MLK Writing Contest #38!

MLK Writing Contest #38!

Postby DGFone » December 12th, 2016, 8:54 am

Told you guys I would do it. 8-) No introductions needed: this is the next writing contest! The following are going to be the prompts for this round:

Ono in the Guard
Timon and Pumbaa as parents
Reintegration of the Outsiders into the Pride Lands
The Lion King: Future

In two weeks time I will be just leaving for winter break. So I have decided that since it will basically grantee me not posting the voting round until after I come back, I will simply have the deadline be then. Therefor, the deadline for this contest will be:
January 8th, 2017!

Standard rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #38!

Postby Carl » December 12th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Oh man! I think I've got an idea forming! A good one! Look out y'all, this contest is about to get country fresh! :fuliohyeah:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby it means no worries » December 12th, 2016, 6:13 pm

[quote="DGFone"]
The Lion King: Future[/quote]

Perfect! I'll show myself out...
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby SimbaKovu » December 17th, 2016, 8:16 am

I'll be doing one on the Reunification theme. Question, though: Could "Outsiders" also be interpreted as meaning the hyenas as well?
SimbaKovu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » December 17th, 2016, 7:33 pm

Promps are left vague on purpose. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Carl » January 27th, 2017, 2:17 am

Is this still gonna be a thing?
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Azdgari » January 27th, 2017, 11:26 pm

Who made this stupid contest anyway?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby WildSimba » January 27th, 2017, 11:31 pm

[quote="Azdgari"]Who made this stupid contest anyway?[/quote]

"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby DGFone » January 30th, 2017, 5:59 am

Sorry guys, but work has been keeping me very busy, and more importantly, away from where I live, so a lot of things that I am able to get done throughout the week all get shoved to the weekends, which have been... busy.

Next week I will have the voting round up, I promise! :innocent:
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Azdgari » January 20th, 2018, 7:49 am

I'm want to steal back my contest, cause DG's lame.

So... would anyone have interest in starting this up again? I know lotsa people, myself included, don't have a ton of time on their hands, so we could make it a real snippet sort of deal--something like 500-1000 words?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest