MLK Writing Contest #27!

Re: MLK Writing Contest #27!

Postby Gemini » June 22nd, 2014, 7:58 am

[quote="electricocomics"][quote="GeminiGemelo"]Wait, you mean there's a way to do things without cramming it in the night before? :gasp2: Why didn't they ever teach me this in school‽ Get on it, 'Murica![/quote]

What you didn't learn the Canada way, other wise known as the best way? :lol:
Seriously tough :-o , that's the first thing they told us in high school, and it works really well. You can cut down on about 3/4 of your study time if you listen in class and understand what your teacher is saying = more time for other things! With that I got consistent 90s the whole year and probably aced my mid-years and finals.[/quote]

Lawl, I was kidding. Of course, they always tell us not to procrastinate and to get started on things right away, but really, it never happens like that. Maybe I'm just a terrible example, I dunno. xD Usually I just BS something in class, get my A, nail the test, and go home. :oops:

Seriously. I never bring homework home, I do it all at school. Just the idea of having to deal with school for longer than I have to is... repulsive... to me. :roll:
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Regulus » June 22nd, 2014, 5:58 pm

[quote="GeminiGemelo"]Lawl, I was kidding. Of course, they always tell us not to procrastinate and to get started on things right away, but really, it never happens like that. Maybe I'm just a terrible example, I dunno. xD Usually I just BS something in class, get my A, nail the test, and go home. :oops:

Seriously. I never bring homework home, I do it all at school. Just the idea of having to deal with school for longer than I have to is... repulsive... to me. :roll:[/quote]

You're not the only one who did that. ;)
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby electricocomics » June 23rd, 2014, 1:53 am

I do it but only when I am not solid on a topic. Or if detentions and stuff are a consequence. Then I prioritise those pieces of homework. That are meant for home. Emphasise on HOME! Or maybe it's just me that likes having my lunch breaks, especially because they are shortened by a more packed schedule because of my 2 hours of Fine arts at the end of the day. So I get shorter lunches but also shorter 3rd periods and 2 hours of what I want to do at the end of the day.
Electricocomics

electricocomics
ELC Prop Making

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

'sup

Nickname(s): electricocomics
Pride Points: 1

Postby Gemini » June 23rd, 2014, 10:47 am

[quote="Regulus"][quote="GeminiGemelo"]Lawl, I was kidding. Of course, they always tell us not to procrastinate and to get started on things right away, but really, it never happens like that. Maybe I'm just a terrible example, I dunno. xD Usually I just BS something in class, get my A, nail the test, and go home. :oops:

Seriously. I never bring homework home, I do it all at school. Just the idea of having to deal with school for longer than I have to is... repulsive... to me. :roll:[/quote]

You're not the only one who did that. ;)[/quote]

Then you'll probably understand when I say that all my friends hate me because of it. xD While they're stressing about homework, I'm just sitting there like... what homework... I did it like five minutes after I got it guys...

:smug:

[quote="electricocomics"]Or maybe it's just me that likes having my lunch breaks, especially because they are shortened by a more packed schedule because of my 2 hours of Fine arts at the end of the day. So I get shorter lunches but also shorter 3rd periods and 2 hours of what I want to do at the end of the day.[/quote]

... tf? You get two hours of art classes? :huh2: Dude. If I could do that... and shorten my lunch to take what I actually wanted... :happythoughts: I'd do it in .05 seconds. Seriously, I haven't had the room to take an art class since I was like 10 and they were teaching us fifth graders to fail at making things out of clay. :huh: lol
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Postby electricocomics » June 24th, 2014, 12:50 am

But you also have to be elite in your studies. For normal students, 60% is a passing grade. Ours is a 70% and another program's is 80%. It's great but your schedule gets packed and you just dont have time to do all your homework at lunch and you actually have to listen to your teachers if you are going to have any chance to pass these classes. And by default you get the enriched classes instead of regular tough I should be a level superior in all my classes save for english.
Electricocomics

electricocomics
ELC Prop Making

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

'sup

Nickname(s): electricocomics
Pride Points: 1

Postby Gemini » June 24th, 2014, 1:20 am

[quote="electricocomics"]But you also have to be elite in your studies. For normal students, 60% is a passing grade. Ours is a 70% and another program's is 80%. It's great but your schedule gets packed and you just dont have time to do all your homework at lunch and you actually have to listen to your teachers if you are going to have any chance to pass these classes. And by default you get the enriched classes instead of regular tough I should be a level superior in all my classes save for english.[/quote]

I guess by normal standards, I'm considered 'elite' too, since I get A's and I take AP (college-level) courses as well as honors, and I'm technically two years ahead in math. But, then, a lot of people also are at my school, so it's really not that special and you don't get that much recognition for it. You can take three or more AP classes and that's not abnormal at all. Everyone's extremely academically-oriented, so that's pretty much all my schedule's been for like three years and I have almost no room for electives. :/

I still find my classes pretty boring, I dunno, I think I just hate school in general at this point. It means less time for writing and it's just really annoying and the people are annoying and the teachers are annoying and everything is just a nuisance. Ever since I finished the so-called 'magnet'/gifted program I was in during junior high, everything has seemed boring and easy. You can study in the library during lunch, but personally I'd rather just go to my next class and get it over with. I honestly think lunch in general is a waste of time, I kinda wish they'd cut it out so we could go home sooner but I know the other 99.99% would never go for that. -_____-

Anyways, I'm kinda done talking about school, I feel like I'm getting way off topic. xD It's summer now. :3 I've got one more year and then I'm (finally) going off to college. No more public school BS after that. *rant over*
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Postby wolfishgirl » June 26th, 2014, 3:29 am

Whenever I see the word Canada I pronounce it my head as Ka-Nay-de=ah
Spoiler: show
Married to vish

adopted daughter werewolfgrrly

adopted sister: unikels

adopted brother: Tora

Melonie's Aunt

Thank you Rogue and Sophie for the graphics.

friends list are in the spoiler, check out if you're good enough to be one. :D

Nicholas
Nukascar1
Arani
Biomac 92
Buffy
Libre
Banana
WildSimba
TheLionPrince
VitanisMate
TheRoguePrince
Regulus
SimbaNalaScarZira123
Vish
Kuna
Unikels
OuRaion
Moka
werewolfgrrly
Tora
Juliette
James
KristinaKiara
Aina
DGFone
SharpLionson
wolfishgirl
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Warm in your belly!

Nickname(s): Wolfishgirl, Narm, Annoying girl, Alien, Angel...
Pride Points: 26

Previous

Return to MLK Writing Contest