MLK Writing Contest #32!

Re: MLK Writing Contest #32!

Postby DGFone » February 17th, 2015, 12:13 am

Flip, you still have until the end of today to get that story done! :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Carl » February 20th, 2015, 6:29 am

Did you get enough entries?
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » February 20th, 2015, 8:52 am

I got three. So while it is not as many as I hoped for, it is enough to create a voting round.

Which I won't be starting today, so there is still some time to sneak in a last minute submission in, Flip. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » February 20th, 2015, 5:26 pm

Just sent it.
IDK if it missed the deadline or not. If it did, let me know and I'll just post it in the fan fic forum for people to read anyway :)

Sorry it was a tight squeeze at the end there, the thing is that after seeing some stuff on here recently, I haven't really been wanting to spend any time on MLK really the past week or so. There was some stuff going on in The Den, stuff that I thought this community had moved past long ago but apparently not and truth be told, it just kind of made me not really want to have much to do with the site for the past week or so.

But whatever, I got it finished in the end. An actual entry (almost) on time from Flip, what kind of madness is that?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby FlipMode » February 23rd, 2015, 7:35 am

Dat next gen voting thread, dough?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Gemini » February 26th, 2015, 10:44 pm

When's the voting topic getting posted? .____.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby FlipMode » February 27th, 2015, 8:59 am

I'd be behind too if I was running this. But I would like to know if my submission counted though since it was technically a day late.

FlipMode

Postby Timon the great » February 27th, 2015, 9:26 pm

^XD
Is it really that bad waiting for the host of this LK writing contest to reply? Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Gemini » February 27th, 2015, 9:34 pm

[quote="Flip_FTW"]I'd be behind too if I was running this. But I would like to know if my submission counted though since it was technically a day late.

Image[/quote]

That meme. xD lol

Anyway, in case he's busy and doesn't respond soon, I will say that I'm fairly certain yours got in. In my personal experience, I've submitted mine a bit late before and still had those stories included. And considering how few entries have been coming in during the last couple of contests, he's probably not going to exclude a perfectly good piece of writing over something like that. :P
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby DGFone » February 27th, 2015, 9:43 pm

What yesterday for me was like:

From the morning I had to go to my university where I had a midterm. After that I had another class.

Immediately after that I had to go straight to work, because I am involved with a special project that required me to stay up until... let's just say that I got back home at 2:30 in the morning. Then I had to finish up some school work, only to wake up at 6:30 in the morning so that I can get back to school for some more classes, and I am now finally back home, and very much feeling the lack of sleep.

So, when will the contest go the next step? Possibly late today, maybe this weekend. All I am asking is for you all to have some patience with me.

To answer Flip's question: Your story will be in.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

PreviousNext

Return to MLK Writing Contest