MLK Writing Contest #36 [Winners]!

MLK Writing Contest #36 [Winners]!

Postby DGFone » April 8th, 2016, 8:19 am

Despite two stories fighting back and forth, the voting ended with a tie, so please congratulate the two winners!

Gyramuur and DGFone!

Congratulations, you two! The story "Jasiri" was written by Gyramuur, and "Chabot" was written by me. While I admit that I thought that mine was quite good (which is rather rare these days TBH), I also enjoyed Killroy's story as well, and well... am not really sure which is better either.

So let's settle for both!

Since you all are also waiting for the next contest, I will start it sometime next week.
Last edited by DGFone on April 8th, 2016, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #36 [Winners]!

Postby Carl » April 8th, 2016, 8:55 am

Um, what? My story got no votes, though. :lol3:

"Jasiri" is someone else's, though it did get my vote. :P
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Ninaroja » April 8th, 2016, 2:31 pm

Controversy !!! ^^ :P

Well done to both winners! It was a tough choice but I ultimately voted for "Chabot", but it was a very close call!
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby DGFone » April 8th, 2016, 2:42 pm

Whoops, fixed now, and credited the right author! :Innocnet:

I was very much mentally dead when I posted the topic yesterday, (viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2104&p=1345526#p1345526) and didn't bother to check who it was.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Gyramuur » April 8th, 2016, 4:41 pm

Good work all around. ^^
Gyramuur

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Rollo » April 8th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Very well deserved win, Gyramuur! I thought your piece was absolutely brilliant.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Gyramuur » April 8th, 2016, 6:43 pm

[quote="lelizwe"]Very well deserved win, Gyramuur! I thought your piece was absolutely brilliant.[/quote]

Thank you. ^^
Gyramuur

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Gemini » April 9th, 2016, 8:22 pm

I just looked at the voting thread and it seems there wasn't a tie? :? lol

EDIT: There was nine votes and now there's ten. Is the poll still open? I'm confused. It was definitely 5-4 when I looked.

Anyway, yeah; good work, both of you. I voted for Gyramuur's. :)
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Ninaroja » April 10th, 2016, 5:35 pm

^when you've cast your vote the poll changes to show the results, similar to how it looks when the poll is closed - maybe this is the case for you?
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby DGFone » April 10th, 2016, 9:38 pm

I forgot to add a timer on the poll. It was 4-4 when I posted this topic, and now it's 5-5, so still a tie.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest