MLK Writing Contest #32!

MLK Writing Contest #32!

Postby DGFone » February 2nd, 2015, 10:50 am

The wait is over, and it's time for a new writing contest! Now that we all had a nice, rather long, break from the writing contest, I am hoping that there will be more interest with (hopefully) more, fresher ideas and less writing fatigue (if such a thing exists). When I was away on winter break, I saw the first movie again, and it did give me some ideas for the contest. This does mean that the prompts are all related to the first movie only, but I don't want to wait and potentially forget the ideas I came up with. For the next two weeks or so, you will be able to write on these following prompts:

Run. Run away and never return.
Zazu under Scar's reign
Mufasa reminding Simba of his legacy
Scar's first day as king

At the earliest, I will end the writing period on Monday, February 16th! Depending on how many stories I will get, I might extend the deadline, but don't use this as an excuse to stall and procrastinate.

Standard rules: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.

Have fun and write a great story!
Last edited by DGFone on February 3rd, 2015, 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #32 [Winner]!

Postby Ninaroja » February 2nd, 2015, 4:36 pm

[quote="DGFone"] I did bold this certain rule simply because our previous winner nearly broke it. So if you want to dance by the edge of the rules, go ahead, but be careful not to cross the line!
[/quote]

Did I? How so?
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby DGFone » February 2nd, 2015, 6:23 pm

^ :ocwap: Whoops, you can ignore that. That was copied and pasted from last week, when it was actually relevant.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Ninaroja » February 2nd, 2015, 6:33 pm

Ahh OK :D no worries. Now to get my creative juices flowing
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Carl » February 3rd, 2015, 4:31 am

Why does it say, "Writing Contest #32 [Winner]!"? :P

Anyway I'll see if I can get something whipped up. I'm going to try to go for a non-first movie interpretation of one of them, I think, because I feel I've been issued a challenge here. :nehneh:
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Re: MLK Writing Contest #32!

Postby DGFone » February 3rd, 2015, 5:34 am

Winner winner, why does it say winner?

Because sometime between when I checked the topic name and when I clicked "submit", the browser autofill settings placed the word in. Fixed now.

Computers when they think they know better...
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » February 3rd, 2015, 3:50 pm

How are you all getting on? :3
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » February 4th, 2015, 3:01 am

Still no stories in yet. If you are thinking that you might have the time to write something up, let me help you out with it:
You DO have the time to write something up. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » February 4th, 2015, 11:16 am

I'm about a quarter of the way through my first draft at 704 words so far.
Should definitely have it done in time (I'll have all day on the 14th to work on it because forever alone) :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Carl » February 4th, 2015, 7:06 pm

I'm not started yet, but I hope to get to it later today.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest