MLK Writing Contest #31 [Winner]!

MLK Writing Contest #31 [Winner]!

Postby DGFone » December 3rd, 2014, 9:26 am

And they say that voting doesn't count. ;) With both only 1 vote as well as getting all of the total votes, a unanimous decision has been reached on who the best author was in this round of the writing contest. This author is:

Ninaroja!

Congratulations on your narrow win of only 1 vote! One less vote and you would have tied with DGFone and Julie Skywalker for second place! Except the PM from me asking for your prompt for the next writing contest which will start in a week.
Last edited by DGFone on December 5th, 2014, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #31 [Winner]!

Postby Carl » December 5th, 2014, 12:51 am

Congrats Nina, you deserve a win, even if I didn't have time to read and/or vote. :cheese:

[quote="DGFone"] One less vote and you would have tied with DGFone and contest newcomer it means no worries for second place![/quote]

Ahem. Excuse me. She would have tied with you and it means no worries, huh? Which one of you is taking credit for my story then? :itchy:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » December 5th, 2014, 9:10 am

/facepalm

Fixed the error. Can't believe I let such a simple mistake get through. Forgive and forget? :innocent:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Ninaroja » December 5th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Thank you guys! And thank you to the lone voter :lol: I hope the next round will be a bit busier :P

As ever, my entry will be posted to my ff.net page, however for this one I think I will be posting an extended version - I got a few more ideas after I had submitted to DGFone on the day of the deadline, so expect that ASAP :D
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Carl » December 5th, 2014, 11:16 pm

[quote="DGFone"]Forgive and forget? :innocent:[/quote]
Yeah, it's cool, it happens.

[quote="Ninaroja"]I hope the next round will be a bit busier :P[/quote]
I don't know if I'll enter or not, depends if the topics we get next round speak to me and how busy I am working on other stuff. We'll have to see. Anyway, for it to be busier, we'll probably have to take a cattle-prod to Twin and maybe a few others. :P
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby FlipMode » December 6th, 2014, 1:58 am

[quote="Julie Skywalker"][quote="DGFone"]Forgive and forget? :innocent:[/quote]
Yeah, it's cool, it happens.

[quote="Ninaroja"]I hope the next round will be a bit busier :P[/quote]
I don't know if I'll enter or not, depends if the topics we get next round speak to me and how busy I am working on other stuff. We'll have to see. Anyway, for it to be busier, we'll probably have to take a cattle-prod to Twin and maybe a few others. :P[/quote]

I'll enter next ti.... Oh who am I kidding?! I probably won't lol
I have been trying to write something for a few months now. The thing with writing for me is that when I get started I'm fine, it's just that initial push that I struggle with. Every idea I get just sounds terrible to me :D
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » December 28th, 2014, 7:12 pm

While I will try to keep TLK of the Month running while I am still on vacation, I don't have all that much time for MLK right now, so I think I will start the next round of the contest when I will come back home - January 11th. So until then, no writing contest.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » January 13th, 2015, 12:37 pm

If getting into RolePlaying has taught me anything so far, its that pushing letters on the keyboard, actually makes letters appear on the screen! :-0
The problem with fanficiton writing for me is that I get an idea for it and then when I go to write it I just can't start it because I start thinking like "Okay, would anyone else actually want to read this?" And most of the time I tell myself no. But in RolePlay its a bit different because only the people in the group will read it, so it feels like you can just express yourself a lot more and not worry about that sort of stuff.

My aim therefore is to take that "Its a RolePlay, only one other person will be reading and replying to it anyway" and then apply that to writing fan fictions instead and hopefully that will help me get entries in on time :D
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » January 28th, 2015, 9:23 am

Hopefully I will remember tomorrow morning, but I am planning to finally start the next writing contest very soon! I saw The Lion King with my family over winter break and it gave me some ideas for topics. I just hope it will be something that will interest you guys as well!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Ninaroja » January 29th, 2015, 9:13 pm

^ should I send my prompt in, then?
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest