang fast. [/quote]

Yeah, but Captive had freakishly short chapters. Most of them barely scraped 1000 words :/ some not even that much.

I dunno, but something that makes me different to some of our resident writers here at MLK is that my endurance writing is very bad. For instance, I remember when the discussions as to how to change the max/min word count were going on and somebody said something like "some of us here can easily slam out 10,000 words per chapter and more". I read that and was just like "dayum" :-o

2000 words is my absolute minimum now, but usually I can get closer to 3000.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Gemini » September 28th, 2013, 7:30 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"][quote="GeminiGemelo"]
And that kind of explains how you wrote Captive so dang fast. [/quote]
I dunno, but something that makes me different to some of our resident writers here at MLK is that my endurance writing is very bad. For instance, I remember when the discussions as to how to change the max/min word count were going on and somebody said something like "some of us here can easily slam out 10,000 words per chapter and more". I read that and was just like "dayum" :-o [/quote]

You know, I remember that poll... and I honestly think that might have been me. XD Some of my one-shots breach the 10,000 word mark and even the others I challenged myself to write by doing in one sitting scrape over 5,000 words. However, I believe it's worth noting that, at least at this point, I don't make 10,000 word chapters... the one-shots were just longer because they were meant to fit in a whole story.

2,000 is a good starting point - my first fic's chapters were around that long, and yours will probably get longer with time. 8-) I believe my longest chapter in Trampled was around 5,000 or maybe even 6,000 words. The first chapter, in comparison, is only about 2,500 or so.

More on-topic with this whole thread: I have yet to vote. xD
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Postby DGFone » September 28th, 2013, 7:41 pm

^lol, you better vote, because the poll will close in 25 hours, give or take .5.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » September 29th, 2013, 12:41 am

Only six people have voted lol...
MLK, Y U NO READ?!
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » September 29th, 2013, 6:29 am

About half a day left! So if you hadn't voted yet, GET TO DEM VOTING BOOTHS!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Gemini » September 29th, 2013, 5:30 pm

[quote="DGFone"]About half a day left! So if you hadn't voted yet, GET TO DEM VOTING BOOTHS![/quote]

I just voted. xD I can honestly say that choosing my two favorite stories was harder than usual because there were several good ones (1, 2, 4, and 7 were my favorites). :P
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Postby FlipMode » September 29th, 2013, 5:37 pm

My entry has a vote now, happy with that XD I honestly didn't think it would get a single vote.
Oh yeah that reminds me, we're still allowed to post these up as individual threads after the voting has ended, right? :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 30th, 2013, 12:29 am

[censored], I thought the poll ended TONIGHT at midnight. I have been busy with school/work and I had to go to a Baptism yesterday. If I had voted, it would have gone to #5 and #1.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

PreviousNext

Return to MLK Writing Contest